Skoda vRS seat options

Greetings

Does anyone know if the vRS will soon be offered with leather or Alcantara seats?

About to confirm my order but would prefer the above over the standard.

Test drove the vRS with fabric seats and it was very comfy.

Just wondering about durability and if they could handle daily wear and tear. 

I do alot of hikes and sometimes get a bit wet from the rain, covered in mud and worried about ruining the seats.

Thank you all

I've got a neoprene seat cover I just throw over the seat when I'm a bit damp. I think they'll be fine. Leather will no doubt become an option eventually but who knows when with the current climate. 

• Love it! 1

I’ve seen suggestions on the Octavia owners Facebook group that the leather/alcantara seats with electric adjustment seen on the continent will be offered in the UK soon.

hope it’s the case, the seat colour and the quality of the fabric is stopping me from ordering a mk4 atm.

On 14/03/2021 at 09:45, Jmagee said:

I've got a neoprene seat cover I just throw over the seat when I'm a bit damp. I think they'll be fine. Leather will no doubt become an option eventually but who knows when with the current climate. 

What seat cover do you have bud? I'm looking to get one for when I get my vRS and can't seem to find anything that looks decent on Amazon or eBay? Cheers

Cloth only seats is a big issue for me. I have 2 young kids and being able to wipe down both the back seats plus their feet marks on the back of the front seats from my MK3 leather is great. The idea of buying a 30k car and having to put covers everywhere seems crazy and not one I'd entertain.

Hopefully a leather option or half leather at least is coming soon, or the MK4 vrs is off the cards for my next car in the next 3-6 months.

Hmm you guys in UK only get cloth seats ?

I got my RS (not in UK) with Alcantara leather, fully electronic and with extention for the legs and massage option. But I have to mention that they cost 2100 euros extra

10 minutes ago, Anth1s said:

Hmm you guys in UK only get cloth seats ?

I got my RS (not in UK) with Alcantara leather, fully electronic and with extention for the legs and massage option. But I have to mention that they cost 2100 euros extra

Here in Latvia, we have same, we can get alcantara for 1800eur, that being said i ordered memory cloth seats for 800.

• Love it! 1

8 hours ago, Shelvock said:

What seat cover do you have bud? I'm looking to get one for when I get my vRS and can't seem to find anything that looks decent on Amazon or eBay? Cheers

It's not car specific. Doesn't look good enough to leave on all the time almost like a seat apron. Does the job when I'm wet after kayaking in summer and can't be bothered getting changed.

If you find anything decent let me know 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ahenners said:

Cloth only seats is a big issue for me. I have 2 young kids and being able to wipe down both the back seats plus their feet marks on the back of the front seats from my MK3 leather is great. The idea of buying a 30k car and having to put covers everywhere seems crazy and not one I'd entertain.

Sure the kids are the reason you want wipe-able back seats 😉

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ahenners said:

Hopefully a leather option or half leather at least is coming soon, or the MK4 vrs is off the cards for my next car in the next 3-6 months.

Not sure how wipeable alcantara is to be honest, as I think a fair bit of the “leather” seats config is alcantara, but you know what you need, so ignore me if you’ve already factored that in. 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

Not sure how wipeable alcantara is to be honest, as I think a fair bit of the “leather” seats config is alcantara, but you know what you need, so ignore me if you’ve already factored that in. 👍🏼

It's less of an issue because it's virtually all leather (or fake leather) everywhere (seat backs, rear centre seat base/armrest etc) apart from the centre bit which you sit on. The kids are still young enough to be in car seats so the non easy wipe bits are covered whilst the bits they touch or spill on wipe down like new in seconds. 

2 hours ago, Jmagee said:

Sure the kids are the reason you want wipe-able back seats 😉

LOL. I could only wish...:D

• Cheeky 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates / intel on this?

The part leather / alcantara seats offered in Europe would be my preference...

also noticed sun blinds in rear doors and fold down ‘sleep rests’ on rear headrests available in other markets...

7 hours ago, SnoopstaVRS said:

Still no news. Really can't understand why they are not offered

In the UK a new brochure has been issued dated 1st April 2021

Electric or leather seats are not in there, and brochure is likely to be the current specs for 2-4 months, so looks like no plans in next few weeks to introduce it.

But you can order all season tyres now as an option !

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/43543ebe-b876-4be5-9692-5aa8d68b302b

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

In the UK a new brochure has been issued dated 1st April 2021

Electric or leather seats are not in there, and brochure is likely to be the current specs for 2-4 months, so looks like no plans in next few weeks to introduce it.

But you can order all season tyres now as an option !

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/43543ebe-b876-4be5-9692-5aa8d68b302b

Not seat related, so apologies, but the wording in that brochure re the Electric Boot Lid says “Estate models include Electrically operated luggage compartment cover” Anyone have any idea what that is? 

38 minutes ago, Skodev said:

Not seat related, so apologies, but the wording in that brochure re the Electric Boot Lid says “Estate models include Electrically operated luggage compartment cover” Anyone have any idea what that is? 

A parcel shelf? Or whatever the estate slidey one is called. My partner gets annoyed with it and leaves it open, but I think it's fine 

37 minutes ago, Aarond said:

A parcel shelf? Or whatever the estate slidey one is called. My partner gets annoyed with it and leaves it open, but I think it's fine 

I had a manual slider one on my Octy 3 estate. 
I’ve got an electric retractable one on my current 5 series touring, which “lifts” the cover up when the boot lid is opened and drops it back down when the boot lid closes, so just wondered if it was similar to that, but haven’t seen anything “electric” on any of the review videos I’ve seen so far? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

And not vRS related so apologies. How come the first edition models are still in that brochure given that you haven't been able to order one for ages? The configurator has neither available now.

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

The cover rolls back to the first position when the boot is opened. There's an option to have it enabled or not. 

2 hours ago, jjm_vrs said:

The cover rolls back to the first position when the boot is opened. There's an option to have it enabled or not. 

Ah cheers pal. I did wonder because my Mk3 definitely didn’t have anything electrical relating to the load cover, so wondered what had changed. 
when you say there’s an option to have it enabled, what do you mean? Is it configurable in the car settings menus? 

9 hours ago, Skodev said:

Ah cheers pal. I did wonder because my Mk3 definitely didn’t have anything electrical relating to the load cover, so wondered what had changed. 
when you say there’s an option to have it enabled, what do you mean? Is it configurable in the car settings menus? 

It is yes, can't remember exactly where though. 

18 minutes ago, jjm_vrs said:

It is yes, can't remember exactly where though. 

Thanks. I’m still waiting for my car so will do some digging in advance of its arrival. That’s a new piece of functionality that I wasn’t expecting. 👍🏼