Best Bulbs

I still have the standard bulbs in my 2010 1.6TDI so am after something a lot better, i am not after changing any electrics, adding a generator, fitting a nuclear power-pack..... just the best bulbs i can get to fit in where the old ones will be taken out. Thanks

If it's Halogen then Twenty20 or osram nightbreaker laser seem to get good reviews.

I've got Twenty20 Daylight +150 H7 in my fabia rs they are £22.99 (pair) from ABD.co.uk

Where a lot better than the standard Halogen bulbs more light on the road and the hotspot is more were you need it be but can't give you a full review to winter and the very dark nights 👍

If it's H7s, these are much better value for money at under £6/pair than the usual quick-wearing, overpriced and under-performing 150%+ / 200%+ lot. More light and much better longevity. Plus it is still possible to make them even brighter without much penalty or effort, especially on newer cars (VCDS voltage adjustment).  Downside is you have to wait a while before they arrive.

• Like 1

I use these

https://www.powerbulbs.com/store/category/philips-xtreme-extreme-vision-car-headlight-bulbs

BUT and it is VERY important, irrespective of what bulbs you use, having the headlights set correctly is most important and makes a HUGE difference..............NOTE setting correctly is NOT the same as passing an MOT.

• Like 1

I've had good experience with OSRAM's Nightbreaker bulbs for halogen, and recently replaced the D1S xenon/HID bulbs in my Superb with OSRAM Xenarc and am very happy with the result.

If you have xenons, even bulbs that still emit light can need replacing as the electrodes degrade over time, reducing performance. These are the 'working' bulbs I took out of my car a few months ago: IMG_20210203_211532.thumb.jpg.7d2b51698603ee299492a3e12ef3c7b9.jpgIMG_20210203_211559.thumb.jpg.e72d7390b2da37cc3caa747adb8c3c39.jpg

I have Osram nightbreaker next gen 150% from a Amazon £19.45 pair for low beam. 

For high beam ADB H7 OSRAM Cool Blue Boost 12V 80W 477 Halogen Bulbs (Pair). These are Off-road bulbs and would not recommend for low beam, I find ideal on country roads where on coming traffic is not often, remember to revert low beam earlier.

Edited by Kenrw8