2021 VRS TDI - Sound actuator and profile memory

@zetzet Oh thats unfortunate... But thank you for this info, it saved me from dissapoitment later on. But I have in mind, that in sport I would like to have something around 10-20% in sport,  so in normal, if would be half its ok for me too. Thanks a lot.

• 3 months later...
On 02/04/2021 at 09:31, ItalianJob said:

i thought UK cars didn't get the daft sound actuator thingy?? Mine doesn't (Jan 21 car), but it does have a heated steering wheel.

mine has and it is driving me crazy,the son thinks it sounds great.it has to go.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2021 Octavia VRS and I just don't know how I've put up with the sound actuator for the last two years. I approached the dealer on the last service and they basically refused to entertain the idea of turning it off, which i can kind of understand as non standard etc. They pointed me towards the web and here I am.

Thanks to everyone for a great forum. I've been using individual mode for a while with the sound off but this is basically useless if want to switch between normal and sport. It takes ages fiddling about changing the settings and not recommended while you are driving:-) The dealer suggested using Eco but who wants to drive a VRS in Eco!

Like someone else pointed out on the thread, disconnecting from the bulk head seemed a bit invasive. Thanks to JirikH and Zetet for suggesting ODB11. I Purchased my device direct from their site and now turned it off. I had to open the bonnet to save the value so that's worth noting. If using Android you just need the white device plus 10 credits as most of the app settings just need 10. One other tip that i missed - add the device and credits to your basket and wait a little while as usually they will send you an email with a discount code.

I just don't understand why Skoda have gone this way with the newer models. It would of made more sense with an 'Off' option in the menu or purely have it in sport mode, albeit at a lower level (it's ridiculously loud in this mode). Or...allow two or more indivudual modes. As mentioned in the threads, the ODB11 app allows you to lower the sound if you don't want to turn it off completely.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

1 minute ago, zorglub said:

but agree with what said before, this fake sound should be on only in sport mode

Why? What if I want to be on all the time? 

What they should do is make it customizable for each mode or at least an easy way to turn it off. 

9 hours ago, Stewpots said:

I have a 2021 Octavia VRS and I just don't know how I've put up with the sound actuator for the last two years. I approached the dealer on the last service and they basically refused to entertain the idea of turning it off, which i can kind of understand as non standard etc. They pointed me towards the web and here I am.

Thanks to everyone for a great forum. I've been using individual mode for a while with the sound off but this is basically useless if want to switch between normal and sport. It takes ages fiddling about changing the settings and not recommended while you are driving:-) The dealer suggested using Eco but who wants to drive a VRS in Eco!

Like someone else pointed out on the thread, disconnecting from the bulk head seemed a bit invasive. Thanks to JirikH and Zetet for suggesting ODB11. I Purchased my device direct from their site and now turned it off. I had to open the bonnet to save the value so that's worth noting. If using Android you just need the white device plus 10 credits as most of the app settings just need 10. One other tip that i missed - add the device and credits to your basket and wait a little while as usually they will send you an email with a discount code.

I just don't understand why Skoda have gone this way with the newer models. It would of made more sense with an 'Off' option in the menu or purely have it in sport mode, albeit at a lower level (it's ridiculously loud in this mode). Or...allow two or more indivudual modes. As mentioned in the threads, the ODB11 app allows you to lower the sound if you don't want to turn it off completely.

I’m also driven mad by this effing noise. My solution has been (so far) the same as yours re individual mode. I actually avoid sports mode as I can’t stand the noise, and have individual mode set to be Normal (but no noise).

but I’d love to turn it off permanently so do you have any links to what you bought and instructions please that a non expert would be able to follow?

I really love the car but it would be so much better with a master on/off switch so that those who like the noise can enjoy it and others who don’t want the noise on can avoid it whatever mode they drive in

• Like 1

i got my vrs late july last year,it goes great BUT the noise is driving me crasy,is there any easy way to turn it down or off?or take it to the dealers and ask them to turn it down or off when it goes in for service later this year?

i got my vrs late july last year and everything is great apart from thw BLOODY NOISE that it makes when putting you foot down a bit.is there no easy way to turn it down or off? am not clued up on tech side of things ,so aany simple answers will do.or have got to take it to tbhe dealer to get it done,any advice will do.please no hight tech stuff.many thanks

On 20/01/2023 at 10:15, FatWolfie said:

I’m also driven mad by this effing noise. My solution has been (so far) the same as yours re individual mode. I actually avoid sports mode as I can’t stand the noise, and have individual mode set to be Normal (but no noise).

but I’d love to turn it off permanently so do you have any links to what you bought and instructions please that a non expert would be able to follow?

I really love the car but it would be so much better with a master on/off switch so that those who like the noise can enjoy it and others who don’t want the noise on can avoid it whatever mode they drive in

Just go to the obdeleven site and buy the white device if you have android https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device-0725423005103.html or the nextgen device if you have Apple https://obdeleven.com/en/home/187-stand-alone-0758277987851.html

You will need to buy 10 credits as well in order to disable/lower the sound for the actuator. The instructions are good on the site and they have a live chat option as well. Once the device arrives, download OBeleven VAG from the google play store or apple equivalent, plug the device in and connect via bluetooth. It's an impressive app and no, i don't work for them:-)

• Thanks 1

Just go to the obdeleven site and buy the white device if you have android https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device-0725423005103.html or the nextgen device if you have Apple https://obdeleven.com/en/home/187-stand-alone-0758277987851.html

You will need to buy 10 credits as well in order to disable/lower the sound for the actuator. The instructions are good on the site and they have a live chat option as well. Once the device arrives, download OBeleven VAG from the google play store or apple equivalent, plug the device in and connect via bluetooth. It's an impressive app and no, i don't work for them:-)

How much are the credits mate, do you need to buy credits for using everything on this? 

23 hours ago, Blueallblueno9 said:

How much are the credits mate, do you need to buy credits for using everything on this? 

You will use up 10 credits to disable/change the sound level for the actuator. Most of the other one click apps that activate/disable various features require 10 but some 50. At the moment it's £1.79 for 10 or £15.88 for 100.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have obd for 3 years and it is a necessary device. in addition to coding, you can also read the settings of the engine. sound settings are best at 20%. all other settings are artificial. you have a topic about coding here. so find it and read it

So today with the help of another forum member, I now have a sound actuator turned down to zero.

link to post as to how it was done using ODIS attached https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/510736-how-to-switch-off-fake-engine-sound-using-odis/

It really has, for me, transformed the car into a much more pleasant place to be

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...