Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2021 at 17:09, Cotswold said:

Two things I would love to deactivate but cannot. FIrst, as you say is Lane Assist. Works great on the motorway, but on narrow B-roads, it 'bounces' from left to right in the narrow lane. You need at least 3 button presses to turn it off on every journey.

Other is the anti-hijack central locking that locks as soon as you drive off. As I don't live in South Africa or Mexico, I don't need it and this is the first car on which I cannot turn it off!

Still love the Enyaq though.

I feel your pain. I have a few pet hates with my Enyaq, but Lane Assist is the biggie. It has tried to throw me into oncoming traffic on narrow/wet/dirty roads a couple of times, wanted to steer me into a concrete barrier on M6 narrow lane roadworks (I'd swear it could "see" the original tarred out lane markings and decided they were the ones it wanted to obey) and I really hate it. 

I note from the driver's manual that the system won't work if the front-facing camera can't get a clear view of the road markings, which is fine, so long as it doesn't start imagining road markings in the wrong place. If only this could be added to the favourites bar, like Auto-hold can (previous biggest hate was trying to park the thing while it jumped like a kangaroo) my life would be happy. 

56 minutes ago, FrankBear said:

I feel your pain. I have a few pet hates with my Enyaq, but Lane Assist is the biggie. It has tried to throw me into oncoming traffic on narrow/wet/dirty roads a couple of times, wanted to steer me into a concrete barrier on M6 narrow lane roadworks (I'd swear it could "see" the original tarred out lane markings and decided they were the ones it wanted to obey) and I really hate it. 

I note from the driver's manual that the system won't work if the front-facing camera can't get a clear view of the road markings, which is fine, so long as it doesn't start imagining road markings in the wrong place. If only this could be added to the favourites bar, like Auto-hold can (previous biggest hate was trying to park the thing while it jumped like a kangaroo) my life would be happy. 

Add auto hold to the home screen that way its easy to switch off when manoeuvring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankBear said:

Yes, it can 'see' markings which have been temporarily painted out. In contraflows it has seen the old markings and started to steer incorrectly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone that ordered in October or after had any update about their order? Mine apparently still hasn't been accepted by the factory or so I'm told. Apparently main Skoda sales told the dealer they'll accept in Jan and give me a delivery date but still waiting. Was estimated a March 31st delivery but for that it would surely need to get a build date by the end of this month right?

46 minutes ago, AvRS said:

Has anyone that ordered in October or after had any update about their order? Mine apparently still hasn't been accepted by the factory or so I'm told. Apparently main Skoda sales told the dealer they'll accept in Jan and give me a delivery date but still waiting. Was estimated a March 31st delivery but for that it would surely need to get a build date by the end of this month right?

Hi, ordered an 80 on October 10th, was told 19 weeks but recently expected delays from the Christmas shutdown and chip shortage.  I've still not been given a build week though so no ETA for me.  Hoping we'll get some good news through soon.

I ordered end of oct, only added the family package and sun roof and exactly no news on it no even a date for it’s starting to be built. I now have my finance company writing to remind me the last car finance is coming to an end, so need to make some calls to try to find out when delivery might happen….

Thanks both, we ordered October 14th with similar 19 week lead time. Will check in tomorrow as sales guy is off today and see if he can find anything more out. Glad it's not just me waiting from October.

Ordered an Enyaq 60 on 7th October through MotorFinity Leasing.  I asked about an update in mid-January and got this reply:

Whilst we have placed the order through a dealer, the dealer is waiting for Skoda to confirm the order on the new Enyaq models.

Once the factory confirms the order, it will move to status 10 – which means we wait on a build week.  Once we are two weeks from this planned build we would expect your car to move to confirmed build, status 20.  At this point we know exactly the week your car will be built.  This information will filter through from Skoda.

Status 40 is confirmation we have your car in the UK and at this point we will be given a ETA to the dealer, usually 7-10 days eta.

Once on site we can confirm, book delivery with yourself.

Whilst the above may seem vague the processes usually move through and happen in time for April, I am not worried at this stage on the ETA.

• 2 weeks later...

So I made the decision to cancel my Enyaq order yesterday as it had been 6 months and still hadn’t been accepted at the factory and was looking likely it would be after September it would arrive. Good luck with those holding on waiting it out 

4 hours ago, Ljel14 said:

So I made the decision to cancel my Enyaq order yesterday as it had been 6 months and still hadn’t been accepted at the factory and was looking likely it would be after September it would arrive. Good luck with those holding on waiting it out 

Frustrating isn't it. What are you going for now or have you given up on new cars for the time being?

Irish customer here.

Ordered an Enyaq SportLine 80 (with quite a lot of extras) in early Nov and just heard that it has been allocated a build week of 10 so it should be built during the week commencing 07 March. Hopefully the car will be with me by mid-April

3 hours ago, dubincalling said:

Irish customer here.

Ordered an Enyaq SportLine 80 (with quite a lot of extras) in early Nov and just heard that it has been allocated a build week of 10 so it should be built during the week commencing 07 March. Hopefully the car will be with me by mid-April

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should prepare for disappointment. I got an email from my dealer (also in Dublin) that physical production  started on my Enyaq on the 4th of February, after being pushed back about 6 weeks from the original build date in December. It hasn’t progressed at all from that point. Almost 3 weeks in, my car is still in production. If they manage to stick to your build date I reckon you’ll be very lucky to have it by mid-April.

• Like 1

I ordered my Race Blue Enyaq Loft with a few extras September 17th 21. As of the 1st Feb (last update) I still had no build date at all. 

If I recall correctly it has been accepted by the factory, Have explained that I need it for a holiday in June but Dealer is VERY skeptical as to whether it would arrive in time, but that will be 9 MONTHS after ordering it . 

So I queried the update I had and have been told my order hasn't even been accepted and is in a queue.  Also my garage hasn't had an Enyaq delivered in a while plus it's the model with the worst delay!  I'm doubting I'll get it before summer.

My husband and I are somewhat resigned to the wait - we can’t really throw away the deposit by cancelling and I can’t see that any other car is going to come any faster if we order now…..spoils the excitement of a brand new car though 😞 

on the plus side if it comes on the other side of the summer maybe I can get it on the 1st sept when the new number plates come

out in the uk (I think that’s still the date for new regs?)

21 hours ago, Robrad30 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should prepare for disappointment. I got an email from my dealer (also in Dublin) that physical production  started on my Enyaq on the 4th of February, after being pushed back about 6 weeks from the original build date in December. It hasn’t progressed at all from that point. Almost 3 weeks in, my car is still in production. If they manage to stick to your build date I reckon you’ll be very lucky to have it by mid-April.

Will adjust my expectations also. Had you many extras on your order?

11 hours ago, Mloc said:

Will adjust my expectations also. Had you many extras on your order?

Yeah, we’ve an iV 60 on order with most packs either in plus or standard, so we’ve quite a few extras on there. I did get an email from my dealer yesterday. He said they had movement on a large number of Kodiaqs that were also delayed so that he’s hopeful that might signal some movement might be coming down the line. I’m not so sure though. 

2 hours ago, Robrad30 said:

Yeah, we’ve an iV 60 on order with most packs either in plus or standard, so we’ve quite a few extras on there. I did get an email from my dealer yesterday. He said they had movement on a large number of Kodiaqs that were also delayed so that he’s hopeful that might signal some movement might be coming down the line. I’m not so sure though. 

Hopefully (for me) the 6-7 week shut down in Nov/Dec led to your initial 6 week delay. I was fine with a July delivery until I heard a build week had been assigned already.

Edited by Mloc