Skoda "All-in-one" Package

GladysFriday

I'm just a tourist from the Octavia forums - but noticed there was talk of the "all-in" packages here.

My Octy vRS hits 4yrs old this November and I'm looking into this potentially.

I kind of like the idea of paying £32/month and know that everything is covered for the next couple of years. I don't know how long I'll keep the car, but I also liked the idea of doing the same in two years time and having manufacturers warranty on a 7/8 year old vehicle!

It looks like there is money to be saved if you get services here, a warranty there, breakdown somewhere else - but can really see the benefit of everything being under the one "Skoda" roof.

• 3 weeks later...

After the Karoq's next service, due shortly, I am hoping to be allowed to transfer from a 2-yr service deal to the 2-yr all in one package.

I have a strong belief in the value of good breakdown cover; don't just think that everything will be alright if you have a reliable, well-maintained car. Our B-max suffered a blow-out a year ago November in the east-bound contra-flow on the M6 north of Coventry - 5pm, rush-hour out of Brum - dark, cold and wet. We limped to the hard-shoulder when it resumed, with HGVs etc hooting up our backside. My wife and I took to the embankment; fortunately, we had breakdown cover and a chap duly arrived and parked his orange-lit truck behind the car and was able to change the wheel for the space-saver.  As a result of this experience, I am very pro-breakdown cover and very anti-smart motorways.

• Like 1

There is no shortage of providers of very good and well priced  Breakdown / recovery services in the UK.     Always worth knowing if your Bank Account has cover for you.  Some have lots of cover with maybe more than one person in a household with an account that gives cover. 

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, 33q said:

The package is now discounted by 20%  

ii will be having a conversation tomorrow with Skoda and or my dealer!!!! Only signed up last month!!!!

Same here.

I was originally on a 2-year service deal when I was able to cancel the DD arrangement after one year in order to move onto the the 'All-in' deal. I wonder if I could simply cancel the current £32 DD and re-apply at the reduced rate. 😒 

16 hours ago, GladysFriday said:

Let us know how you get on! 

I was able to cancel the previous all-in plan after just two dd payments and renew it at the reduced rate. It took a call to my dealer - to check the viability of my idea, a call to Skoda Finance - who was able to cancel the current arrangement and a second call to my dealer - who was able to set-up the new arrangement. It all seems to have gone through very smoothly without a further 'eligibility check' needed on the car.

I'm glad that I made the effort to pursue this and I offer my thanks to 33q for bringing this to our attention. Thank you! 👍

It appears that the offer is only available during November.........

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

Edited by StEdmund
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

I was able to cancel the previous all-in plan after just two dd payments and renew it at the reduced rate. It took a call to my dealer - to check the viability of my idea, a call to Skoda Finance - who was able to cancel the current arrangement and a second call to my dealer - who was able to set-up the new arrangement. It all seems to have gone through very smoothly without a further 'eligibility check' needed on the car.

I'm glad that I made the effort to pursue this and I offer my thanks to 33q for bringing this to our attention. Thank you! 👍

It appears that the offer is only available during November.........

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

Excellent..................I'm still waiting for my call back. At least I have some 'case law'!

I have spoken to VWFS and they have told me that it’s up to the dealer to sort it out as they know how to do it. 

The dealer has still not returned my call. I’m just singing a famous Diana Ross song in my head!

Just cancelled my existing contract with VWFS over the 'phone with no cost. As the last "eligibility check" was in July, the dealer wants to do another one - which seems fair enough. This is booked in for Friday and, all being well, I'll start another contract at the reduced rate then.

I was just sorting my cancellation out when they cut me off at 17.30!

The dealer wants me to find out if I need another "eligibility check" ....... not a problem unless it's a long time to get it booked it in which case I would be without cover.

My dealer wants to do the vehicle check again so booked in for Thursday next week and I will phone VWFS next week. The dealer thought I would have to pay a £25 cancellation fee but not sure if he is correct on that, anyway I will find out when I phone VWFS. When people phoned them what number did you use?

The slight worry is that the car fails the new vehicle check and I have cancelled it before I know the result then i will lose the existing cover. As I have not used the car much since August when it has had the last one it should I guess be worth the risk?

13 minutes ago, MJ1 said:

My dealer wants to do the vehicle check again so booked in for Thursday next week and I will phone VWFS next week. The dealer thought I would have to pay a £25 cancellation fee but not sure if he is correct on that, anyway I will find out when I phone VWFS. When people phoned them what number did you use?

The slight worry is that the car fails the new vehicle check and I have cancelled it before I know the result then i will lose the existing cover. As I have not used the car much since August when it has had the last one it should I guess be worth the risk?

