Sad sad day!

It’s sad sad day today as I made the decision to say goodbye to my Mk1 Vrs.

A few on here (the oldies) may have seen my car a good few years ago as it’s been in my procession since 1sr September 2005 but due to lack of use and it being stood for the last 4 years, I finally  (reluctantly) to decided to get rid. Mainly due to lack of space and time.

Still in the Skoda fold having purchased a mk3 vrs 230 pfl last year but it’s got nothing on the mk1 and I will try and purchase another one when we move house.

Car hasn’t gone just yet as I will be stripping it as nobody wanted to take a project on.

888ADFEC-793D-4603-A56D-AEFBCFA44EE2.jpeg

• Sad 2

Truly a sad day, I bought mine in 2006 so I can imagin how you must feel. Its mods list is a good one.

I have just put a 28mm Neuspeed on mine. Still to do is the R32 one for the front end.

It looks a really nice "sleeper"  car.

Im interested, what do you think lets your new one down in comparison with the MK1 ??.

What's wrong with it and where did you advertise it?

Be interested to hear more about the comparison with the 230. I have been thinking about replacing mine with something newer (late mk2/early mk3 Octavia) or something non-Skoda.

• Administrators
On 27/06/2021 at 21:19, jaymd said:

It’s sad sad day today as I made the decision to say goodbye to my Mk1 Vrs.

A few on here (the oldies) may have seen my car a good few years ago as it’s been in my procession since 1sr September 2005 but due to lack of use and it being stood for the last 4 years, I finally  (reluctantly) to decided to get rid. Mainly due to lack of space and time.

Still in the Skoda fold having purchased a mk3 vrs 230 pfl last year but it’s got nothing on the mk1 and I will try and purchase another one when we move house.

Car hasn’t gone just yet as I will be stripping it as nobody wanted to take a project on.

This will instantly sell on the FB groups. As for stripping it, you'll end up having a load left over. I've seen a few in the last couple of weeks being sent off the to scrap yard with half the car still intact.

On 29/06/2021 at 09:02, nutters_uclan said:

Is it definitely getting stripped? Does it have significant issues?

No it has been stood for 4 years so brakes is the main problem. By the time I have done brakes service timing belt probably due. Mainly lack of time with family/work and storage space that I made this decision.

Engine has been turned over and runs sweet.

A few parts have been taken off now so no turning back.

23 hours ago, petrolbloke said:

What's wrong with it and where did you advertise it?

Be interested to hear more about the comparison with the 230. I have been thinking about replacing mine with something newer (late mk2/early mk3 Octavia) or something non-Skoda.

Mk3 doesnt have th3 feedback of the mk1 even with dogbone bush and rear arb on the mk3.

21 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

This will instantly sell on the FB groups. As for stripping it, you'll end up having a load left over. I've seen a few in the last couple of weeks being sent off the to scrap yard with half the car still intact.

Yes I have come to that conclusion but too many people wanting it for nothing so selling some parts and them scrapping will get me what I would like from the car.

Already sold my pro race 1.2 wheels with Nankang tyres ,pro race 2 winter rims,ECS clutch and flywheel, forge fmic and some more parts.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, jaymd said:

Yes I have come to that conclusion but too many people wanting it for nothing so selling some parts and them scrapping will get me what I would like from the car.

Already sold my pro race 1.2 wheels with Nankang tyres ,pro race 2 winter rims,ECS clutch and flywheel, forge fmic and some more parts.

All the best, and hope you get the money you're after. :thumbup: