Maxton Designs and Concaver Wheels have worked some magic!

Yep, I am considering in the following weeks this Maxton set on my RS (hatch, white).
Also, next month I will get new wheels, not yet decided which brand and style..... this is so hard :(
Considering Concaver (premium and expensive so its only maybe), Veeman, Rotiform, Stuttgart, JR wheels..

12 minutes ago, Anth1s said:

Yep, I am considering in the following weeks this Maxton set on my RS (hatch, white).
Also, next month I will get new wheels, not yet decided which brand and style..... this is so hard :(
Considering Concaver (premium and expensive so its only maybe), Veeman, Rotiform, Stuttgart, JR wheels..

Nice! Be sure to share some pics 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Nice rims. :thumbup:

Dare I ask how much?

I had a quick look on their website at these in 19x8 (they are 20's in the pics) and they were €400 each 😳

10 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

I had a quick look on their website at these in 19x8 (they are 20's in the pics) and they were €400 each 😳

Ah I see!

I'm guessing that these aren't yours then - the foreign fuel station did make me wonder!

9 hours ago, john999boy said:

Ah I see!

I'm guessing that these aren't yours then - the foreign fuel station did make me wonder!

Oh noooo, these are marketing pics from the respective companies 👍🏼 I haven't even taken delivery of mine yet, so will be 4 years waiting for the warranty to expire before I can do anything like this and by then I'll probably be too old to care 🤣

2 hours ago, Shelvock said:

Oh noooo, these are marketing pics from the respective companies 👍🏼 I haven't even taken delivery of mine yet, so will be 4 years waiting for the warranty to expire before I can do anything like this and by then I'll probably be too old to care 🤣

Warranty to expire? Why? Will fitting new wheels, splitters and skirts void your warranty?

31 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Warranty to expire? Why? Will fitting new wheels, splitters and skirts void your warranty?

You get mixed answers to that one, but I for sure wouldn't want to give them any cause to void your warranty. I dar say of you had a gearbox fault and had changed the wheels they would use that to get out of it. I'm going to ask the dealership what their views are when I pick mine up.

1 hour ago, Shelvock said:

You get mixed answers to that one, but I for sure wouldn't want to give them any cause to void your warranty. I dar say of you had a gearbox fault and had changed the wheels they would use that to get out of it. I'm going to ask the dealership what their views are when I pick mine up.

If wheels are certified for the exact car, there shouldn't be any problems with the warranty.

Ok so i just ordered full set of Maxton design. 

not sure if I will buy wheels this year as I would need to lower my car a bit, and as i have DCC - lowering would cost me ~2000+good wheels and new tyres, so we reach around 4000-4500euros, so i might just wait for the next season. Maybe more affordable suspension kits will become available 😅

regarding Maxton - i will post pics when it will arrive. Very curious how it will look in stock wheels haha. It should  be decent. 

Edited by Anth1s

40 minutes ago, Anth1s said:

Ok so i just ordered full set of Maxton design. 

not sure if I will buy wheels this year as I would need to lower my car a bit, and as i have DCC - lowering would cost me ~2000+good wheels and new tyres, so we reach around 4000-4500euros, so i might just wait for the next season. Maybe more affordable suspension kits will become available 😅

regarding Maxton - i will post pics when it will arrive. Very curious how it will look in stock wheels haha. It should  be decent. 

Great! How long before it arrives? Be interesting to see how it all looks. 👍🏼

Due to laws solidified by the Insurance Act 2015 its impossible in the UK for an insurer to refuse a claim on a manufacturers part just because of a modified other part, unless that part could have directly caused its failure.

That said,  I prefer the original wheels thanks. 

11 hours ago, Skodev said:

Great! How long before it arrives? Be interesting to see how it all looks. 👍🏼

They said it will take 3-4 weeks to deliver. Yeah I am interested too, not so many pictures online to see how it might look 😅