SQUEAKS !

paco

Hi, 

Question from the Yeti forum - does the Karoq suffer from squeaks & creaks from the dash board area as most Yeti's appear to do ?   

19 minutes ago, CJJE said:

Mine has on occasion, but only when the weather was very mildly nippy (around freezing). 

Chris

Sorted that typo out for you!  :D :D

To be serious, had mine out in -17c, a bit parkie, and all temps to that number, and all well.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yeh, well I'm down south and not allowed to come to play in the North yet! 

Normally I'd be planning a visit to The Trossachs this Spring, but who knows when I'll be let through the border!!

Chris

Tell me about it.  With SW’s family in Ingerland and mine in Wales, and Queen Nicola having closed the border since well before Chrimbo, it’s pretty complicated up here as well.   My parents have booked a cottage in Aviemore in back end of July, not sure they’re not being a bit hopeful.  :angry:

My Karoq is the quietest sqeak free car I have ever owned. The doors shut with a reassuring clunk too without any of the rattles my old Yeti had. Suspension is very rubbery with no rattles or squeaks over bad road surfaces. All in all, the best put together car I have owned in 50 years of motoring. Strangely the first car I owned was a Morris 1000 with a 998cc engine and this Koroq also has a 998cc engine but the difference is amazing. Absolutely no comparison and shows how technology has moved on in 50 years!

Two squeak free Yetis, and now on my second squeak free Karoq, maybe I'm lucky regarding squeaks.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, I bought one of the last Yeti’s 17 reg  SE Drive previous had 12 reg ) I can’t really justify paying 10 k to upgrade to a Karoq as my yeti has virtually all the same spec as a Karoq SEL. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by paco

My 2019MY Karoq has the digital dash.  I was getting a random rattle from behind the dash, typically around 1800 rpm, and which seemed to only manifest itself when the air was damp.  Cured by the dealer who, apparently, added some foam to stop direct contact between digital dash and other parts.  Sorry, I do not know which specific parts.

The retractable parcel shelf rubs on the seats when reclined fully and I have a nasty high pitched noise when the car goes over a bump.

Seems to be at the back but I can't track it down. Seat belt buckles also rattle like they used to in previous Yeti.

All 3 Yetis I had suffered from creaks around the dials.

My rear seat belts used to rattle until i realised there are slots for them to slide into [ I'm talking about my Yeti ]