VW Fox.How rubbish can VW get?

lozgti

Is there not going to be a cheaper - more basic - Skoda / Seat version of this car at some point?

I remember reading in AutoCar about a small 3 door Skoda based on the Lupo being planned - this was about 3 years ago though, and seeing as it was in AutoCar probably wasn't true... ;)

Rob.

Didn't want to re post in my thread but what is the point of a cheapo VW when they have the skoda /seat arms?

They are trying to undercut their very own 'cheaper' brands.I thought VW prided itself on'it costs a bit more but its a bit nicer than Seat and Skoda'.

Well this ugly duckling looks out of place.At least a Lupo looked like a solid VW

but VW don't have a proper value supermini. They are probably putting it up against the aygo/c1 etc. for some people they wiould prefer the fox. i'ts all about choice.

The rover citycar is actually a tata indicar :)

My indian ex said you could pcik one up there and have it shipped here for less than rover wanted for it too.

do you lot no think it looks like the rover city (rubbish)????

me flate m8 has got one for a courtesy car and its horrid... i mean real horrid

Just on looks I'd rather have the Lupo than the Fox.

I was looking at the new Eos on VW's site the other day, that looks pretty nice if it wasn't for the fact i need something abit more practical I'd be very tempted.

I think its time to get SWIMBO some driving lessons.. :D

Some Motability customers bought a 1007 over the Fox the other day, so quite frankly IT MUST BE BAD!

Seeing as the 1007 looks just like one of those old blue disabled cars except with 1 extra wheel, what do you expect?

I think our view of it... being car "enthusiasts" is a bit slanted.

all the cheap-tiny cars are aimed for people who will use it once a week to go shopping.. ie car is a facility only, rather than a status symbol.

fair enuff the Fox may be a bland car, but VW still has the "quality image" associated with it, which will be a major pluspoint for getting punters in.. wether its true or not in this day and age is irrelevent, its all about brand perception...

based on MY perception.. the only two id *consider* is the VW and the Toyota.

i would NEVER buy a pug or citroen (sorry emily)

im pretty sure other people on here will have the same views.;)

but anyway.. im perfectly happy with my 12grand diesel supermini :rofl: (thats almost DOUBLE the price)

Is there not going to be a cheaper - more basic - Skoda / Seat version of this car at some point?

It's funny you should say that. Talking with our local dealer the other day (Whilst helping Mum & Dad buy a 55 plate Octavia 2). There is a 'mystery model' on the horizon. Skoda have not yet confirmed which sector it's in. New Fabia, Yeti and Superb 2 are already confirmed, so presumably it's not one of those sectors.

Does this mean it could well be a Skoda 'Fox'? Can't remember when it was due out though.