Skoda Brake calipers Colours Poll

GAFF

What Colour Brake calipers would you like Skoda to stick with ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Colour Brake calipers would you like Skoda to stick with ?

As already mentioned I think it's a cost cut in line with VAG group. There was a recent article in Auto Express that said that VW had insisted that Skoda make significant cost cuts as they were the most expensive cars to build & were not meeting their profit targets, within the group. Some how I can't see that being the case, when the Czech republic has one of the lowest labour & startup rates Europe.

My brother in law (who lives in Greece) then told me that a Greek motoring magazine had run an article stating that VW "felt that the Skoda brands identity was confusing within the groups structure" & that there was a lot of "annoyance from VW bosses that Skoda were encroaching on their traditional customers". The article apparently went on to state that there was also some unhappyness that the new Roomster had to have its own floorplan (this has also been in auto express). Perhaps we are about to see a restructuring or there will be even fore common parts turning up?

Same mag had also done a back to back test GTI, vRS & Cupra (all with TFSI) and the Skoda had out performed the lot in every aspect on the test track! Perhaps thats why Skoda won't be allowed to have Green calipers!!

I just makes you wonder, If Seat = Sporting, VW = Family & Audi = Premium, then where does Skoda fit? Perhaps is should fit in the Shrewd Buyers tag!:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I painted mine red only because I thought the green was too common on skoda. But I guess it would be nice to offer you a choice of 4 colours when you buy a new car, I mean ou get to choose everything else from noew so why not add one more. Red, green blue, black, yellow or silver say.....

Saw a 2007 my yellow Ocatvia Rs with the red calipers in a Mlada boleslav Cz dealers last week in my opinion the red colouring is a backward step when seen in the flesh. Ther yellow is also very yellow :eek: . I asked a Skoda CZ HQ offical the reason he said it was because red is seen as a sporting colour :rolleyes: . Photo attached

9993.attach

My new Octy's waiting at the dealer - it's got red calipers. At first, I was a bit disappointed (liked the green), but quite like them now - they're far more visible than the green. Now, I just have to sort out my money and insurance, and I can go pick it up!

• 2 weeks later...
Red Callipers? Mine has Green, Do you know if it will def have red or is it just what you had heard as I was expecting the colour coded handles too but dun have them, but hey still a damn good car.

Defo got the coded handles so 07 MY so expecting the red calipres, will post pics when it gets picket up, 6 days and counting:rofl:

Disappointed by the change to red for the Octy vRS. It's a bit 'me-too' whereas Skoda has always been a bit different. Besides the green was Skoda's racing colour. Think the red loses the car a bit of it's character personally.

:thumbdwn:

I like the green as it is different to every other manufacturer who nearly all use red at least we stand out a little more as being original. Blue is probably the next best option.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that on a couple of Octy 2's at Trax the '56 plate Octy had Red calipers and the 06' Octy 2 had green ones, IMO the red just doesn't look right and it's a VW thing, not a Skoda thing.

Skoda = Green IMHO!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...