Skoda facelift DSG - any problems

Hi all,

Am looking to buy a facelift 1.5 dsg. Had a test drive and loved it. Really responsive and seemingly pretty quick.

Are there any common issues with DSG or model at all. I am steering clear of the manual to avoid any of the 'kangerooing' issues.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Hi, no issues Im aware of. Had mine for 3 years and no problems, and had same box on previous Octavia and Golf estate. Only gripe is last week had the gearbox oil changed (every 4 years I think on service) and cost was £215 on top of regular service. Part of this (£141£) is the kit comprising 4 ltrs of oil and a filter and O ring. But its still a good gearbox so have to cough up and look happy. I'd go for the car 

• Confused 2

No problems with the gearbox on my car either, nice smooth fast gear changing and if you are thinking about a DSG get the paddles on the steering wheel column as it makes manual changing for a quick overtake of a dawdler a breeze.

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

I've had five DQ200's (7 speed dry clutch)and four of those required warranty work. The last one a Mk3 Octavia had £5500 worth of warranty work on the DSG. But I've just bought another and it will be covered by warranty. I wouldn't have one without. 

I've also had three DQ250 (6 speed wet clutch) DSG's and yes you need a service every 40k miles on these but over 200k miles and not a single issue.

• Like 2

@themanwithnoaim Your DQ200 was one that was part of the Service Campaign which is kind of important to remember.  Great it was problem free.  There were more than just a few that had issues as @logicleehad.  Then there wer DQ200,s fitted to 1.5tsi that again required software updates that VW/ Skoda eventually gave in to carrying out.  The greatest amount will be honkey dory, but buyers should be aware of the possible issues 

On the DQ200,

I've driven it with 1.0TSi, 1.2TSi, 1,4TSi, 1.5TSi, and 1.6TDi.  With small cars and larger cars.

Some are better suited than others but I think they really nailed the mapping on the 1.0TSi 110/115PS versions. Just seems to gel perfectly. 

My O3 (2013) with the 1.8 180 with DQ200 now has 185000km and the DSG has always been flawless. I had before a Fabia RS (2010) 1.4 tsi 180 dsg7 and the DQ200 also performed nicely (sold at 125000km).

Just have the oils changed regularly (like a DSG6).

• Like 1