As I understand it there is no cancellation fee. No-one at VWFS mentioned it. I have not yet cancelled. I'm still waiting for my dealer to find out if another check is needed. I tried to sign up a few days before my car's 3rd birthday. Check done and passed but rejected as 2 or 3 days too early. Went back only 5 days later and in the meantime I'd had a Kessy error. Dealer quickly fixed and test passed for a second time and Servicing Deal signed. Might not be so easy outside original warranty. The law of s*d applied in my case and I'm not keen to repeat. If I don't need another test I will cancel and immediately restart. If  I need a new test and it fails I hope I can stick to Plan A. Otherwise there is not a Plan B.

A note of caution, if you will forgive me, if your contract started a few months ago. If you cancel (and you have not claimed any benefit from the plan....I think computer says no then!) you will to some extent be 'throwing away' your existing credit. You will start back at month zero with a new contract . They won't reduce your current payments. I my case I have paid 2 * £32 reducing my gain from £154 to £90. OK I have 2 more months warranty and breakdown cover. In your case say if you have made 4 payments totalling  £128 the deal is less convincing apart from the warranty and breakdown cover.

Hope this helps.

Yep agree it is less appealing but the way I justify it is that I will have lower monthly outgoings and still save a few quid. The other benefit is that it extends my warranty by the 4 months I have already paid for so in effect I am getting 28 months cover and paying slightly less overall for a longer term.

All its costing me is a bit of time out of my day and as I am retired time is now cheap. If I was working I would not bother cancelling the contract, also Yorkshire blood itches at missing out on a cheaper deal...

😉

36 minutes ago, MJ1 said:

Yep agree it is less appealing but the way I justify it is that I will have lower monthly outgoings and still save a few quid. The other benefit is that it extends my warranty by the 4 months I have already paid for so in effect I am getting 28 months cover and paying slightly less overall for a longer term.

All its costing me is a bit of time out of my day and as I am retired time is now cheap. If I was working I would not bother cancelling the contract, also Yorkshire blood itches at missing out on a cheaper deal...

😉

I am with you on this. Retired and tight like me! Just didn’t want you to slip up etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for the all in one eligibility check, seems a bit pointless when the car is only now 3 years old and has been serviced by the dealer doing the Checking. They can hardly say it hasn't been properly serviced and if there was anything wrong I'd have had it done under warranty. You'd think in those circumstances it would just be sold by the dealer, seems more understandable when it's more than a day out of warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2021 at 20:13, SurreySlowCoach said:

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for the all in one eligibility check, seems a bit pointless when the car is only now 3 years old and has been serviced by the dealer doing the Checking. They can hardly say it hasn't been properly serviced and if there was anything wrong I'd have had it done under warranty. You'd think in those circumstances it would just be sold by the dealer, seems more understandable when it's more than a day out of warranty.

100% agreed however from a sales point of view, it gets you thru the door. A good salesperson will convince you you're better off buying a new car, a bad one will let you leave with that All-in-One package. :D

On 01/12/2021 at 20:13, SurreySlowCoach said:

Well - what did the dealer decide?

Naturally it was accepted, would have been a bit odd if it hadn't been just a few days out of warranty. Slightly miffed dates meant I couldn't quite squeeze into the November offer. Still, I had an excellent experience with skoda assist when mice nibbled the wiring so happy to  continue with that. They do get to sell me all the extra servicing items but on balance it didn't seem a bad price for what's offered.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks.  Just planning my way ahead for 2022 and was looking more closely at this as my car will be 3 years old later this year.  With the All-in-one plan, can you order it slightly before the 3 years is up on the car?

What I am keen to do is have the next service (the 3Y one) covered but this will be just after the 3 years (perhaps only a few days).

Also - I was quite keen to get the insepction done (for eligibilty to the plan) to make sure there are no issues with the car before the 3 year manufacturer warranty expires - that way if they find any faults that could conceiveably be covered under the original factory warranty - they would be fixed at no cost.  If the check was done just after 3 years passed then any faults would not be covered under the original warranty.  I was even considering paying for an MOT about 3 weeks before the anniversary and then if anyting came up in the MOT it would be fixed under the original factory warranty (if it was a covered item - eg. Lights out of alignment)

What is the best plan of action with this all-in-one to get the best out of it and to make sure the car is given a good once over just prior to the original factory warranty expiring?  It has been serviced by Skoda, of course, for the first 2 services.  I am on a fixed annual service too (in case that makes any difference).

I don't really need the breakdown but even without that benefit it still seems like a good deal right?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by smipx