Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

3 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Ordered a Seat Arona for my wife in mid March. Has a build week assigned for 18th April.

Crazy how some cars are so quick….

Seat need to hand over the semi conductors 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, roottoot said:

SEAT have to keep the factories in Spain building cars when they can and as with Skoda, VW & Audi production is not at a total halt.

Cars are going out to various countries and world regions, just not as quick as many would like. 

The Ateca and Tarraco are not built in Spain and seem to have very long waits. Whereas they were confident an Arona would be a quick, that is made in Spain. The Cupras made in Spain have a huge wait though. Seems to be down to logistics of parts and supply chains rather than anything else. 

Lots to do with needing to meet the required Average Co2 emissions.

Now the UK has separate figures from the EU.

So SEAT are late to the party with the Hybrids and EV's and never First Registered enough Mii Electrics in 2020 / 2021.

They have been trying very hard to get Hybrids into the UK and Registered and now need to get BEV's in this year.

They need to get enough low emission cars registered in 2022, as do Skoda, VW & Audi in the UK even though they have the Partners signed up that do have low emission cars to help them not be paying a penalty. 

On 23/01/2022 at 09:15, Yogi-Bear said:

Now spec the RS3 up to the same level of kit as the VRS (especially as I’m guessing you’ve ticked pretty much everything to get it to £52k), then come back and tell me they are pretty much the same price. And I’m completely ignoring the fact you’ll never get 7 seats in an RS3 😜.

To be fair the base RS3 has a lot of extra's but definitely doesn't have 7 seats. I wasn't trying to compare a Kodiak vrs with an RS3 - they are patently two completely different cars. I was pointing out if you have already take the mental leap to go over £50k for a car then its not a big difference to consider other cars at the same general price point - 2.5k difference when you are at 50k isn't that significant.

Didn't buy an RS3 in the end, too small. Considered all sorts of manufacturers and cars,  ended up ordering an RS4 estate, build week 25 so ~4 months waiting.

Kodiak orders seem to be moving a bit better now so fingers crossed for everyone waiting that they get their cars soon.

• Like 1

Have an update today about my 2.0 TSI. Ordered beginning of October 2021 and now with build week 49-50 2022. I was again proposed to remove Canton, Side assist and now the Acoustic windows. I'm stubborn and will wait. I was assured by the dealer that the delivery will be shorter than this w49-50. Delivery contract ends September, so from there on there are penalties for the dealer.

On 01/04/2022 at 08:24, Yeltzer said:

Just spoken to dealer, car is released and on the way to the port of departure. Should be good for April delivery 

Car is now on a boat, should in UK in the next couple of days 😁

• Love it! 1

7 hours ago, Yeltzer said:

Car is now on a boat, should in UK in the next couple of days 😁

And just like that, it’s in the UK awaiting transport. Looking good for delivery before the end of the month :cool:

• Like 2

Call from the dealer today: car is due there next Wednesday and collect Friday (ordered 10/11/21).

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Looks I’m getting stung for the additional car tax. OTR price when ordered was just under £39k, but with price increases, the OTR at point of registration takes it into the £585/yr car tax 😥

• Groan 1

2 minutes ago, Yeltzer said:

Looks I’m getting stung for the additional car tax. OTR price when ordered was just under £39k, but with price increases, the OTR at point of registration takes it into the £585/yr car tax 😥

Another reason why Skoda Finance are in no hurry to delivery our lease cars! 

17 hours ago, apshep said:

Call from the dealer today: car is due there next Wednesday and collect Friday (ordered 10/11/21).

Fingers crossed.

My dealer update today. Still no build date. Ordered July penguins madagascar GIF

• Crying 1

19 minutes ago, Yeltzer said:

Snap. If they ever build it 🙄

There have been at least 5 price increases since I ordered.

Just now, AntD said:

Snap. If they ever build it 🙄

There have been at least 5 price increases since I ordered.

Also, £585 is an insane amount of money. £40k does not buy "luxury" anymore.

tried getting an update by my dealer is away on holiday for weeks and apparently no one else can look 🤣

Whens the next face lift or is it a new model next? my tig as a mk2.5 i think so guessing skoda do the same

Edited by AlienAl

17 minutes ago, AntD said:

Also, £585 is an insane amount of money. £40k does not buy "luxury" anymore.

Average cost of new cars actually purchased is upper mid 30’s I believe which does seem to make £40K seem ridiculous.

However I still sort of get it, in that a lot of people have no choice and buy a polo or a Leon or a bog standard golf and whilst those cars are absolutely fine the kodiaq is substantially bigger and better. I guess that we are paying a premium based on a cost choice rather than some weird definition of luxury. I still think you can find just about every type of car under £40K it’s just a choice to go above it.

I do think though that otr price should be locked in at order. It’s a nonsense that it is done at registration as if someone has picked options below 40 why should they be penalised if prices go up in the year it takes Skoda to build their car. 

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

I do think though that otr price should be locked in at order. It’s a nonsense that it is done at registration as if someone has picked options below 40 why should they be penalised if prices go up in the year it takes Skoda to build their car. 

This!

It's Skoda's fault, not mine. But I'll be the fool footing the bill.

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

I blame the government more than manufacturers…

Don't get me started on Richi Ballsak and his chums 🤣

6 hours ago, iwb100 said:

When you order a new car, it's not on the road ( it's OTF - on a form  :D ). VED may have changed, there maybe a different way altogether of charging tax - tax is something completely out of the manufacturer's control. Incidentally, the luxury tax is based on the retail price, not the OTR price.

Personally I think VED should work like income tax. You pay 20% income tax on a salary up to £50270, anything over is charged at 40%.

So, everyone pay's £155 VED on cars up to £40k and then percentage of the list price over £40k.  That way someone driving a £100k car pays more than someone driving a £41k car. Seems perfectly fair to me.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1