Just ordered a VRS :)

Hello all 👋

My Audi A6 came to end of lease. Was looking  at other estates and pulled the trigger on a Octavia VRS.

Meteor Grey - was unsure of which colour . Hope I made the right choice! 

DSG 245

Reverse  camera 

DCC 

Winter Pack 

Undecided on the Canton sound.

Delivery about 4 months.

This will be my first Skoda.

Any one use one for transporting a large dog? Wondering what covers are available  to protect the boot

Dealer also offered me 2 years free servicing. 

Looking forward to being an active member 

• Like 1

Just been at the local dealer for a walk around (just outside obviously) hoping to see a car in meteor grey and luckily they have one of the PHEV VRS on the forecourt. 

I'm surprised how much I liked the meteor grey. It's convinced me it's the colour to  go for! 

IMG_20210314_141156011.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 13:13, SuperbIRL142 said:

Definitely go for Canton sound.. 

It's superb 

Really, I think that it's pretty overrated. I don't notice that much difference for the price paid. Won't be having it on the next car if I have an RS. 

Still considering a Jaguar or BMW 128ti. 

8 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I wouldn't go for the hybrid, it doesn't have very good reviews. 

Sorry, wasn't suggesting the PHEV was the one to go for, just the meteor grey.

I'm looking to order a TSI in the next few weeks... In meteor.

• Like 1

Oh yeah I can fully appreciate your colour choice, it's nice.

I nearly had it this time, but I won't be having a hybrid, apparently the gearbox is a bit fidgety, compared to the petrol. 

Also with that pathetic range on battery power it's not worth the extra cost. 

1 hour ago, Dave2912 said:

Just been at the local dealer for a walk around (just outside obviously) hoping to see a car in meteor grey and luckily they have one of the PHEV VRS on the forecourt. 

I'm surprised how much I liked the meteor grey. It's convinced me it's the colour to  go for! 

I would hurry if I were you. It looks like meteor grey color won't be available much longer. In Germany you can't order it anymore.

18 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I would hurry if I were you. It looks like meteor grey color won't be available much longer. In Germany you can't order it anymore.

Oh, thanks for the warning!

Wonder what would be offered as the base colour if meteor was removed?... Don't want to hijack the thread but interested to hear if German marked offers any clues?

2 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

@SnoopstaVRS  sorry for hijacking this thread. :blush:

@Dave2912 this are the colors in the new brochure in Germany. Looks like Mamba Green will replace Meteor Grey.

image.thumb.png.ae2723c0d054d721cd2b2545fd4e480c.png

There are a couple of differences there, no Corrida Red for Germany and the UK doesn't get Candy White

On 14/03/2021 at 19:23, TheUltraRunner said:

@SnoopstaVRS  sorry for hijacking this thread. :blush:

@Dave2912 this are the colors in the new brochure in Germany. Looks like Mamba Green will replace Meteor Grey.

image.thumb.png.ae2723c0d054d721cd2b2545fd4e480c.png

Mamba Green looks quite nice, actually. Not sure if I prefer the subtle look of the Meteor Grey or the pop of the Mamba Green, lol

4 minutes ago, SnoopstaVRS said:

Dealer said about 3 months for the car to arrive.

If leather/Alcantara does come out soon, how soon after can I change the order before its locked in?

thankS

Not entirely sure, but I placed my first order on the 23rd of December, then added DCC on the 5th of Jan. I believe they had to replace the original order, as I signed a new PO.  Originally, I was told unconfirmed build week 7 for March delivery, then week 15, now it's supposed to be built last week (week 10), but still waiting for an update... My point is that changing the order could cause some delays, as I'm not sure if they're just updating the placed order, or creating a new one...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tishout said:

Not entirely sure, but I placed my first order on the 23rd of December, then added DCC on the 5th of Jan. I believe they had to replace the original order, as I signed a new PO.  Originally, I was told unconfirmed build week 7 for March delivery, then week 15, now it's supposed to be built last week (week 10), but still waiting for an update... My point is that changing the order could cause some delays, as I'm not sure if they're just updating the placed order, or creating a new one...

I would imagine changing the seats is a fairly major change to an order, particularly as I believe the seats would be electric adjustment upgrades? 
It’s all speculation until you find out 100% whether the UK is getting the alternative to cloth seats for vRS. 
What does your dealer say? Any timelines? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnoopstaVRS said:

Dealer said about 3 months for the car to arrive.

If leather/Alcantara does come out soon, how soon after can I change the order before its locked in?

thankS

Whilst your order is status 10 (provisional build week) you can make changes, after that it goes to status 20 (confirmed build week) and you can't alter anything, but the time frames for these statuses are anybody's guess. And yea, changes you make may alter the build week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skodev said:

I would imagine changing the seats is a fairly major change to an order, particularly as I believe the seats would be electric adjustment upgrades? 
It’s all speculation until you find out 100% whether the UK is getting the alternative to cloth seats for vRS. 
What does your dealer say? Any timelines? 

Dealer said he has no idea. He told me he checked Skoda hub etc and called Skoda UK and nothing yet. 

I pinged SKODA on FB and they said " decision is made by the Factory. Skoda UK  do not have any input to these decisions. Please keep checking the UK website for any changes."

1 hour ago, SnoopstaVRS said:

Dealer said he has no idea. He told me he checked Skoda hub etc and called Skoda UK and nothing yet. 

I pinged SKODA on FB and they said " decision is made by the Factory. Skoda UK  do not have any input to these decisions. Please keep checking the UK website for any changes."

Haha! So it’s the factory keeping you in suspense the cheeky scamps. 🤣🤣 

I’ve seen the “upgraded” seats with thigh extenders and alcantara on a few you tube reviews, mainly Germany, so I think they definitely are standard in other markets. 
Its a shame that they aren’t standard because I think that would really make the cabin a next level experience, and I think I’ll miss the thigh support extenders as I have them on my current car, but my cloth seats were plenty good in my 2015 Mk3 vRS, and I imagine these will be the same. 
I’ll be honest, I think with all the software / infotainment issues Skoda will be fighting across Europe from the early cars, I doubt offering a new seat choice will be high on their agendas.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love it! 1