4 bike carrier and kids bike seat advice

Aspman

Afternoon,

We're looking at getting a new carrier for the car. I have roof bars and thule bike carriers but only for 3.

My new car doesn't have roof rails and tbh I'd need a cherry picker to put them on top of the Ranger Rover.

It does have a tow bar so I'd like to get a new 4 bike carrier for that. Are there any recommendations?

Also the wee one is now old enough to go in a bike seat. Any suggestions. I've seen various arguments about having them in front or behind and tbh they all look the same to me.

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciste that as well.

TIA

I have the Thule 3 bike version with 7 pin connection. Had it for a good few years and never had any issues. Seems very sturdy, and the rear lights are bright and clearly visible. I’ve no experience of the 4 bike version, but if it’s as good as this one I have, I’d be more than happy with it. 
can’t help with the seat query though. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

thread revival..

can you get a boot mounted bike carrier without a towball? donkey 2 doesnt have a hitch but i equally dont really want a roof rack jobby...

well, i did some googling last night and found a guy selling a peruzzo 3 bike new cruiser for 20quid about a mile from my front door. itll do the job for now, given the price of the Thule ones and the farthest ill carrying the bike for the next while will be 10miles. so unless its wrecked it shoukd be fine.

hes only selling as someone got him a roof mounted rack as a present. 

hed also cut the price from 30 to 20 only 2 days ago :D

• Like 2