Stupid Kodiaq question (maybe) dsg Paddle shift Winterpack only?

Going through specification of the new Facelift Kodiaq with the dealer and it appears from the information available

that if you want Flappy Paddles for the DSG then you need to get the Winter Pack? Although i would have thought

if you opt for the DSG Model you will get them automatically. 

I'm looking at SE 2.0tdi 150 4X4 DSG. Standard trim it says it gets the two spoke MF steering but doesn't mention the Paddle shifters.

If you look at the winter pack option it says heated MF steering and exclusively mentions the paddles. 

Can anyone clear this up.

Regards

Mark

DSG models do not normally have the steering wheel paddles as standard. 
According to the latest brochure you need to spec heated steering wheel, which comes as part of a winter pack @ £590 to get the paddles.

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

Thats mad but thanks for the confirmation. I wonder what happens if you spec the winter pack and don't have

the DSG box do you have paddles that are ineffective?

Skoda, and other manufacturers, are going crazy with extra packs these days.

It’s all about screwing down an “attractive” advert price, which is only a base model.

So we’re asked to fork out extra for features that used to be standard.

I refer to the SEL spec that I thought was a pretty good deal compared with latest offerings.

Go look at Build An Enyaq!

I think this may have been true for some time just described in a different way.  Our late 2019 SE L 190 TDI Karoq has flappy paddles by virtue of having the heated steering wheel,  

I remember checking the options at the time and that was one pack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Of course they will 

why of course? I would imagine the heated steering wheel comes with the paddles. It’s says so in the pack contents

9 hours ago, Schtum said:

I think this may have been true for some time just described in a different way.  Our late 2019 SE L 190 TDI Karoq has flappy paddles by virtue of having the heated steering wheel,  

I remember checking the options at the time and that was one pack. 

so to clarify you have a manual gear box but because you specified the winter pack you have flappy paddles which are redundant?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Scribbler said:

why of course? I would imagine the heated steering wheel comes with the paddles. It’s says so in the pack contents

image.thumb.png.95f878a6b4728edd8203d3409d04e7fb.png

Says heated steering with paddles for DSG. I don't really get where you're getting the idea that manual transmission versions get paddles; perhaps they can clarify it by saying DSG-equipped models but again, I don't see anything stating manual vehicles getting steering wheel paddles.

1 hour ago, Scribbler said:

so to clarify you have a manual gear box but because you specified the winter pack you have flappy paddles which are redundant?

Can't get a 190 TDI with the manual gearbox. And seeing that you're looking at ordering a DSG model why does it even matter?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scribbler said:

No.  All 190 TDI Karoqs are DSG 4x4. 

• Like 1

Well that’s academic then, my point is you can buy an SE 150 manual and buy the winter pack. The winter pack small print states that it comes with heated steering with paddles. Unless someone knows different? Just trying to clear up the ambiguity. To clarify I want the dsg with the paddle shift but don’t want the winter pack. It seams insane to me that the paddles are anything remotely to do with winter and therefore can’t comprehend why they would be bundled with this options pack.

Edited by Scribbler

8 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

image.thumb.png.95f878a6b4728edd8203d3409d04e7fb.png

Says heated steering with paddles for DSG. I don't really get where you're getting the idea that manual transmission versions get paddles; perhaps they can clarify it by saying DSG-equipped models but again, I don't see anything stating manual vehicles getting steering wheel paddles.

Can't get a 190 TDI with the manual gearbox. And seeing that you're looking at ordering a DSG model why does it even matter?

so by your logic Škoda must have 3 steering wheels for the rare even someone would spec the winter pack 

and have a manual box? When they could have had two models and worded it differently? 🤔

2 hours ago, Scribbler said:

so by your logic Škoda must have 3 steering wheels for the rare even someone would spec the winter pack 

and have a manual box? When they could have had two models and worded it differently? 🤔

What do you think they used to do when the heated steering wheel and flappy paddles were separate options? It’s not hard. 

Options packs where several options are bundled together aren’t particularly novel or new. 

I can’t believe I’m the only one who thinks this is Lunacy 😂.

Im not against the concept of grouping options I just can’t fathom why gear selection paddles are winter related. 

also no one has definitively confirmed that the paddles are omitted when the winter pack is specced on a vehicle with a manual box. It’s conjecture as far as I can tell. The dealers aren't even sure when I asked them. 

another example of this weird

grouping craziness is that you can spec roller blinds or get the whole family pack which includes them for cheaper! 

Edited by Scribbler
  • Groan 1

5 hours ago, Scribbler said:

Lunacy is you thinking Skoda would put a steering wheel with paddles on a manual gearbox car. It doesn't seem like you've asked Skoda UK - doesn't it make some sense to ask them and not an owners forum? 

According to the parts catalogue - there are four available (at the factory) two spoke steering wheel derivatives: 

• Multifunction (5E3 419 093 AA VKH)
  • Multifunction w/ paddles (5E3 419 093 AB VKH)
  • Multifunction w/ heating (5E3 419 093 AS VKH)
  • Multifunction w/ heating & paddles (5E3 419 093 AT VKH)

I see literally zero reason why Skoda would be doing what you're suggesting. I'm quite happy for you to prove me wrong on this.

17 hours ago, Scribbler said:

Im not against the concept of grouping options I just can’t fathom why gear selection paddles are winter related. 

It is what it is. Move on. Other manufacturers do similar things with option packs. 

I have a Kodiaq 1.5 Tsi DSG SE L on order and looking about online at similar models have just realised that it won't come with paddles, not something I use aa lot, but I do use them currently in my superb.. although that's more for playing with the 2.0T.. might not be the same in the 1.5 :-(

I really miss the paddles from my superb.  Steering wheels with paddles are easy enough to get and install, but 450-ish euros when converted to Australian Pesos makes it just too expensive, so I'll persist with waggling the stick.