Fabia '3' with manual rear windows?

hi all,

I'm going to view a car tomorrow to replace my horrible awful Audi, it's a 59 plate Fabia 3 105 estate. It has a couple of issues advertised (I guess I'll see in person what they're like) but seems a good straight motor; decent service history, cambelt in date, good bodywork. 

The only thing that's given me pause for thought is that the rear windows are manual - I'm sure that in my last Fabia (a 3) it had electric rear windows. Could this just be something that someone specified when buying it new from the factory?  It seems odd...

Otherwise it has all the trappings of a '3' - maxidot computer, cruise control, black velour style seats...

If anyone can enlighten me / put my mind at rest I'd be most grateful! 

Yes this is correct, electric rear windows were not standard fitting on most models other than top of the range  or ordered when buying the car from new, my MK3 has led lights panoramic roof glass  and rear camera and 17 inch alloys  which  were fitted to the car as it was an ex demo model but not standard fitting for the model which was an SE L 

ahh lovely, thank you, so I don't need to worry that it's been chopped and changed then.

is there somewhere you can find all this stuff out or is it just what you've picked up as you've gone along sort of thing?

hero! thanks very much

I've just HPI checked it and it's had 5 previous keepers....not necessarily a nail in the coffin but I am going to be giving it a very good look at. Garage round the corner have said they'll give it a once-over for me

Be very carefull if relying on a HPI check to tell you a cars history. If you search Dodgy Cars on FB there are some quite unbelievable issues found with cars, where HPI reports show no issues/clear.

You will find a 09 year Mk2 brochure attached in the post which specifies standard equipment on the various models:-

brochure_fabia Jan09.pdf

Edited by KeithCheetham
Brochure added

Tbh I'd rather have manual wind windows . We've had no end of agg with the electric windows in our Megane.

Quite happy our Fabia has windy windows in back.

Car Analytics will give you a free run down of it's MOT history.

3 hours ago, Cheapas said:

Tbh I'd rather have manual wind windows . We've had no end of agg with the electric windows in our Megane.

Quite happy our Fabia has windy windows in back.

Car Analytics will give you a free run down of it's MOT history.

Yeah I've had a good read up of its MOTs on the gov.uk site, there's nothing worrying there apart from general wear and tear

No wiring is not in place.........

Items needed :-

rear door trims (no windy hole)

rear door electric window regulators

rear door electric window motors

rear door wiring looms

drivers door wiring loom

front door 4 way switch

front door switch housing

wire of various lengths / cross section

plug terminals

Part numbers will be specific to model year of vehicle.

Just hypothersising, and given your extensive list and cost, would it be possible to buy 2 doors from a breakers with electric windows fitted, obviously in your cars colour, and just swap your doors ? 

Obviously you've got the skills to do what you've done but someone like myself lower down the skills set looking for an easier route, would it be feasible?

If you bought 2 doors in that way, then yes that would cover a lot of parts regarding the rear doors as an assembly...........

You would however, still need to replace the drivers door loom (for one that controls 4 windows) and fit the 4 way switch and then finally the wiring of the +12v supply, LIN bus and illumination feeds to both B pillar connections to power the rear windows.

VCDS "maybe" needed to code the BCM as well.