Fabia Vrs remap

Looking into remapping my 2011 fabia vrs. 

Have found a dealer who uses Celtic Tuning software, has anyone got any experience of using them? 

Power gains quoted to be 200bhp after map. 

Thanks 

Rob 

On 29/05/2021 at 11:26, VRSFABIA2021 said:

Looking into remapping my 2011 fabia vrs. 

Have found a dealer who uses Celtic Tuning software, has anyone got any experience of using them? 

Power gains quoted to be 200bhp after map. 

Thanks 

Rob 

Only company worth looking at are RTMG

Many have remapped some of the 1,800 or so CAVE cars in the UK.  Some with no issues, and some that had, and a REVO remap for a twinchrger was crap.

Actually there were Remaps that were better than the factory software and the engines did OK from that.

Remember that more than 20% CAVE vRS in the UK have had rebuilt or replaced engines and even some replaced engines were replaced as they failed.

So be sure all is good with your engine and DSG now, and do you know if the car still has the original engine fitted, or has a rebuilt one or a replacement, and does it have any upgrades like the 'Oil spray jets',  

also are you sure it has not been remapped already? 

34 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Only company worth looking at are RTMG

3 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Many have remapped some of the 1,800 or so CAVE cars in the UK.  Some with no issues, and some that had, and a REVO remap for a twinchrger was crap.

Actually there were Remaps that were better than the factory software and the engines did OK from that.

Remember that more than 20% CAVE vRS in the UK have had rebuilt or replaced engines and even some replaced engines were replaced as they failed.

So be sure all is good with your engine and DSG now, and do you know if the car still has the original engine fitted, or has a rebuilt one or a replacement, and does it have any upgrades like the 'Oil spray jets',  

also are you sure it has not been remapped already? 

Is there any way of telling? The only receipt I have with regards to any of that is a Dsg gearbox. Nothing with the paperwork with regards to replacement engine. 

It's done 58,000 miles and since having it (4 weeks) I've not had any issues with oil etc. 

I asked the previous owner if he had remapped it, he said it hadn't. 

• Like 1

?

Is it a one previous keeper car, so that the person that sold it to you knows the history and knows for sure it is on a factory map?

?

What has the DSG had done to it, clutches, MCU or both?

?

Have you been looking at members Project Builds of Mk2 vRS in the Fabia section to see what they have done?

Best get whatever record is on the Skoda system for the first 3 years or more if there is a Service & Warranty history as a start.

I would have it on a dyno and seeing what it produces power wise before starting to tune it.

Edited by e-Roottoot

Revo has a blog post on what to look out for before mapping of the 1.4 Twincharger engine.

They also recommend running NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs on stage 1 or stage 2 stage of tunes.

https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/1-4-tsi-twincharger-known-engine-issues-to-be-aware-of/

Here is the copy of the text from the website:-

During development at Revo and through our Global Development Programme, we have come across some issues. These issues have been seen on both the newer generation Euro5 1.4TSI Twincharger engines found in vehicles across the Volkswagen Audi Group. A number of these issues have been addressed by the manufacturer directly. However, it’s not advised that Revo software is installed onto your ECU if your vehicle shows any of issue listed. All issues need to be diagnosed and rectified by a Revo Authorised dealer.

What to look out for

• Misfiring when the vehicle is cold or warming up. A factory update has been issued for this fault.
  • Misfiring due to faulty coil packs. Certain batches of coil packs were recognised as faulty and these would be replaced under warranty by the manufacturer.
  • Misfiring due to faulty plugs. Advised that plugs are replaced.
  • Misfiring due to faulty injectors. There was an injector part number change in early 2010, these newer injectors have a more efficient spray pattern to prevent excessive depositing on the piston crown. Injectors were also changed to solve misfire issue along with a factory software update.
  • Excessive Oil Consumption. Although not officially recognised as an issue, there has been a large number of engines replaced due to excessive oil consumption issues. In some cases, nearly new vehicles have had new piston rings installed by the main dealer.
  • Water Pump Failures
  • Crankshaft bearing play which can lead to bore wear and piston/piston ring damage

Extra Information

There have been numerous cases where completely standard vehicles have suffered from misfires and unburnt fuel in the cylinder has caused bore-wash leading to piston/piston ring damage. This is not a full extensive list of ‘all’ problems related to this engine, just a list of potential issues.

