Weird noise from a/c superb 3

I cured a similar noise on a Peugeot climate system some years ago by spraying copious amounts of WD40 type lubricant into the air intake (after the filter) and operating all the various control options on the climate control. Whilst the car didn't smell too good for a few hours it did fix the problem.

I'll add that the vehicle was only worth a few hundred ££ and the quote to take the dash out in an attempt to fix it was more than the car was worth - you might think differently with your 2017 vehicle..........

5 minutes ago, Andrea11 said:

And where do u spray it in

Into the air-con pollen filter box (it's behind the glove box - remove filter first) as the air is drawn past it'll carry the lube around the system.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andrea11 said:

The only code for air con is this sensor and also how do I replace that

775C8578-D1DD-4CB2-9F71-EAAEEE5CD287.png

I can't imagine a sensor would be making the creaking noise.........

Just now, Berisford said:

I can't imagine a sensor would be making the creaking noise.........

I know but it’s malfunctioning and I would want to replace it 

Sounds like a sticky / squeaking electric damper / flap in the vent system. Or the damper / flap is scraping the duct - perhaps when it operates going from outside air to recirculated air. Spraying said WD40 or something similar into the ventilation intake might do the trick but is a bit hit & miss. If you can narrow the noise down to a more specific location then applying WD40 or similar might be more effective especially if you can get a long straw to get to the working parts. I suspect a bit of digging & investigation will be needed to expose the offending item.    

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine does this. 2016 model. It is annoying. I popped out the centre vents and the top speaker panel (has no speakers under it in my car) and sprayed a silicone spray which shut it up for a few months. But now it's back. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have the exact same issue on my 2017 skoda superb groaning and creaking ac flaps when changing airflow i have raised the issue with skoda they can have a look unfortunately whole dash has to be removed they were willing to go halves on the cost but no guarantee what they find once said dash is removed its a 4hr job of which i have no doubt i'm assuming 2hrs each way at a cost of £400 said they'd knock it down to £200 but if it is something simple as lubrication i don't want to be coming back in 6 months time with exact same problem i've seen its not just the superb its others too i did receive a years complimentary warranty but it doesn't cover this unfortunately