Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?

I have the FILTRON K1048 but i can not say that i am happy because it's doesn't does not fit properly.

I added a metal screen to stop for example leafs getting into the system but i want to make a modification.

I have seen the 1.6 plastic cover with much better filter inside.

a8e0336s-1920.jpg

1444538s-960.jpg

As i have seen it here

https://www.drive2.ru/l/5960773/

but i have a question: my filter case on the right side has the Bosch motor 0390721002 attached,can i make a modification so i will have a much better cabin filter than the foam?

Does anyone have done something similar? or someone has an idea how to a apply a better quality cabin filter inside the factory case?

One I posted has slot for filter behind evaporator, but this one is so crammed, that I'm not sure if there's any space for filter at all... One you have posted is variant for heating without AC, which is entirely different..

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Yes i have but it's not look like the above photo

here is my engine bay:

IMG_20200104_094254.jpg

That the one I have also 

Does it fit a filter 

1 hour ago, Papez said:

One you have posted is variant for heating without AC, which is entirely different..

The second photo is both ac and heating 

3 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

IMG_20200104_094254.jpg

I also have the same box and even if there is enough space for filter I don't see any way of  disassembling in parts like the one in the first post because there aren't any metal clips. I think the best way would be to put something like this:
9e9b842s-960.jpg.791910419a004e3e6b2f320290b71451.jpg
If anyone knows how to disassemblе the filter box I would try fitting the filter from the first post:)

Edited by Raychev05

The only problem with the air intake filter for the ventilation and heating system is to use the correct filter for the right car OR to understand how to fit it.

8 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

If anyone knows how to disassemblе the filter box I would try fitting the filter from the first post:)

Wait a minute, you are not the one that complained about not being able to fit the filter. What has the filter in the first post anything to do with you?

7 hours ago, RicardoM said:

Wait a minute, you are not the one that complained about not being able to fit the filter. What has the filter in the first post anything to do with you?

I just liked the theme. 

I was trying to say that if someone has any idea I will also try putting filter with or without modification on the filter box. 

20 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

9e9b842s-960.jpg.791910419a004e3e6b2f320290b71451.jpg

I already have the FILTRON K1048 installed but i don't thing is enough

I would like to have a better filter like this:

https://a.allegroimg.com/s1024/0c4aac/e19a649d445e87c9c5c94b17c484

It's the K 1100, i envy this guy:

http://www.motofan.pl/tutorials/jak-zamontowac-filtr-kabinowy-w-skoda-felicia

but i don't know if this modification can be done.

On 25/03/2021 at 07:10, Raychev05 said:

I was trying to say that if someone has any idea I will also try putting filter with or without modification on the filter box. 

The manufacturer clearly specifies the specific type/model of car for their filters. Furthermore, they have an installation manual for each filter. You can't put it wrong if you know what you're doing.

K1048 is only for Skoda Favorit and Skoda Felicia on carburetor.

K1100 is for the rest of Skoda Felicia.

K1048.jpg

K1100.jpg

@RicardoM I apologize for not being very clear. The thing that I don't understand is how to disassemble this filter box in order to fit the filter: 

On 24/03/2021 at 10:53, D.FYLAKTOS said:

IMG_20200104_094254.jpg

Because it is absolutely diffrent from that one in your post.

I can not compromise with the idea that after few drops of rain i must breath air which passed from that foam

That's why i am looking for something ''better'' if i can do the modification.

I have a problem especially the Spring with pollen,dust from road etc and since i am not a young any more i am starting to have some difficult times with that ''simple" K 1048.

maxresdefault.jpg

I envy the other car owners with cabin filters.

1 hour ago, Raychev05 said:

@RicardoM I apologize for not being very clear. The thing that I don't understand is how to disassemble this filter box in order to fit the filter: 

It is just a matter of removing 9 or 16 metallic clips. Be very careful. They have the bad habit of flying and disappear.

280635917.jpg

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

It is just a matter of removing 9 or 16 metallic clips. Be very careful. They have the bad habit of flying and disappear.

That is what I meant by absolutely different. 

Look at D.FYLAKTOS' car in my previous post. The filter box and the fan for the AC are one piece and I think there are no metal clips like in your photo. There must be way to take that filter box in parts but I haven't tryed yet and I don't see how to do it. 