Most vehicles have had issues rectified by the main dealer. The biggest concern is excessive oil consumption as it can indicate underlying issues that could cause much more damage at a future date.

Not all vehicles suffer from these issues however it’s very important to be aware of the issues prior to upgrading the vehicle so you can look out for symptoms of any future potential problems. Any issue seen on a standard vehicle will be accentuated if the vehicle is run at a higher level of performance.

• Like 1

Truth of the matter was that there were the Fundamental Design, Manufacturing and material issues with the CAVE and then the CTHE, and yet the APR stage 1 & stage 2 remaps were just fine and REVO's was just pure crap.

Members here had issues, had issues with the REVO Dealers and with REVO and the threads are now no longer on here because the Members had to take legal advice and proceed that way.

In all the CAVE & CTHE threads like those pinned i posted the link to REVO & the 'warning'.  Then for a while that went AWOL from the websites.

I gave the same warning to not expect a remap to short a faulty engine, and that a REVO map could be very costly.

A Remap did save many an engine from the crap OEM engine management / MAP from the Factory, the one VW Group kept trying to improve with the CAVE several times then after the CTHE was launched.

At one point i had the REVO Stage 1 on a car because a friend was considering becoming a REVO Dealer and he would not believe me how poor their Stage 1 was so i had the APR map in an ECU but the REVO map on another and they were like night and day in the difference.  REVO wrote a crap remap.

There is Part 1 & then Part 2 to read and look at 'Tuning' / Upgrading.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/421365-links-to-lucifers-ultimate-guide-to-14-tsi-twincharger-engines

Back when the CAVE was in the Fabias for 1 year. They had been in the Ibiza from a year before the Fabia.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/206191-remap-for-mk2-vrs

See the last link by @vRSyposted 12th July 2011.

Edited by e-Roottoot

I had thinking about getting a remap for the Fabia. While driving it the other day and thinking how acceleration felt so really smooth and it feels fairly nippy enough so I don't know how well it would drive after a remap with higher boost.

I've always gone for Revo on my cars as I really like my local dealer so can't comment on how Revo compares with other maps. 

I'm toying with the idea of going stage 3 on my car but I will have to find another supplier as Revo doesn't offer a stage 3 tune.

3 minutes ago, AJR77 said:

I had thinking about getting a remap for the Fabia. While driving it the other day and thinking how acceleration felt so really smooth and it feels fairly nippy enough so I don't know how well it would drive after a remap with higher boost.

I've always gone for Revo on my cars as I really like my local dealer so can't comment on how Revo compares with other maps. 

I'm toying with the idea of going stage 3 on my car but I will have to find another supplier as Revo doesn't offer a stage 3 tune.

What does stage 3 even mean?

It doesn't mean ANYTHING, you can't have something for nothing so if your car is basically standard you can have it remapped to increase power over standard.

That's called a remap.

Stage this, phase that, it's all marketing guff, don't buy it, just remap it.

Just now, sepulchrave said:

What does stage 3 even mean?

It doesn't mean ANYTHING, you can't have something for nothing so if your car is basically standard you can have it remapped to increase power over standard.

That's called a remap.

Stage this, phase that, it's all marketing guff, don't buy it, just remap it.

The Fabia is standard but that's my mother's car.

My car is running a Revo Stage 2 Remap, Downpipe, Air intake and intercooler. 

22 hours ago, AJR77 said:

The Fabia is standard but that's my mother's car.

My car is running a Revo Stage 2 Remap, Downpipe, Air intake and intercooler. 

Leave it as is if its your old dears car, If  it was yours I'd strongly advise a RTMG ecu & tcu remap.

• Like 1