AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish: I Honestly Think I've Lost the Plot...

AnnoyingPentium

On 05/09/2023 at 21:33, skomaz said:

That's what your knees are for...   One each side of the wheel once you've lifted it onto the hub leaves two hands free for other stuff 😁

Shins to hold the wheel, knees and ankle joints to raise it.

40 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Sell it at a 'kind' price to a local friend Ryan, get them to put you on their policy as a named driver, then just borrow it whenever needed. That way they pay all the bills, you get to use it. :D

That's what I'm doing with the Focus! :D

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only 26,600 miles on the Vectra according to the MOT history, or has it been round the clock?

Also, like the way the last three letters of the registration are three letters in ANnoying PentiuM 😁

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TMB said:

Only 26,600 miles on the Vectra according to the MOT history, or has it been round the clock?

Also, like the way the last three letters of the registration are three letters in ANnoying PentiuM 😁

Looks to be the first time around!

Aye, personalised plate and didn't even mean it! 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Fabia is going for a track rod replacement tomorrow. Not nervous about that, but in case they find some more ****ed things due to my escapades with ditches and suchlike.

My aim for the coming (February) MOT, is to have it pass first time. Clutching at straws a bit, as I've never had a first time pass with this one! :D

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Technically didn't fail on the handbrake!

Technically the offside rear parking brake might be working excessively well, and providing a high level of support and encouragement to the aspirations of the OSR Service brake 👍

Did you explain to 'em that you'd had the hole at the rear of the exhaust moved up front?

G

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Fix it or move it on?

Mechanic is confident he can have it sorted for not too much, so keep it until the test runs out again.

If it had been a bit more terminal I'd have went and bought myself another. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I appear to have forgotten to make a post, but this is still here. Lying about as the second car as the Vectra is picking up most of my mileage as the 'family' car.

20230515_145548.thumb.jpg.b53dee36bb5b725828e631127aa749f6.jpg

Purchased 6th of March 2021. Which means I've had it three years now. 89k miles now, and plodding along slowly (very slowly) but surely.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

New front tyres on this one today.

Falken Sincera or something. My usual tyre fitters are getting worse... don't think I'll be using them again unless I want argued with, belittled, or listening to my car being revved off its limiter. :sadsmile:

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

• 2 weeks later...