25 minutes ago, Raychev05 said:

Look at D.FYLAKTOS' car in my previous post. The filter box and the fan for the AC are one piece and I think there are no metal clips like in your photo.

Does your car has air conditioning?

If yes, the A/C fan/blower is identical with the one in his car? Show us a photo of the engine bay of your car. I really insist on that.

Because the original A/C unit for Felicia doesn't look like that.

Edited by RicardoM

9 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

The filter box and the fan for the AC are one piece and I think there are no metal clips like in your photo. There must be way to take that filter box in parts but I haven't tryed yet and I don't see how to do it. 

He have the almost same and i haven't see any metal clips yet as in the previous photo,things are not so easy.

You can remove the whole cover after you take out the strut brace but it's a lot of work.

Here is an older photo of my Felicia engine.

After all these years i can not compromise with the idea that we haven't a cabin filter and only a foam.

There must be a way for a modification.

P9010709.JPG

I am not familiar with that kind of A/C housing unit. No documentation that I have shows that is a Felicia factory setup for A/C.

Are you the first owner of the car?

On the other hand, only one cabin filter was fitted on Felicia. The carbon foam type (like on a gas cooker hood) OR the plastic one with gills. Two cabin filters are only on Felicia with carburetor. They are a combination of Favorit and Felicia.

Edited by RicardoM

I bought my Trusty with A/C (i have 2 buttons in the panel with signs) and two front electrical windows installed, there was anther Edition with ABS-airbags but i didn't had the money at that time.

Latter a mechanic informed me that this has been done by the local official Skoda dealer.

I have the K 1048 foam and i made an extra metal screen as cover for the leaves,small flowers etc.

Removing the foam there is a stenosis that's why i can put my hand inside or know what is deeper.

Down in the plastic cover there is a square cap (where the arrow points) which can be removed easily,i don't know if it's for cleaning the tunnel and i don't know if i can make a patent there.

First of all it's for healthy reasons.

P9010709.thumb.JPG.fe80100240bc40b17b39b1fad298f1a2.JPG

My dad(who owns the car I write about) is not the first owner. He bought it with glx equipment with front and rear fog lights, central locking, AC and power steering, no abs or airbag. And it has the same buttons on the dashboard as D.FYLAKTOS says and here is a photo:IMG_20210328_184002.thumb.jpg.528e14e39f7b53b2db45842b4d4522b8.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

My dad(who owns the car I write about) is not the first owner. He bought it with glx equipment with front and rear fog lights, central locking, AC and power steering, no abs or airbag. And it has the same buttons on the dashboard as D.FYLAKTOS says.

Yes, we have the same car.

101819000.png

I don't know if it possible to insert something before the Evaporator till the air reaches the flaps.

http://i.imgur.com/0U69hnj.jpg

OK. So far we have established that a new factory A/C unit exists on Felicia GLX after 1998. As this is not documented anywhere, I guess that only a Czech / Slovak citizen can shed some light. @Papez ?

In this Czech forum topic they talk about two types of A/C but sadly with no photos and with no usable info.

Greece, 4T car magazine August 1998, comparison of Skoda Felicia GLX with Daewoo Lanos

The car is new with Athens license plates.

https://www.4troxoi.gr/4tlibrary/article.php?year=1998&month=8&issue=42&cat=Συγκριτικές δοκιμές&number=308

I translate from the text:

However, both the Czechs and the Koreans did not avoid ergonomic errors, as well as in our two test cars the switches for power windows are lowered between the front seats...In addition to electric windows the two "low budget" models of our test, to use a test English term, they have the other electrical facilities, as well as air conditioning systems, for as long as the offers last...Assisted steering, however, is standard.....and in both the safety equipment (airbags, ABS) is charged extra (in Lanos it is available airbag for driver only). However, the light alloy wheels you had are also standard in Felica our test car.

In Greece the GLXi edition had ABS and airbags, all the other were similar to GLX, the local dealer could turn a GLX to GLXi at any time (adding ABS and airbags) but the extra cost was too big.

Unfortunately NO cabin filter except that lousy carbon foam.