AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish: I Honestly Think I've Lost the Plot...

AnnoyingPentium

6 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Looking well for its age, only thing I would do is get some mudguards. Even the universal moulded ones are fine. Imagine it might be a bit hard to get original mudguards for a mk1 these days.

Thank you, it's a low mileage car that's probably been garage stored originally so I reckon that's what prevents it from looking like a right shed. That's on my to-do list actually. Can get the whole set of originals for £45 on the 'bay. 

6 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Otherwise I'd save up over winter and get some new shocks/springs in it

That's also part of the plan too. I reckon I need an excuse to justify it to myself however, so if there's a broken coil coming up for the MOT then you'll know why. :D

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Additional Information.
  • Like 1

It was overdue a wash. Was lying on the ground to put some screws back into the doors after taking the cards off and the whole car was filthy from the ground up and gave me some motivation to sort the thing out. Click to the last page for a decent before, and have some afters. :)

20211023_110827.thumb.jpg.4a8ec8a99cc2a64bcaadaca3ba40786b.jpg

20211023_110623.thumb.jpg.39ab33a37ae27e57e3a2b6ebb24cab2b.jpg

All done with the power washer and some "general purpose" car soap. It keeps it looking clean, which is all I wanted. 

And the award for the most thread updates goes to...

ANYWAY, I was able to go to the Ayr Market today which had reopened and managed to get an older Alpine head unit which was iPod compatible for the grand total of 15 smackeroonies (£15). It has been fitted and the little area below the head unit has had a hole drilled into it so I could run the iPod cable through for my 5th Generation iPod. The stereo also can take CDs with CD text, which was a nice touch. :)

20211024_155920.thumb.jpg.116e3b9c7c74999d08a263acd128c110.jpg

The song playing was Shine by The Space Brothers. It's bass heavy enough to give the new speakers a run for their money.

@DieselMonte will be chuffed to know that I bit the bullet and bought a set of mud flaps for the front and back.

I just wrestled them onto the car. Word of warning for anyone about to attempt this, take the rear wheels off! :D

I bought OEM from a seller on eBay who is doing them for £45 for the lot. The pictures aren't stellar but I was drowning in WD40 as was my phone as a result. 

20211025_123751.thumb.jpg.31b269e56132c5c456039a13f4ffa125.jpg

20211025_131610.thumb.jpg.533f3a1465cbef861cea967c1e933dea.jpg

20211025_140913.thumb.jpg.1e1a0e31b27e4814e5144df28d7d7d2c.jpg

Added photographs.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

I think they just finish off the look nicely.

Thanks! Certainly smarten it up quite a bit. I often question what's in store for it next, but your guess is as good as mine! :D

• Like 1

Your car looks great. I picked up my little golden nugget a few weeks ago. It's an 06 with 54k I former keeper. Just bought a VRS leather steering wheel for it and a new set of wheel trims. It's only a 1.2 54bhp but fun to drive as can rev the heck out of it 😁

20211007_183558.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Piescoffer said:

Your car looks great. I picked up my little golden nugget a few weeks ago. It's an 06 with 54k I former keeper. Just bought a VRS leather steering wheel for it and a new set of wheel trims. It's only a 1.2 54bhp but fun to drive as can rev the heck out of it 😁

Thank you! Yours is a nice looking one! Similar mileage to mine too. I'd recommend making a project thread, just like @DieselMonte says, as it's a great bit to document where your car is progressing.

15 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Thank you! Yours is a nice looking one! Similar mileage to mine too. I'd recommend making a project thread, just like @DieselMonte says, as it's a great bit to document where your car is progressing.

Yeah I might do that 😁 sadly I broke the wiring loom of the new wheel and I now need to buy a new one. Was a bit clumsy releasing the airbag and trying to find the part number for it as the old one is different. The air bag connector sprung apart 😏

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Piescoffer said:

sadly I broke the wiring loom of the new wheel and I now need to buy a new one. Was a bit clumsy releasing the airbag and trying to find the part number for it as the old one is different. The air bag connector sprung apart 😏

Good luck with sorting it out!

• Thanks 1

vRS alloys go well on any mk1.

25 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

20211028_185325.thumb.jpg.653c7a82d57b9ed05015f28eeba463ea.jpg

Jesus that is low miles. My mk1 has 196k miles on it and my mk2 has 106+k miles.

At that point i'd be worrying more about stuff perishing from age rather than wearing out from mileage/use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

At that point i'd be worrying more about stuff perishing from age rather than wearing out from mileage/use.

I am, everything OEM is dying off.

5 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

My mk1 has 196k miles on it

Just run in. :D

7 minutes ago, Piescoffer said:

I saw a 1.2 for sale this week for £795 I thought that's a bargain then saw it had done 260k miles 🤣

Saw one at 200k going for £1,500 since it was LPG converted. I know car prices are up but Jesus!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a 2012 polo come up for sale for 9000 euros, 1.2 petrol and has a few marks on it. And its a northern reg so would cost maybe 1500-2000 euro to import.

Saw a 2012 1.2l petrol golf match up for 9999 euro, you think englands bad look up irish cars for sale.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DieselMonte said:

Saw a 2012 polo come up for sale for 9000 euros, 1.2 petrol and has a few marks on it. And its a northern reg so would cost maybe 1500-2000 euro to import.

Saw a 2012 1.2l petrol golf match up for 9999 euro, you think englands bad look up irish cars for sale.

That's crazy! 10k for a 10 year old car, I just sold a 2016 Fabia estate 1.6 diesel DSG with 50k for £10k

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

That's painful. Someone appears to be snapping up Flamenco Red diesel Fab's across the country as I'm having bother looking for a Flamenco Red TDI Bohemia... :giggle:

Just now, Piescoffer said:

That's crazy! 10k for a 10 year old car, I just sold a 2016 Fabia estate 1.6 diesel DSG with 50k for £10k

It's unreal what some motors are going for. Can get a cheap Fabia SDI estate for less than a grand however.

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Maybe I should start driving cars over to Ireland to sell 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

My heart nearly went looking at those prices... :D

• Like 1