Superb III design flaws

You may be right. But when you turn up to the show room you do not ask for the "less buggy" one. I've got whatever the car has been equipped with; advertised as a newer, better etc. VAG simply put on the market half baked product. Nothing else

Having driven Skodas for 9 years out of the last 12 the only one above that bugs me is the water pools either side of the tailgate, where the water collects dirt collects - the car stands on the drive slightly nose down so it is my fault.

- Heated mirror switch - never bothered me and I have also run two Passats so have had it for 17 years.  It tends to get left on that setting, no one else drives the car.

- buggy software.... it isn't buggy as a bug is a defect.  It just doesn't do what you want it to do but it does do what the designer wanted it to do.  If you want bugs try an Audi, VAG try all the new stuff out on Audi drivers and have most of the bugs sorted out by the time it reaches Skoda.

If you don't like the screen interface then look at a Saab 9-3, there seemed to be hundreds of buttons.  They even recognised this because there was a button that turned the lighting of in about 90% of the buttons.

Hi IJWS15

Buggy software.... "it isn't buggy as a bug is a defect.  It just doesn't do what you want it to.... ". Well, yes you are right if it comes to semantics. Lets call it semi-functioning software. Don't get me wrong, I like the car and I have 2 Skodas; I have serious sentiments if it comes to Czech Republic too, BUT comparing to other brand just because the other is worse in certain aspects isn't the way I look at things. If my company delivers crap service I do not celebrate this as  "not as bad as the other one" but I work on improvements.

And yes, before you bite my head off - I would go for Saab but market voted it off so I am dealing with whatever is available and within my financial reach.

Naturally everything is subjective. 

Regards

Greg

It's about UX research and best practices combined with  tightly integrated customer feedback loop. Looks like this was sub-par on mib3. The bright side is that less physical buttons and more virtual buttons means that there's more scope for these things to be addressed as software updates.. 

• Like 1

Only issue I have, not sure you would xall it a bug however.

I have the analogue dials and when it’s sunny/bright, I cannot see the cream speed numbers on the silver dial ring.

ive got around it by making the maxi dot show the speed.

On 27/03/2021 at 10:54, unclerichy said:

I never had a problem with my trims until the dealer unnecessarily applied the fix a couple of years ago. Now the leading edge (just behind the door mirrors) pops out about 5mm now and again.

If it ain't broke take it to your dealer... It'll soon be broken.

the only thing i would take to the dealer is a baseball bat:D

On 27/03/2021 at 00:40, freelunch said:

"FOC. Warranty Repair – Confirmed OSF & OSR upper door trims loose after previous repair, confirmed relevant TPI followed, replaced OSF & OSR rubber door seals, checked window and door operations, retested, all OK."

This has been a recurring problem for the four years I've owned the car. The last time I pressed the trim back into place, I decided, next time I would get the silicone glue out and sort it out myself. Hasn't popped up since. I guess it just needed a good threatening...

This window trim is the only design fault that I have come across with this otherwise quite excellent car.

Girlie question: did you use the glue between the silver trim and rubber seal? the silver door trim on my car keeps popping out. It looks like the rim has moved and the end catches on rear door trim. My trustee garage has talked of removing trim and seal and resitting it and gluing back into place - at least 2 hours labour. I’m worried about this in case rubber stretches during procedure and I end up with cost of new seals. Any advice gratefully received.

E1757A21-C926-4AA9-8FFD-C9B0BBBC9BF5.jpeg

F3DD7C2A-BCAF-4D30-952F-33BA7E1DC16E.jpeg

2 hours ago, MASH13 said:

... did you use the glue between the silver trim and rubber seal? 

No, I haven't had to resort to that, yet. I don't have the rubber seal sliding out of position like you do. Only the trim shifts, I suppose from expansion/contraction with temperature changes.

I'm guessing your car is out of warranty, so you'd have to rely on your dealer doing a "good will" repair, as it has been a documented problem. Can't hurt to ask. Škoda repaired mine for free last time, but they had previous repairs for my car on their system. 

Gluing into place would prevent heat expansion, which might lead to buckling? Like I say, it would be a last resort. It would only be a dab on the end, rather than gluing the whole strip.

• Like 1

Electric seat won’t stay in lowest position and repositions ever so slightly higher every time you turn the car off. Using the memory set at minimum doesn’t fix it either.  I rub my head on the ceiling every time I get in!  A very minor gripe though :-).   Still a great car.