Tracking and Alignment

I've got a 2018 VRS without Active Cruise Control and I'd like to get the tracking checked as I think that it's out by a little however Skoda insist diagnostics need to be run and would like to charge me more than £200. Has anyone else had any experience of this and is a good independent tyre place (North Somerset if anyone has recommendations!) going to be more sympathetic here and just adjust the tracking?

Skoda in Preston charged me £75 for a full alignment. You dont need the radar adjusted so they are just trying to get money out of you. I woukd question why they need to run diagnostics.

Edited by Ecomatt

I had a four wheel alignment done at Formula1 at £85. Has made quite a difference as all the wheels needed a tweak. Mine doesn't have ACC either. 

I have got adaptive cruise control and I 'only' paid £115 at my local VW dealer for full alignment and centering the steering wheel as it was over to the left while the car was driving straight.

@SunsetZed
somebody is taking you to the cleaners. The only time a car will need radar alignment is for cars with Active Cruise Control or ACC. They are taking the ****. Find a different dealer. I recommend finding somebody with a Hunter 4 wheel alignment setup WITH THE SKODA ALIGNMENT PROFILES. Skoda UK send out specific profiles for the Hunter System and it means 100% alignment especially for the VRS's which may not align up properly.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Just so that I understand a little more with the Active Cruise Control (as I think dad has that) what exactly do they have to do and would that price have been fair, based on the £115 quoted above it sounds like no (which VW garage was that @simonds3135?

My thinking is that if the tracking was out anyway the alignment would make the ACC more accurate than it is today?!

39 minutes ago, SunsetZed said:

@simonds3135 which VW garage quoted you the £115? Seems I didn't include you properly on the previous message :doh:

Hi SunsetZed. It was Sinclair VW in Neyland, Pembrokeshire. Infact, I've just got off the phone to them now after booking the car in for alignment again as I've just had H&R lowering springs fitted. They quoted "£114 if it's as straight forward as last time I had it done, or it could go as high as £171 if things are more complicated". So yeah, I'd say your quote from Skoda of over £200 is definitely a bit steep!

• Like 1