Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

22 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

I can only repeat what the dealer told me, I cant vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

I believe each dealer has a monthly quota of Kodiaq's that they cut put through to the factory. So it's possible that particular dealer may have used most of their quota for the coming months. Or they were just playing it on the safe side. 

22 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

Not quiet, additionaly the side detection was disconinued, Area view and the CANTON music system also had to be removed due from my order to unavailble. My order was pre December.

I can only repeat what the dealer told me, I cant vouch for the accuracy of the statement. However I had already told him I was cancelling the order before he told me they had heard from skoda - use or ignore as you see fit.

I’m afraid you’ve been fed really bad information. Mine is due soon with those extras and it was ordered in August of last year. There was also another guy on the Facebook group who collected his last week with those extras. Customer services confirmed all this around Christmas time.

anything ordered after December 11th didn’t have access to those items, but yours would’ve had them. 

I already have 3 Kodiaqs, enquired about another VRS weekend before last and was told it’s now 14-20 weeks. 

Sadly, it sounds like your dealer isn’t up to much. 

19 hours ago, jon_r said:

already have 3 Kodiaqs, enquired about another VRS weekend before last and was told it’s now 14-20 weeks. 

Checked with ŠKODA Webchat today and was advised lead time for VRS is currently 28 weeks. Does anyone really know, I wonder. 

31 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Checked with ŠKODA Webchat today and was advised lead time for VRS is currently 28 weeks. Does anyone really know, I wonder. 

Bizarre isn’t it. Saw the system with my own eyes. Must be changing all the time 

• Like 1

Getting really annoyed now. Just been informed my week 9 build is now week 12 and build weeks are very fluid and can change day to day. Ordered July last year, standard Kodiaq Sportline 4x4. Got a great deal on this car and I hope the dealers are not putting us off in the hope we look for something else so they can sell at the new higher margins!

11 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Getting really annoyed now. Just been informed my week 9 build is now week 12 and build weeks are very fluid and can change day to day. Ordered July last year, standard Kodiaq Sportline 4x4. Got a great deal on this car and I hope the dealers are not putting us off in the hope we look for something else so they can sell at the new higher margins!

This had crossed my mind too but as the dealer is willing to extend the deal if the car is late then I’d say no in my own case. However if I’d been waiting since July then I think my patience would have just run out. Good luck 🤞🏻 

20 minutes ago, Spivo said:

I'm slightly jealous you're even getting information, but also glad it's not just be being screwed.

My order has been in since May, and they won't ("can't") give me any build week info.

7 minutes ago, AntD said:

I'm slightly jealous you're even getting information, but also glad it's not just be being screwed.

My order has been in since May, and they won't ("can't") give me any build week info.

May!! I can’t believe you’ve been waiting that long! and still no build week. What spec and options have you gone for out of curiosity? I would be ripping my hair out by now! I’m impatient now and I’ve only been waiting since end of November

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JaXX2020 said:

May!! I can’t believe you’ve been waiting that long! and still no build week. What spec and options have you gone for out of curiosity? I would be ripping my hair out by now! I’m impatient now and I’ve only been waiting since end of November

Absolutely torn my hair out, bald spots are massive. Argued a lot with Skoda UK to absolutely no gain.

It's a 1.5 SportLine but with a fair few toys, park assist, travel assist, virtual cockpit, towbar, sleep pack, 3rd key, rear seat release, winter pack... Think that's it!

3 minutes ago, AntD said:

Absolutely torn my hair out, bald spots are massive. Argued a lot with Skoda UK to absolutely no gain.

It's a 1.5 SportLine but with a fair few toys, park assist, travel assist, virtual cockpit, towbar, sleep pack, 3rd key, rear seat release, winter pack... Think that's it!

All our chips are going into your car! 😂

5 minutes ago, AntD said:

I don’t know how you haven’t walked…I wonder if I had of done in your boat! You must be a really patient guy. Let’s hope they get you a date pronto…you absolutely deserve to be at the top of the list waiting this long!

Just now, JaXX2020 said:

I don’t know how you haven’t walked…I wonder if I had of done in your boat! You must be a really patient guy. Let’s hope they get you a date pronto…you absolutely deserve to be at the top of the list waiting this long!

Less patience and more rock and a hard place. Got an S-Max with over 100k miles on it, sold the Audi and went down to one car. Want something that will do the kit and quality of the Audi but the space of the S-Max...

And at the price point there isn't anything else. And if I order something else? I'm waiting again. And if I go second hand I'm spending the same/near as much money on something second hand because the market is mad.

Also the wife says if we cancel then the money is going on doing up the bathrooms so...

• Haha 1

It is clear there is absolutely no delivery by order procedure... My next car will not be a vag group car if i can help it. Delays and stuff sure but the way they deliver recent ordered cars first is rediculous. No idea how it goes at BMW for example but i am sure not that big of a mess like Skoda has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

You’ve been in for a long haul, can’t give up now- hope you hang in and get there soon 👍🏻

I'm with Jaxx, I deserve to be at the top of the list now!

Original build week was August, got to laugh or I'll go mad 🤣

Just now, Omniking said:

It is clear there is absolutely no delivery by order procedure... My next car will not be a vag group car if i can help it. Delays and stuff sure but the way they deliver recent ordered cars first is rediculous. No idea how it goes at BMW for example but i am sure not that big of a mess like Skoda has.

They've admitted as much, it's on spec and colour not order date. Seemingly no limit on how long they can keep sticking me to the bottom of the pile either!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AntD said:

They've admitted as much, it's on spec and colour not order date. Seemingly no limit on how long they can keep sticking me to the bottom of the pile either!

The way they produce cars like that was from the past. Afaik looking at the video of car production they do every color in one go. I suppose specs will be the same thing so i do not think its that.  They are just a mess.

edit: what probably could be the main issue is bad registration of built cars so no one (dealers) even knows its been built and are parked because of specific spec's and are forgotten or are parked so bad it takes more time to retrieve them so they end up being  pushed more to the back of the factory line.

Edited by Omniking

2 minutes ago, Omniking said:

The way they produce cars like that was from the past. Afaik looking at the video of car production they do every color in one go. I suppose specs will be the same thing so i do not think its that.  They are just a mess.

Tell me about it...

Screenshot_20220124-171528.png

• Sad 1

Honestly it feels they are talking rubbish and do not even know themselves.. Like my dealer only speculated march/april 2022 and till date no information at all. He said to me "i do honestly not know and will let you know when i know something".  /stop rant

Just now, Omniking said:

Honestly it feels they are talking rubbish and do not even know themselves.. Like my dealer only speculated march/april 2022 and till date no information at all. He said to me "i do honestly not know and will let you know when i know something".  /stop rant

And you get exactly the same from Skoda themselves. The dealers have got no chance.

1 minute ago, kodiaqsportline said:

SEAT Taracco?

It's a fair point but they're the same car, I think I'll just end up with the same wait.

Also - to be fussy - I think the Skoda looks better, I like the built in main screen and I don't like the handwriting badge on the SEAT!