Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

9 hours ago, xspartx said:

If you ordered yours in the last weeks of July it's highly likely that yours will be a facelift model.  In fact I would be staggered if it isn't.

I don’t get it. You exactly know which one you ordered, old one or facelift? I wanted to order old one in March due to lower price and full equipment but I couldn’t due to the reason that all order slots until start of production of facelift were booked. 
But all “bad stuff” happens with a reason so I am more than happy to have matrix led headlights ;)

2 hours ago, Dzernej said:

I don’t get it. You exactly know which one you ordered, old one or facelift? I wanted to order old one in March due to lower price and full equipment but I couldn’t due to the reason that all order slots until start of production of facelift were booked. 
But all “bad stuff” happens with a reason so I am more than happy to have matrix led headlights ;)

I ordered at the start of July.  I've been given provisional build of late in September.  By this stage the production line will have switched to facelifted Kodiaqs.

Given you ordered later and have yet to be allocated a provisional build date, it's a fair assumption that it will be after late September.

By this stage the Kodiaq production line would be well into the facelift model.  Even if you wanted to, they are not going to switch back to the old model to accommodate are they?

Personally speaking I really couldn't care less about the facelift model.  It's so similar it's not even worth it.  I'll get what I'm given, but for the reasons above, it's likely to be a facelift.  Well actually it IS a facelift as that was the option when I ordered.

Edited by xspartx

I specifically stated on the order form that they will supply a facelift. It’s a personal thing but I slightly prefer the new grille. But mainly I hope the resale value will be slightly stronger for the facelift in 3yrs, and the price was the same as the pre-facelift.

Because I haven’t ordered any options I was concerned that if someone cancelled an order late in the day then I might end up with a pre-facelift bit of stock if I wasn’t very specific about it. Perhaps overthinking it, but it’s a lot of money so I wanted to hedge my bets.

23 hours ago, Doombar said:

I specifically stated on the order form that they will supply a facelift. It’s a personal thing but I slightly prefer the new grille. But mainly I hope the resale value will be slightly stronger for the facelift in 3yrs, and the price was the same as the pre-facelift.

Because I haven’t ordered any options I was concerned that if someone cancelled an order late in the day then I might end up with a pre-facelift bit of stock if I wasn’t very specific about it. Perhaps overthinking it, but it’s a lot of money so I wanted to hedge my bets.

I am surprised that you are ordering it at your dealer like this. Here at our country you exactly know which model you are ordering with which type of equipment (Active-Ambition-Style-Sportline-L&K-RS). I know that equipment “packages” vary from country to country, but that you don’t know if you get old or facelift 😕

Cars delivered from November 2020 have the Skoda name on the back tailgate door replacing the Skoda logo.

They also have MIB3 entertainment systems, which are a huge retrograde from the previous MIB2.

The sat nav in particular is awful and the excellent POI interface search has been replaced by a useless sat nav add on.

I won’t be buying any VAG vehicle with MIB3 ever again, it’s useless.

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

Cars delivered from November 2020 have the Skoda name on the back tailgate door replacing the Skoda logo.

They also have MIB3 entertainment systems, which are a huge retrograde from the previous MIB2.

The sat nav in particular is awful and the excellent POI interface search has been replaced by a useless sat nav add on.

I won’t be buying any VAG vehicle with MIB3 ever again, it’s useless.

Depends on your point of view.  I hardly ever/never use the built in Sat Nav.

Waze/Google are streets ahead (pun intended) ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dzernej said:

I am surprised that you are ordering it at your dealer like this. Here at our country you exactly know which model you are ordering with which type of equipment (Active-Ambition-Style-Sportline-L&K-RS). I know that equipment “packages” vary from country to country, but that you don’t know if you get old or facelift 😕

The Skoda UK order forms I’ve seen have a derivative line but it outlines the model only,   (e.g. sportline 1.5dsg) which is the same pre and post facelift so there is nothing on my paperwork that I could see which ensured I would be supplied a facelift. There’s no chance I am risking even a 1% chance that a dealer might supply a stock car and give me a last season model for new season money.  Even though the sales guy was really good- who knows he might not even be working there next week!  So I just made them write on the form that they will definitely supply a facelift. They were happy to do it and understood why I wanted that on the paperwork given the cost and comfort level a single sentence provides me.

