Color Selection

Dear all, i would really appreciate your help in selecting the color on the bear :)

I am between Business Grey and Lava blue; considering that i hate visible scratches (especially those spiders coming from car washing etc etc) which of the two colors you consider will show less marks ?

Especially if you own one in those colors i would really appreciate your opinions-help

thanks in advance !

100% Business gray. 

Silver is the best colour for hiding marks, followed by light grey (business grey). 
Darker colours are the worst for hiding marks. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Metallic Greys are good for not showing marks & scratches, but do not scratch your car washing it in the first place. Sometimes you might leave a Grey car longer between washes.

Best get the colour you actually like.

• Like 1

We've got business grey and when looking to buy a few weeks back found it appeared much better and less scratched than the other darker colours on the forecourts.  SWMBO liked petrol blue but having struggled to find the spec we wanted ended up with the grey and in hindsight we're pleased with it.

• Like 1

thank you all for your prompt responces; i would say i also lean towards business grey, 

19 minutes ago, kodi83 said:

thank you all for your prompt responces; i would say i also lean towards business grey, 

If you click on my username the Superb in the photo is Business Grey. 

This was after it had been detailed and ceramic coated though so they don’t all look this good... but it gives you an idea what is achievable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If you click on my username the Superb in the photo is Business Grey. 

This was after it had been detailed and ceramic coated though so they don’t all look this good... but it gives you an idea what is achievable. 

nice sparkling one !

now in superb looks a bit bluish-tinted, and on some web-pictures the business grey looks darker grey; what is the truth with the color in the end ?

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Never noticed a blue tint TBH. 

well you know your car color very well, so you can spot the differences :)

on the other hand i try to compare online pictures e.g with this on the thread ; might be difference in lighting i guess (it's confusing picking a color without having them in front of you :/ )

the best looking while easy to maintain Kodiaq is a white Sportline or RS (black accents contrast beautifully). go bolder than you think you can manage. i found Race Blue too vivid at first. in love with the colour now. unless you own a car wash, the only bad choice is black 

• Like 1

thank you all for your answers, can i ask if you know what differences are in the Kodiaq My20 to My21 ? 

right now they offer me only the My20 (in Greece) cause they are out of stock.. otherwise i will have to wait for the new Kodiaq (ordering after august) 

13 hours ago, kodi83 said:

thank you all for your answers, can i ask if you know what differences are in the Kodiaq My20 to My21 ? 

right now they offer me only the My20 (in Greece) cause they are out of stock.. otherwise i will have to wait for the new Kodiaq (ordering after august) 

MY21 has a new steering-wheel, new infotainment software (MIB3) with wireless Android Auto / Car Play, and 2 USB-C sockets instead of USB-A. You can no longer insert your own SIM card, you need to pay Skoda for a data plan using their integrated SIM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teir said:

MY21 has a new steering-wheel, new infotainment software (MIB3) with wireless Android Auto / Car Play, and 2 USB-C sockets instead of USB-A. You can no longer insert your own SIM card, you need to pay Skoda for a data plan using their integrated SIM.

Thank you Tier, the new steering is something i can live without (even though looks great). The MIB infotainment with the wireless is indeed something useful,. Do you know whether adding it  is possible in the previous MIB version somehow ? 

38 minutes ago, kodi83 said:

Thank you Tier, the new steering is something i can live without (even though looks great). The MIB infotainment with the wireless is indeed something useful,. Do you know whether adding it  is possible in the previous MIB version somehow ? 

You can add wireless Car Play or wireless Android Auto using third party adapters. For Android there is only one available, and there is a wait of several months. I received mine a few weeks ago and it is working well. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Apart from the wireless car play / android auto, I don't think the MIB3 units have any major advantage, and they have several possible disadvantages (depending on point of view), including no SIM slot, SD slots or DVD/CD. There also seem to be several bugs and software issues at the moment, though hopefully those will be addressed over time. 

• Like 1

I have a Kodiaq on order and have went for Quartz grey.  I also agree about the slight blue tint to it in certain light.. Although thought it suited the car as the business grey was just a bit too light for my taste.  I also liked the silver, but don;t think I could choose it from new.. I've had plenty of silver cars in the past though.. I also think the trim depends on colour too.. sportline vs SE L etc... more black vs chrome trims.. 

• Like 2

Have to say you could be right re the trims.  Ours is an SE in business grey and it looks well as it has no chrome pack on the sides so suits but higher specs do have a chrome pack as standard which would suit the darker quartz grey.

And actually in certain lights the business grey does have a slight hint of blue...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skomaz said:

Have to say you could be right re the trims.  Ours is an SE in business grey and it looks well as it has no chrome pack on the sides so suits but higher specs do have a chrome pack as standard which would suit the darker quartz grey.

And actually in certain lights the business grey does have a slight hint of blue...

Yeah, I have a sportline superb in Meteor grey which suits the black trims.. I added the chrome roof rails to the Kodiaq to match the window surround and grill.. and to lift the colour a bit.. In a SE I prob would of left black rails and blacked out the front grill myself.. and went for black.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biggy7 said:

can i tempt you towards Quartz Grey ? :biggrin:

1.thumb.jpg.d8600d273895a776ceea27e51ab5fa0d.jpg

very nice biggy7 , unfortunately i have to decide between business grey and lava blue 

• Love it! 1

On 30/05/2021 at 08:41, kodi83 said:

Dear all, i would really appreciate your help in selecting the color on the bear :)

I am between Business Grey and Lava blue; considering that i hate visible scratches (especially those spiders coming from car washing etc etc) which of the two colors you consider will show less marks ?

Especially if you own one in those colors i would really appreciate your opinions-help

thanks in advance !

I had Lava blue on my Seat it's lovely colour

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StewartM said:

I've just seen the UK Brochure  for the Facelift Model, disappointed to see the restricted choice.   Green and brown deleted.

they have a stunning new addittion, i think it is called graphite grey metalic