Enyaq Ordered

domhnall

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 08:52, TheWanderer said:

Well hope you can find another £500 extra, they've just cut the grant from £3k to £2½k.

nope the price will be honoured for orders placed before 7am on the day the cut was announced

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 23:46, TheWanderer said:

Not applicable here. Unless they do something to compensate for it, then I'll be staying in the fossil fuel group. 

they have adjusted the prices to make sure they all qualify for the grant.  It's the starting price that has to be below £35k not the price once you add all the optional extras you'd like

Edited by domhnall
  • Like 1

Ah, thanks for explaining that. I'll still have to wait until my lease comes up for renewal. Hopefully in that time things in regard to battery life and range will have improved even more. 

• Confused 1

I want something that does 350-400 miles on a charge. If I go to see friends in Derbyshire for the day I don't want to stop for an hour or so half way back because I need to recharge, so a 3 hrs journey takes 4 or more.

When they can charge a battery from <25% to 75% or more in 5 mins then it truly becomes a viable option. 

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Confused 1

I understand about range but it was your comment on battery life I asked about.  There are batteries with good life's now from EV manufacturers having 10 years experience.   When VW have the new tech batteries we will be years from now before we know their life span.       Currently a 3 hour journey of 150 miles takes me 3 hours setting off with a 98% battery.  But a 150 miles in 2 hours 30 driving  will take me 3 hours as I have to get a quick 20 minute  charge to complete the last 20 miles.   Obviously then at my destination or wherever I need to get the battery charged someplace, so that is about 70 minutes .     But then I have not a big battery and there are no free chargers with more than 50kW speed.   I have done 6,500 miles now with less than £13 paid for charging.   I quite like that I can do 300 mile trips with  charging  being free and spend the £30 odd quid not spent on fuel on food.   If I take my diesel I would be £60 on fuel.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

So we still don't know whether we are going to get the same effects as mobile phone users do with their battery where it sticks at a certain level regardless of how much or long they charge it for.

Now normally I would only have to charge a car with a 300 mile range, once in two or three weeks depending on shifts so would be fine formy needs.

However there's normally at least 8 long distance trips p.a to/from West Somerset, Derbyshire, Calais, Belgium etc, where 300 miles is going to be touch and go whether I would need a 30'-1hr charge to complete the journey and when you've been up early and it's a long day and journey the last thing you want is to be sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for a charge to get you home, whereas with a fossil fuelled car, I can pull up at a petrol station and refill and go in 5 mins or so depending if it's busy or not.

@TheWandererNot for you then unless you are going to be buying or driving an EV that can do very fast charging and there being very fast chargers available to you on your journeys.

I think it is you that does not know from maybe not looking into what is known.

The Battery and car manufacturers know and those running EV's long term and to high mileages like Taxi Fleets know perfectly well about charging and battery conditions and life and loss of capacity after time.  Sometimes from a cell or 3 needing replaced.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Love it! 1

Probably not at the current time. Give it a year and things will have probably improved again with the larger batteries will have got better range and charging points got faster and more plentiful.

There is an issue with that as being reported on the telly today.

Larger and heavier vehicles and manufacturers calling vehicles SUV's even when they are not. 

There is a campaign to stop SUV's being advertised as lifestyle vehicles when they are not 4x4's or Offroaders and not required to be by many just wanting big cars.

Those 2 vids have a major error that many EV vids have.

They talk about them being Family Cars, even talk about a business trip.  So a business trip might be 1 person in the big heavy car or maybe more.

All those cars need at least an extra 300 kg, maybe even 400kg put in them and then tell the range in the best of UK conditions.

One person in large heavy cars will need to come to an end eventually in cities and congested areas and the VED should very much be on the weight & length of vehicles, even EV's.

Well IMO.

• 1 month later...

Order my Enyaq 80. It was built on the 17th May and is now sitting in Emden waiting shipment. However dealer says official UK launch date is now July 5th. Even if the car is shipped in May or June to the UK there is still no guarrantee of delivery date.

The car is already on the roads in the EU so is this VAG playing dirty tricks again?

Several dealers and brokers I've spoken to this week have confirmed that Skoda are not letting any supplier issue vehicles until July. 

Presumably some sort of marketing/PR campaign. 

Who knows.

Could be a variety of reasons.

If it's software perhaps there's an update being rolled out prior to July but you'd think they could do that on the fly without delaying deliveries. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just spoke to my dealer to check on some options that has changed since I ordered my car (you can no longer get Infotainment Plus without also having one of the leather interiors in Sweden). 

There’s still no build date for me, car was ordered In early March. 😟

36 minutes ago, C2atb said:

Mine keeps getting put further and further back week 29 saying September 

Mine was still status 4 (iirc) with preliminary build week 1, which I hope is a temporary placeholder.  

Hopefully it gets here before the lease on my Superb expires at the end of November. 🤷🏼

19 hours ago, Malakim said:

Mine was still status 4 (iirc) with preliminary build week 1, which I hope is a temporary placeholder.  

Hopefully it gets here before the lease on my Superb expires at the end of November. 🤷🏼

You can extend with the Sli number I’ve already had to do it 

if you old lease and new order with vwfs 

Edited by C2atb

Mine has arrived in the Port of Tyne, is due to be moved to the dealer this week and may well be ready for collection on Saturday or Sunday!!

very exciting. 

• Like 3