CAYC remaps

Any experiences please, advise, warnings etc concerning remaps for the 1.6tdi CAYC engine which is in various outputs up to 105hp (?) in several VAG models, that can be placed all on one thread. 

The engine isn't VAG's best effort, there are known injector issues and the car is affected by the 'fix' and the 'hunting idle' problem etc - have these issues been cured, or made worse by remaps? 

Is an OBD generic remap possible, or is 'open heart' surgery required on the ECU?

• 2 weeks later...

The car of my daughter is a Touran 1.6Tdi CAYB (90PS). After the famous factory (dieselgate) remap, the car was unmanageable and showed a X-mas tree on the dash. A remap on dynamometer resulted in 158PS (156BHP). Now it is a marvelous to drive

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed answer (my English is not that good, so I had to read the quote several times).

We received 3 times an official letter and went to the dealer. Before the "emissions fix", they´ve made the annual service and then a flow device was installed. They loaded the new SW (6938) and it went wrong. "Sorry it is not our fault, but the car was mistreated before" ???? After a few weeks with an undriveable car we went to a respectable chiptuner who loaded the same "new Emissions Fix" SW (6938) in to the ECU and removed the "Flow Device". On the rolls for power measurement (92PS), half an hour later back on the rolls and 20 minutes "laptop play", with a nice result: 158PS !

Edited by Erreesse
  • Like 1

158ps is surely squeezing the most out of the stock turbo/injectors right?

Remap on mine has made it a much nicer car to drive, lot less effort to get up to speed and passing people is a lot less difficult. Been averaging 56~ mpg since too which I can't complain about.

As I wrote, it is all stock. The remapper told me the CAY-engines (75/90/105/...) are basically the same. The problem is under 120ps the exhaust temperature is not high enough, so with short journeys the DPF can not regenerate and clog.

The remap is done almost 2 years ago, and never an engine problem, no X-mas trees, no stalls. For my daughter (with her 4 kids) its a dream to drive the car (VW Touran 7pl), and..... less fuel consumption, even with wider tires (235/45R17).

• Like 1