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, Doombar said:

The Skoda UK order forms I’ve seen have a derivative line but it outlines the model only,   (e.g. sportline 1.5dsg) which is the same pre and post facelift so there is nothing on my paperwork that I could see which ensured I would be supplied a facelift. There’s no chance I am risking even a 1% chance that a dealer might supply a stock car and give me a last season model for new season money.  Even though the sales guy was really good- who knows he might not even be working there next week!  So I just made them write on the form that they will definitely supply a facelift. They were happy to do it and understood why I wanted that on the paperwork given the cost and comfort level a single sentence provides me.

My order paperwork clearly states 2022 model

Edited by Kenny R

25 minutes ago, xspartx said:

Waze/Google are streets ahead (pun intended) ;)

I’d agree on that, but unfortunately we often go off track exploring in areas with poor mobile coverage. Downloading all the areas Google maps is a bit too much for our phone’s memory 

4 hours ago, xspartx said:

Does it?

Where on the order form?

I’m not at home at the moment to say exactly where, but it’s either at the start or end in the line that says  2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 1.5 DSG

I checked with the Skoda live chat yesterday. Didn't fully understand the answer, I'm guessing it means in a few weeks time I'll get a provisional build date from the factory. 

"I've just taken a look and it appears that it is Required by Sept 17th at the factory, which means that it is leased and will begin the ordering process at the factory at that date".  I asked what was meant by leased (it's not a lease car), and they said it was a fleet order. 

Edited by Theo5

2 hours ago, Theo5 said:

I checked with the Skoda live chat yesterday. Didn't fully understand the answer, I'm guessing it means in a few weeks time I'll get a provisional build date from the factory. 

"I've just taken a look and it appears that it is Required by Sept 17th at the factory, which means that it is leased and will begin the ordering process at the factory at that date".  I asked what was meant by leased (it's not a lease car), and they said it was a fleet order. 

Have you ordered through a dealer or a broker? 

1 hour ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Have you ordered through a dealer or a broker? 

It's via a broker, which from what I can tell goes via a Skoda dealer as a Fleet order. 

On 04/09/2021 at 10:19, Kenny R said:

Checked with Skoda live chat today, my Kodiaq that went into production week beginning 16/8, is still in production due to semiconductor shortages 😞

May end up in the same production run as mine.   (Currently provisional end Sep)

On 14/07/2021 at 13:59, PartiZan said:

I ordered a facelift Sportline on 11th June. Still waiting for production date...

Same here. Ordered early July and now told definitely next year. Very inconsistent messages on the same subject.

11 hours ago, Spivo said:

Same here. Ordered early July and now told definitely next year. Very inconsistent messages on the same subject.

A few weeks ago I was told order accepted by factory. Now I am told it has not yet been accepted. As you say, the inconsistency is terrible. Also got a letter from Skoda recently that asked for patience and said things likely won’t be delivered according to normal lead times and said the dealer would keep me informed (but likely to be some time before they can tell final production date). The only positive bit was that apparently the situation should be improving in the second half of 2021 - er we are midway through that…?! 

Edited by Doombar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Doombar said:

A few weeks ago I was told order accepted by factory. Now I am told it has not yet been accepted. As you say, the inconsistency is terrible. Also got a letter from Skoda recently that asked for patience and said things likely won’t be delivered according to normal lead times and said the dealer would keep me informed (but likely to be some time before they can tell final production date). The only positive bit was that apparently the situation should be improving in the second half of 2021 - er we are midway through that…?! 

Ready to cancel but unable to find stock at the right price of any suitable alternative

I saw a new Sportline today… looked really nice. Can’t wait until I get my new bear, but I’m guessing it will be a while yet.

It’s not a good situation for those that need their new wheels sooner rather than later.

On 10/09/2021 at 22:08, Dzernej said:

I picked up mine today 🥳

After first drive, it’s amazing, I love it 😍 

I hope you’ll also get yours asap!

At handover do they tell you to take it easy during a run-in period or is that not a thing anymore?