Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

On 13/07/2021 at 12:23, Theo5 said:

Ordered a Kodiaq on 22nd June, and the estimate was November. Seems to be some luck involved related to what options and colour the car is, as to when it'll actually be built. I'd like it before Christmas, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's early next year. 

Checked today, no build week for it yet. 

ordered 11th June last time i checked unconfirmed build dats and looking like November delivery. Chip shortage blamed

• Like 1

Yeah, same here. Delivery should be already last week and now it is postponed for some weeks. Looks like delivery could happen in the beginning or mid of September. Same, blaming closure of factory & chip shortage (2 weeks + one additional because of chips).

It was there yesterday... didn't fill me with confidence that my new bear will turn up in October.

But I'm in no massive hurry - as long as the new bear turns up before March, it doesn't make any difference to me (the dealer is running the risk of losing out if used prices crash before it turns up thanks to their guaranteed p/x price).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

This doesn’t look good, posted on the Skoda configurator today…

I kind of wish there was a way of the Skoda factory contacting customers to offer different options based on what they're short on. As an example if they're short on the standard stereo, but they've got plenty of the Canton's, I would be happy to pay for an upgrade if it means the build week doesn't get put back 6 weeks. 

32 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

I kind of wish there was a way of the Skoda factory contacting customers to offer different options based on what they're short on. As an example if they're short on the standard stereo, but they've got plenty of the Canton's, I would be happy to pay for an upgrade if it means the build week doesn't get put back 6 weeks. 

Skoda might be Simply Clever, but they're Simply Not that clever  :sadsmile:

• Haha 1

https://newsbeezer.com/czechrepubliceng/worse-than-expected-production-in-skoda-is-also-stopped-after-the-holiday-due-to-a-lack-of-chips/

I see they also prolonged closure of Kodiaq plant for additional 1 week due to chip shortage. Really not looking good. On other side, I checked on official Czech Skoda site and they have approximately 20 new Kodiaqs as available at dealers.

Ordered 3rd week July, no build date as of yet. Was told today via Skoda UK online chat (who are able to check order status and are very quick and helpful) that projected build date unlikely to be known for at least a few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Doombar said:

Ordered 3rd week July, no build date as of yet. Was told today via Skoda UK online chat (who are able to check order status and are very quick and helpful) that projected build date unlikely to be known for at least a few weeks. 

As per link in above post, factory is closed till at least the 23rd August, so unlikely to get any meaningful updates till then.

Go to the Skoda web site (I am in the UK). Use the contact option and use the chat function (not 24x7). Tell them very specifically you want to know the order status etc, and give them your order number. If you don’t have your order number then they can look it up. Wait five mins for them to go through the system and voila you get an answer. They were able to tell me when the order was processed, factory accepted etc so they’re clearly looking at the system somehow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Doombar said:

Go to the Skoda web site (I am in the UK). Use the contact option and use the chat function (not 24x7). Tell them very specifically you want to know the order status etc, and give them your order number. If you don’t have your order number then they can look it up. Wait five mins for them to go through the system and voila you get an answer. They were able to tell me when the order was processed, factory accepted etc so they’re clearly looking at the system somehow.

The order number is 8 digits beginning with a 3. If you don't have it, they should be able to look it up unless it's a lease / mobility order. 

28 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

Well, latest update from factory/dealer my Kodiaq is scheduled to be built next week and dealer still expecting delivery by mid September.

Hm… how that? Isn’t factory closed next week?

Can you check on .co.uk only for UK dealers or also for other EU dealers?

3 minutes ago, Dzernej said:

Hm… how that? Isn’t factory closed next week?

Can you check on .co.uk only for UK dealers or also for other EU dealers?

That’s the message I got today from dealer, that they got from factory system.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been given a provisional build date of End Sept for an order placed early July.

If that ends up being the case (and it is a big if), then I guess I am looking at delivery around early November which would be around 18 weeks not the 22 I was originally quoted.

I got info that you could preorder it from April on and normally order it from mid May on. 

Well, I think Kodiaq is top priority model (also due high margin) and even if there is issue with a chip shortage, it will have small impact on production (2-4 weeks delay).

You can also see on webcam of airport where they are storing cars with some missing parts that Kodiaqs are in front row (first one to be picked, after missing parts are delivered/on stock).

Webcam

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

58 minutes ago, Doombar said:

Wow. I didn’t realise you could order a facelift model before the official announcement dates - wish I had now as a build date for mine (ordered end of Jul) seems unlikely for a while!

If you ordered yours in the last weeks of July it's highly likely that yours will be a facelift model.  In fact I would be staggered if it isn't.