Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

All of the VW Group are prioritising Retail orders. That is   cars financed and cash. Every order that comes in pushes cars leased (fleet) orders back in the queue. Why could they not have told us this in the first place?????

• Groan 1

34 minutes ago, Spivo said:

All of the VW Group are prioritising Retail orders. That is   cars financed and cash. Every order that comes in pushes cars leased (fleet) orders back in the queue. Why could they not have told us this in the first place?????

What's your source for this, out of interest?

4 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

What's your source for this, out of interest?

A member of the sales team at a Skoda dealership. Also when looking at trying to buy a Tiguan the sales guy told me (without him knowing my current position). I don't think it is any secret now if you demand straight answer. My Skoda dealer where i ordered the Kodiaq denied this a couple of months ago and it annoys me so much knowing that they have known for a long time know. It makes business sense but please be transparent so we can make personal choices. Kodiaqs Fleet cars were heavenly discounted for months when the facelift was announced. i got an absolute fantastic deal but at month 10 now of waiting.

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

A member of the sales team at a Skoda dealership. Also when looking at trying to buy a Tiguan the sales guy told me (without him knowing my current position). I don't think it is any secret now if you demand straight answer. My Skoda dealer where i ordered the Kodiaq denied this a couple of months ago and it annoys me so much knowing that they have known for a long time know. It makes business sense but please be transparent so we can make personal choices. Kodiaqs Fleet cars were heavenly discounted for months when the facelift was announced. i got an absolute fantastic deal but at month 10 now of waiting.

Might be a fantastic deal on paper

Sounds like a rubbish deal in reality as you don’t get the car for who knows long, all you really have is a hollow order which you cannot control.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Might be a fantastic deal on paper

Sounds like a rubbish deal in reality as you don’t get the car for who knows long, all you really have is a hollow order which you cannot control.

I agree. That is why I have walked away. Skoda have no morales, they have held information from too many customers. Not the Skoda dealers to blame directly but I think they have known for a long time what was happening within the system created. Good luck to those who have leased cars or on mobility but I think you will be waiting a very long time.

• Groan 1

Motability Cars are not put to the back of the queue.   Motability Finance buys the cars outright, the money transfers as the car is handed over.

The UK is Skoda's 5th biggest market and Motability is the biggest group buyer in the UK.  (Skoda is still a low volume seller in the UK though.)

Motability are getting good discounts on cars but then Motability Customers are the ones that are often ordering the poor selling models that Skoda need to get first registered and getting the ones as they did in the past 2 years that Skoda / VW Group needed to get First Registered when they were chasing the Low Average C02 figure. 

The Karoq, Kodiaq or Enyaq are not available this quarter from Motability. 

63288 SK Motability Price List - Q1 2022 - AW v3.pdf

Edited by roottoot

21 hours ago, Spivo said:

a bunch fleet orders surpassed my order and also private orders even with full options... There is no need to look into how they are doing it as it is utterly unorganized. And till date i still getting passed by orders from september while mine is end june 21, beginning july 21 and have nothing from information at all.

• Groan 1

4 hours ago, Omniking said:

a bunch fleet orders surpassed my order and also private orders even with full options... There is no need to look into how they are doing it as it is utterly unorganized. And till date i still getting passed by orders from september while mine is end june 21, beginning july 21 and have nothing from information at all.

If I ordered a car in June 2021 and hadn’t had a single update since then I’d be on to whoever I ordered from and tell them unless I had a confirmation of some sort within the next week I’d cancel my order. I mean the global situation excuses the physical delay. It doesn’t excuse zero communication from whoever your order is with. Nor an open dialogue to at least explore options. It is they who should be sorting this in my view.

• Like 1

The only solution i was given is to cancel, he said he had no information at all and i allready asked about others that allr got their car while ordering later, he said he cannot comment on that and that he has no info at all and i need to be patient... if i cancel now i would be in it for another roller coaster with a much higher price

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Omniking said:

The only solution i was given is to cancel, he said he had no information at all and i allready asked about others that allr got their car while ordering later, he said he cannot comment on that and that he has no info at all and i need to be patient... if i cancel now i would be in it for another roller coaster with a much higher price

Exactly this

12 hours ago, Omniking said:

They are all programmed to come out with the same **** response. I assume it’s a lease car?

My dealer emailed me back and said I have just spoken to retail support and you are correct about the delay in production on fleet and motability orders this was a decision made by the brand at the first stage of the shortage of semi-conductors but was stopped back in August 2021 putting everything into production

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlienAl said:

My dealer emailed me back and said I have just spoken to retail support and you are correct about the delay in production on fleet and motability orders this was a decision made by the brand at the first stage of the shortage of semi-conductors but was stopped back in August 2021 putting everything into production

Yep, some people on here denied that fact when I said this weeks ago

• Like 2

my lease car VW now near its 3rd extension has thrown engine faults. Spoke to VW explained 10 months waiting for my new car to which they said they arent willing to help with any fixing costs and shoudli miss any payments this could affect my credit score for the next 6 years.. Cheers you bunch of ****ers

• Like 1

After a couple of years away from Skoda and previously owning 3 Fabias I decided I’d like a Kodiaq as the family wagon. I got offered a decent cash deal on a VRS so placed my order mid February. I was initially told 26 weeks delivery, but on the day I paid my deposit was told 17 weeks (and signed the disclaimer about possible delays!) I took this with a pinch of salt especially after reading this forum and put it to the back of my mind. Was surprised to receive a call from the dealer today saying my car has been allocated a build date of week 16. I’m not holding my breath though as I know this can change!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funsize said:

After a couple of years away from Skoda and previously owning 3 Fabias I decided I’d like a Kodiaq as the family wagon. I got offered a decent cash deal on a VRS so placed my order mid February. I was initially told 26 weeks delivery, but on the day I paid my deposit was told 17 weeks (and signed the disclaimer about possible delays!) I took this with a pinch of salt especially after reading this forum and put it to the back of my mind. Was surprised to receive a call from the dealer today saying my car has been allocated a build date of week 16. I’m not holding my breath though as I know this can change!

That’s good news! Hopefully they’ll have enough parts! 

I cancelled my original order after initial delays and personal and family reasons and I didn’t feel it was right to buy myself a new car to distract from other family and global issues….the dealer tried to keep my order and I did think long and hard about it. 

I was over the disappointment of not having a new vRS on factory order….So after a week or two and chatting to family and friends I changed my mind and found one advertised on Autotrader which has everything I wanted and a little more for a similar price and different colour and in stock supposedly! 

I was in that frame of mind of wanting to get it sorted so I phoned the dealer at 6.55 last Tuesday after finishing work and apologising to the dealer for calling so close to closing time… we managed to get a deal done the very next morning. Now I’ll be collecting this Saturday coming! 😀

I’m very excited! 

I know that it’ll be amazing but it does feel weird to be treating myself while everything is going on around us. 

This would be my very first brand new car they’ve always been pre owned! 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, funsize said:

What colour and spec?

1 hour ago, funsize said:

You will be getting someone’s fleet/ lease order. Every time a retail order comes in the lease car is used and the the lease order goes to the back of the queue

18 minutes ago, Omniking said:

Enjoy life to the fullest and be there for the ones close to you. We only have so much time on this world and it can be ended right away. Enjoy the new ride :)

You’re right there. 

I’ll pop some pics up on Saturday! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spivo said:

You will be getting someone’s fleet/ lease order. Every time a retail order comes in the lease car is used and the the lease order goes to the back of the queue

You're starting to sound like a broken record. Unless you can provide tangible evidence that this is actually happening - in which case I'm sure we'd all love to know about it because it would be shady dealings indeed - please give it a rest.

I can't for one second imagine that someone's fleet/lease order has got as far as the dealer, and the dealer has instead decided to advertise it on Autotrader and sell it to someone else. But I could be wrong, it's a crazy world.