Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

15 hours ago, Dappernut said:

Is there any evidence that they're actually finishing any cars, or is the whole thing stalled now the runways are full?  I have a bad feeling about this...

Here is a webcam of airport close to Kvasiny factory (where they are bulding Kodiaqs) where you can see parked built cars waiting for missing parts.

https://www.see.cam/cz/83/rusek/rusek-hradec-kralove-airport

When I checked it last time in July and in August after factory opened again after summer closure, only right side was full and left one empty (you can also check on page via time lapse). Now you can see on left side most of it only Kodiaqs (you need to zoom in).

So yeah, they are building it as much as possible I believe but the problem is that they need to store it all around (upper link I assume it’s only one of several locations) until they get missing parts (due to chips).

53 minutes ago, Dzernej said:

I assume it’s only one of several locations) until they get missing parts (due to chips).

Yeah, there was an article stating max capacity for unfinished cars as 55,000 before production gets stopped, so not just the runway.
Also looks like that runway is used for a mix of Skoda / Seat vehicles.

https://www.reflex.cz/galerie/auta/130447/misto-festivalu-obri-parkoviste-skodovka-pod-tihou-cipove-krize-na-hradeckem-letisti-cekaji-tisice-aut?foto=2

53 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

Yeah, there was an article stating max capacity for unfinished cars as 55,000 before production gets stopped, so not just the runway.
Also looks like that runway is used for a mix of Skoda / Seat vehicles.

https://www.reflex.cz/galerie/auta/130447/misto-festivalu-obri-parkoviste-skodovka-pod-tihou-cipove-krize-na-hradeckem-letisti-cekaji-tisice-aut?foto=2

Omg, chaos… And now imagine your car was built and it will wait there in rain/snow etc. and arrive after half a year like a brand new car 😠

25 minutes ago, Dzernej said:

Omg, chaos… And now imagine your car was built and it will wait there in rain/snow etc. and arrive after half a year like a brand new car 😠

An interesting point - this must be a real logistics headache. I wonder what the quality impact might be of needing to retrofit the missing bits too? I am sure they have a handle on this as it’s an obvious risk area i suppose. 

2 hours ago, Dzernej said:

Here is a webcam of airport close to Kvasiny factory (where they are bulding Kodiaqs) where you can see parked built cars waiting for missing parts.

https://www.see.cam/cz/83/rusek/rusek-hradec-kralove-airport

When I checked it last time in July and in August after factory opened again after summer closure, only right side was full and left one empty (you can also check on page via time lapse). Now you can see on left side most of it only Kodiaqs (you need to zoom in).

So yeah, they are building it as much as possible I believe but the problem is that they need to store it all around (upper link I assume it’s only one of several locations) until they get missing parts (due to chips).

My Kodiaq could  be in amongst that lot 😞

Edited by Kenny R

1 minute ago, Doombar said:

An interesting point - this must be a real logistics headache. I wonder what the quality impact might be of needing to retrofit the missing bits too? I am sure they have a handle on this as it’s an obvious risk area i suppose. 

That's my concern.. brand new car being opened back up to fit things in the engine bay, or bits of interior trim / door cards being removed to fit missing parts.  I'm sure it'll be fine though.

This latest planned shutdown might be partly down to getting the unfinished cars done. I read this about the last break they had.

"“We would like to complete 20,000 cars in those two weeks, which are now standing on our parking lots.”

https://praguemonitor.com/news/featured/24/06/2021/semiconductor-shortage-forces-skoda-auto-to-downsize-operations/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

They will be using trained people to complete the work.  Likely more competent than techs / fitters or contractors employed at main dealerships.  They will really be factory trained and with all the gear and no excuses. 

I would agree. I think they are also not producing the cars if there would be a lot of work to do afterwards and especially if it would be risky to damage the car. 

Does anyone know what exactly Skoda is missing due to chip shortage? I would assume platform with motor and gearbox is complete, doors also, so probably only infotainment system or digital cockpit, or?

Just had a call from my dealer... still showing as BW36 which was last week, but he's trying to find out just how delayed it is going to be. Apparently that's better than a lot of orders they have where they don't have a build week yet (and from comments on here, pretty common across the board).

So, I count myself lucky at the moment that I might have a new car before the end of the year...

It probably doesn't mean anything, but I've noticed the Sport Line, VRS and L&K  trim's aren't available as options at the moment on carwow.   

4 hours ago, Theo5 said:

It probably doesn't mean anything, but I've noticed the Sport Line, VRS and L&K  trim's aren't available as options at the moment on carwow.   

Errrr… they show up for me. Besides, I wouldn’t trust carwow as authoritative on what is and isn’t available. They do a pretty good job, especially with option combos / rules, but they definitely aren’t infallible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Errrr… they show up for me. Besides, I wouldn’t trust carwow as authoritative on what is and isn’t available. They do a pretty good job, especially with option combos / rules, but they definitely aren’t infallible.

You're right. I was selecting manual gear box and didn't realise that doesn't seem to be available on anything other than SE and SEL. 

Checked with Skoda chat today... my June Kodiaq order still hasn't got a build date. Told to check back sometime in October.  Not convinced it'll arrive this year which is going to be annoying. 

On 24/09/2021 at 18:54, Spivo said:

I’m looking for something else now, there are no positive noises coming from Skoda

Go on auto trader and there are 30 new cars available at showrooms around the country. It is what I did and I picked it up on Wednesday.

8 sportline

14 SEL

8 SEE