AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish: I Honestly Think I've Lost the Plot...

AnnoyingPentium

On 11/02/2022 at 16:15, AnnoyingPentium said:

Box won't be going in until the spline bit arrives at Halfords on Wednesday. Oh well, plenty to do before then. :)

What size spline bit did you order, Ryan? The size is M10 XZN.

• Like 1

Just now, TMB said:

What size spline bit did you order, Ryan? The size is M10 XZN.

The guy in Halfords tried one on the seat bolt and it fit so that's the one he's ordering in for me. The staff are actually quite friendly at the one in Ayr. :)

• Like 1

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

The guy in Halfords tried one on the seat bolt and it fit so that's the one he's ordering in for me. The staff are actually quite friendly at the one in Ayr. :)

Ah, that's cool :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Auld Ayr, wha'm nae a toon surpasses,

Fur honest men and bonnie lasses,...

The heart of Burns country, it's a bloody pain.

I'm from Mauchline originally so you'll probably get how much I was drowned in Burnsian lark. :D

4 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

The heart of Burns country, it's a bloody pain.

I'm from Mauchline originally so you'll probably get how much I was drowned in Burnsian lark. :D

Not a lot better here, with the mandatory primary 7 Burns "competition". If we'd been allowed to learn about him properly, instead of having certain works be force fed to us. I mean, I "learnt" "Tae a Moose" well enough to "enter" said "competition" by virtue of being 23rd name on the register.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Not a lot better here, with the mandatory primary 7 Burns "competition". If we'd been allowed to learn about him properly, instead of having certain works be force fed to us. I mean, I "learnt" "Tae a Moose" well enough to "enter" said "competition" by virtue of being 23rd name on the register.

Aye, it was the same here, but all through each primary year group. I was always quite high on the register, having Bartolo as a surname. :D

5 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

MOT is at 08:30 tomorrow... don't think I've ever been more terrified for anything else in my life. :ph34r:

Good luck, mate :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I'd wish you luck, but it may be too late now.

It's at the testing bit at the moment. I'm sitting in the house wearing a hole through the carpet walking back and forth so many times. :D

• Like 1

Thanks Pete! There's only one thing I can really see it failing on, being the front console bushes. Not to worry since I've had the replacement PSB ones bought since last year and I'll just say to the garage to fit them whilst it's there. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 1

Just now, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Fuel consumption should improve when the filter leak is fixed. [silver lining smiley]

That's what I'm thinking. I did say to myself that the petrol must have been coming out of it quicker than I could put it in at 28MPG. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Have you changed the filter recently? Very unusual for one to spontaneously start leaking, I think?

Nope. I've never replaced it and I don't know if the original owner did, as there wasn't a lot of paperwork with the car. For all I know it could be the original!

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Shame it failed, Ryan, but it's not too bad and can easily be put right :)

Shouldn't be too much. Told the mechanic just to start replacing bits and retest. He didn't say when I'd get it back, but I reckon it'll be today or tomorrow. Or he'll phone right before he closes, knowing him. :giggle:

Until then I'm walking everywhere. :rofl: