Thule WingBar Evo with 775 feets?

Jokkmokk

Hi,

I'm looking for a couple of roof bars for my Yeti. Right now I'm leaning towards the Thule WingBar Evo 127 (in black) with the Thule Rapid System 775 as feets.

Does anyone have this setup on their Yeti? It would be awsome if someone could perhaps post a photo on how these looks on the Yeti.
I like (I think) the look of the bars and the feet but I'm not sure how far out the bars will go on the sides and what that will look like?

Cheers

Edited by Jokkmokk
Typo

Whatever bars you settle for remember to make sure the slot underneath has a sealing strip, or the wind roar will really P*** you off.

@gumdrop @Dale_Stevens Haha... confused I am... 🐸

Do you mean on the WingBars them self or the bars attached to the car?

Haven't seen anything resembling a sealing strip while looking around and boy have I looked around...  

The WingBar Evo looks like this underneath, do you mean the two “gaps” that runs down the bar?

70E3B6C1-4047-445A-9B4C-2D11C03FCF69.jpeg

Edited by Jokkmokk
Added picture

Some bars (bars go across the car, the ones attached to your car and run along it's length are rails) have a channel running down the top of them so you can slide a T-bolt down it which is used to attach things like roof boxes, bike carriers etc. The rubber strip pulls out, you slide the T-bolt along and then cut the rubber strip and fill in the gaps so that wind doesn't whistle inside the channel.

342770_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.thumb.jpg.245189366f62feeccd8d07b3e385f21b.jpg

Random Google image of a typical roof bar...

90444943_bmwoembar.jpg.1c801a48c2138b7b9661aa672ce7d65f.jpg

Edited by Dale_Stevens

2 hours ago, Jokkmokk said:

@gumdrop @Dale_Stevens Haha... confused I am... 🐸

Do you mean on the WingBars them self or the bars attached to the car?

Haven't seen anything resembling a sealing strip while looking around and boy have I looked around...  

The WingBar Evo looks like this underneath, do you mean the two “gaps” that runs down the bar?

70E3B6C1-4047-445A-9B4C-2D11C03FCF69.jpeg

Yes thats the gap, this can run right across the bars on some makes, so whatever make you decide on watch the gap.

Ah, okey now I understand. And yes, of course I will make sure to put the rubber strips in. Besides from reducing  annoying whistle sounds they have I purpose of adding friction and protection when loading things directly on the bars. 

The only thing I really need now is some photos of a Yeti with these mounted... 😅

Another option is the Thule Wingbar Edge 9583 on the same 775 feet. Looks like these bars fit within the roof rails as opposed to hanging over the edge of them. Looks neater but gives less bar space for attaching things to..

ba456f485a6f8f84d6248c1e68a323fa-jpg_5559.jpg.e830f24f34384b1716fdeb67d40aa19b.jpg

The Wingbar evo (latest variation,) has two sealing strips ... so the "T" mount slides between them, and you never remove or require to cut the rubber strips .... big improvement over the non "evo" versions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Another option is the Thule Wingbar Edge 9583 on the same 775 feet. Looks like these bars fit within the roof rails as opposed to hanging over the edge of them. Looks neater but gives less bar space for attaching things to..

ba456f485a6f8f84d6248c1e68a323fa-jpg_5559.jpg.e830f24f34384b1716fdeb67d40aa19b.jpg

Hm, are you sure these are the same feet? This is what the setup looks like with WingBar and the 775 feet.

F146C3A0-A3B4-4C63-A18E-69B0BF9B143E.jpeg

Just now, Jokkmokk said:

Hm, are you sure these are the same feet? This is what the setup looks like with WingBar and the 775 feet.

No, I can't say for sure, its just what I found when I was researching roof bars a few months ago. Perhaps they are different feet? I'd probably go with the Wingbar Evo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TruckbusUK said:

The Wingbar evo (latest variation,) has two sealing strips ... so the "T" mount slides between them, and you never remove or require to cut the rubber strips .... big improvement over the non "evo" versions.

Are you using or have used these on a Yeti? Curious on how much wider they are from the rails.

1 minute ago, Dale_Stevens said:

No, I can't say for sure, its just what I found when I was researching roof bars a few months ago. Perhaps they are different feet? I'd probably go with the Wingbar Evo

Yeah, I like the aero design from lots of perspectives. Also the look when the bars sticks out a bit (though not to much), to me it gives a more rugged and adventures look. The flush roof bar things doesn’t play as good together with the Yeti in my opinion. But then again, if the bars will stick out a good 10cm from the rails, that isn’t either... 

10 hours ago, Jokkmokk said:

Are you using or have used these on a Yeti? Curious on how much wider they are from the rails.

Hi, no, on the Yeti I have 127cm Aero bars, and they don't stick out further than the top of the doors ... about 100mm each side from the feet.

The Wingbar Evos, are on our BMW, and are longer (135CM) bars, so cant move them over to let you see. 

24 minutes ago, TruckbusUK said:

Hi, no, on the Yeti I have 127cm Aero bars, and they don't stick out further than the top of the doors ... about 100mm each side from the feet.

The Wingbar Evos, are on our BMW, and are longer (135CM) bars, so cant move them over to let you see. 

Hm, but the WingBar Evo I have been looking at are 127cm so I guess that would be the same. Around 100mm you say, was hoping for less... 

So, I've just ordered a package of Thule WingBar Evo 127 in black with Thule Rapid System 775. Will post a photo of the mounted bars when they arrive. :biggrin:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jokkmokk said:

Hm, but the WingBar Evo I have been looking at are 127cm so I guess that would be the same. Around 100mm you say, was hoping for less... 

100mm, was best guess, but my wife always says I exaggerate :worried:

• Haha 1

Agree, I have a set of load stop from the "old" square black bars .... real pity they cant be used with the "T" nut system bars ... :sadsmile: 

Anyone know if the bars I've just posted above have any wind noise? I imagine the WIngbar Evo are quiet, but I do like to use load stops so might go with the rounder shaped bars.

Mounted and ready! 👏

Hm, that’s a real shame! When do you find them useful, in what situations? Shouldn’t a good fastening with “ropes” (don’t know the English word) do?

Anyway, making your own load stop out of wood should be to hard with the T-bolt setup when I think about it. Perhaps not pretty but hey, paint it black and no one would even think about it. 😏

B0C96C7F-98C5-43EF-8763-64102FB27DDF.jpeg

C5180BB4-5DC1-42B8-8F6A-113007FBF14D.jpeg

Edited by Jokkmokk
Added info
  • Like 1

Actually, a couple of consoles and wing nuts should do the trick? Perhaps a bit of adjustment to the console but should work, or am I to optimistic? 😏

Shorten the ends to a desired length on both sides and perhaps drill two holes for the t-bolt, slam on wing nuts to fasten. 😅

506C688C-34FB-4FE0-BA7C-1A4ACCB09722.jpeg