Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

@Doombar

Running in or as it might be in the Owners Manuals 'Driving in' is still a thing,  New Tyres & New Brakes, so the Tyres need the greeness taken off them, so need some miles on them when put to the right pressure and the TPMS set.

The brakes are going to be as tight as they ever will be so break / wear them in.

While doing that you can let the engine, gearbox, bearings etc get the newness off them and listen for any noises.  

Do not expect that to be the way sales people run a new car, they are just putting 3,000 miles / 3 months use on Demonstrators until they are sold as Ex Management cars.

The way they drive them might do no harm, but they never check oil levels until the Warning Light shows, so maybe be sure you check when you get the car and then a few times regularly after you have been driving it.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Doombar said:

At handover do they tell you to take it easy during a run-in period or is that not a thing anymore?

New cars don't need to be "run in" as such engine wise in the same way that they used to.

However, it's still a sensible precaution to drive "conservatively" for the first 500 miles or so.  As stated above, this will give everything time to bed in.

In all probability 99 times out of 100 there will be no difference.  But you don't want to be that 1%!

• Like 2

Hi all

If you look on autotrader for new you can get stock vehicles quickly.   I saw a new sportline come in to Startins on Friday and bought it on Saturday. It just depends on the spec available but it was their first delivery in two weeks. Skoda are delivering car to all dealers equally. 

56 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

We've gone through using my wife's work so get good discount so will have to wait plus wana face lift 

many cars dealers have in stock is way overpriced. The new sportline Kodiaq TDI DSG 4x4 I have ordered is only £1800 deposit and £365 per month on a PCH (10000) miles a year, 3 years 😊

Spoke to Skoda again yesterday since thursday last week my build week has been put back from Novermber to december. I was told a October delivery as my lease runs out now its looking like a feb delivery so 9 months

On 12/09/2021 at 08:54, Doombar said:

At handover do they tell you to take it easy during a run-in period or is that not a thing anymore?

Yes, they told me to take it easy for first couple of 100 kilometers.

For me it’s a new thing that you don’t have a cross check after first 1-2k km. I assume they are also saving here 😉 And like I read on other topic in the forum, when I picked it up, I got only 1 umbrella instead of 2 like in the past (but this I don’t care, I just mentioned it).

Overall I am very satisfied with the dealer during complete process (very kind, professional and with right information all the time (no blurry answers, etc) and yeah at the end they gave me for free rubber mats which was also nice gesture.

I also asked about other incoming cars and got answer they are coming really slowly 1 by 1 for those who ordered it May-June plus if you order it now the expected delivery time is postponing and postponing.

I would say I was quite lucky with order of new model. In February I wanted to order old model with a lot of equipment and due to lower price (because new model will come out) but I couldn’t (orders were closed or in other words, all slots were full until end of production) plus I couldn’t order a new model already. One month after the new model was announced I got info that I can order it. I assume this months in between where no-one could order old one neither new one were crucial that I got it in 12 weeks. I assume same is valid for orders until July or maybe end of July as for later orders where I think the delivery dates can be postponed for a lot…

4 hours ago, Dappernut said:

When did you say you put your order in AlienAI?

yeh start of june we were warned of delays and told in order to miss these delays we need to order now so we did. we knew they may be talking rubbish etc but could risk not and waiting to see. i knows there little can be done. As said by others short of buying an over inflated 2nd had car every manufacturer has the same problems so basically tough ****

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

Nothing. They just said I can cancel if I wish but they know there’s nothing else to buy!

That is really strange. Did you order it at official dealer?

My status:

- last week of May ordered,

- 2 weeks later provisional delivery cw34

- 2 weeks later production planned, delivery cw31

- 2 weeks later production confirmed, delivery cw31

- 2 weeks later when car should aready arrive it was still in production with comment from dealer that it will come 3 weeks factory closure,

- 4 weeks later car in delivery and ready to be picked same week

So I am really surprised that you didn’t get anything at all…

19 minutes ago, xspartx said:

Mine has still got an "unconfirmed" build date in a couple of weeks.  Suspect they are building batches dependent upon the specific trims and will only decide nearer the time.

Same here. Ordered late July from UK main dealer. No build date yet and not even a hint as to when one might be given. If I see anything before spring I will be amazed.

So here is the current situation from the dealer (which I think makes a lot of sense and is backed up by other posts on here).

Build weeks seem to be confirmed for orders from July and back.  

It's likely that the car will be built broadly to schedule (with a slight delay).  

However, it will then sit "partially built" waiting for the al important semiconductors.   This could be as little as a couple of weeks, or as long as 3 months.  The truth is nobody knows.  Add on delivery to this and realistically we are looking at 1-4 months AFTER the production date for delivery.

I suspect this is why some orders later than July haven't yet been accepted by the factory as there is presumably only so much room/willingness to store the partially made cars.

• Like 1

People on this forum have had cars that were built since July delivered or they are now on their way to dealerships,

so the answer must be that cars are being finished after having been bunkered or just completed at the factory.

Edited by e-Roottoot

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

People on this forum have had cars that were built since July delivered or they are now on their way to dealerships,

so the answer must be that cars are being finished after having been bunkered or just completed at the factory.

Sounds about right.  They are probably doing them in batches depending upon spec.

5 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

Is there any evidence that they're actually finishing any cars, or is the whole thing stalled now the runways are full?  I have a bad feeling about this...

Well my Kodiaq went into production week beginning 16/8 and has definitely stalled. Only info Skoda are giving out is that the system is showing production is delayed.