USB Port Retrofit.

Hi. 

Anyone done a USB retrofit with the factory parts on the superb and able to provide part numbers or guide ? Had a look on search but mostly about dash cam etc. 

I find it really strange there is only 1 USB in the front and it's in front of the gear stick. 

Can you retrofit one inside the armrest box and the rear centre console for the kids devices too ? 

It's a 2019 pre facelift model if it makes a difference. 

• Like 1

Exactly what I think about the Octavia too. Not wanting any car connectivity in the back, just the USB power supply really. A twin outlet in the rear of the armrest below the ashtray would be ideal.

I suppose I could plug something into the boot 12v and run a wire through, but it's always going to look a bit of a lash up compared to a mounted socket. 

Interesting topic for me as I have just purchased a 2018 SEL Executive for my Private Hire business and looking to put USB's in the rear both for their use and run an iPad with extra services on for them. In the handbook it does show 2 usb's fitted in the rear of the centre console. Obviously not sure when or in what model or even if they were an optional extra but have done a number of Google searches to try and find the parts involved with no success so far. Not having really got into it I was wondering if the loom was still in the bottom of the centre console for when the usb / phono was in there? Alternatively there is a 12v socket in the storage and I thought about converting that to a twin usb?

Superb USB.JPG

50 minutes ago, ronnievincent said:

Interesting topic for me as I have just purchased a 2018 SEL Executive for my Private Hire business and looking to put USB's in the rear both for their use and run an iPad with extra services on for them. In the handbook it does show 2 usb's fitted in the rear of the centre console. Obviously not sure when or in what model or even if they were an optional extra but have done a number of Google searches to try and find the parts involved with no success so far. Not having really got into it I was wondering if the loom was still in the bottom of the centre console for when the usb / phono was in there? Alternatively there is a 12v socket in the storage and I thought about converting that to a twin usb?

Superb USB.JPG

Put a double USB cigar charger in the 12v job done. Will charge better than USB also depending on the cigar charger chosen.

As @fraz8888 mentioned - get 12v socket USB adaptor charger thing.

I removed the 12v socket in mine and replaced it with a USB socket.

Happy with it.

682587921_16111371623372.thumb.jpg.057ccf80b4afb7f56d1fad731fcd0785.jpg

the picture u shared is for markets that have the optional 240v power socket at that rear console.  Those things come with additional USB ports (power only).

the wiring loom for that is definitely not there, n the hardware is difficult to source and very expensive.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I'll need to have a look at the rear one tomorrow. To be fair I didn't think it had a rear 12v socket but clewlry never paid enough attention to it. 

Thanks and looks like a suitable solution for the rear but also easily routed for an additional into the arm rest box too

2 hours ago, P4ulG said:

Thanks and looks like a suitable solution for the rear but also easily routed for an additional into the arm rest box too

i routed my front USB port to inside the center armrest console storage so i could connect/store my AAWireless device nicely under mat.

i had initial plans to get a USB hub so i can add a second USB port into the blank/dummy plate in there.  one day......

1085598112_AAWirelessLocation.thumb.jpg.e396aafee4eec103c6905d5729ba1805.jpg

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 22:32, JR RS said:

the picture u shared is for markets that have the optional 240v power socket at that rear console.  Those things come with additional USB ports (power only).

the wiring loom for that is definitely not there, n the hardware is difficult to source and very expensive.

Had another look in the handbook and my original picture is not for the 240v installation? Had another look and this picture is for that so the USB fittment must be available somewhere?

240v Photo.JPG

Happy with it.

Went ahead and I bought one of these on the bay today, so thanks for the recommendation. 

Can I ask where you got the connector plug and how it’s fitted? 

Had another look in the handbook and my original picture is not for the 240v installation? Had another look and this picture is for that so the USB fittment must be available somewhere?

So, been having another root around to see what I can find about the USB set up. It seems that there is a "hub" connected to the infotainment system, Part Number: 5G0035953 (may come with various letters at the end, C, D, or X.) It appears to have a single input to the unit but with 3 inputs or 3 lines in through 1 input? If that is so then there are 2 additional inputs available. The part that fits in the centre console would appear to be: 5Q0035726 (again may come with various letters at the end, C, N, M and E, although the one ending in L appears to be a double one?) If you Google some of the part numbers they come up as Seat and visually look different. Not sure how you could wire them in for the minute as I cannot find a harness listed for them so may have to find a breakers where you could strip out the part of the loom you may require or get in touch with the local dealer and see what they can come up with? My thought is the plug on the unit end going to the USB sockets. As for the rear of the centre console there are 2 rear carriers listed and 4 inserts on zap7 so perhaps one of them along with one of the usb plugs is what I am looking for?

1 hour ago, numskull said:

Went ahead and I bought one of these on the bay today, so thanks for the recommendation. 

Can I ask where you got the connector plug and how it’s fitted? 

It uses the same connector plug as the existing one.  

Remove old.

Plug new.

Nice n easy.

The hard bit was getting the old 12v socket out.  Had to break it out.

56 minutes ago, ronnievincent said:

So, been having another root around to see what I can find about the USB set up. 

Hence the link @fraz8888 posted above - 3rd post.

Talks about all this.

• Like 1

On from this topic, my 2021 Superb IV SE Technology doesn't have the USB-C port in the top mirror housing, it's just a blank (so much for the "Technology" handle :wondering:).  Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the USB-C hub there and how easy it is?

Appreciate all the replies and suggestions about the USB fittings unfortunately when it comes to these things I am a bit of a nerd. Also although it's a relatively easy job to convert the 12v supply to twin USB outputs it requires the storage to be open. Running the vehicle, as I do with all of mine, as a Private Hire (Taxi) service bet your bottom dollar that's going to get broken by one of the customers feet at some point. Believe me those rear bits are just ripe for people to mess with and break, had cup holders, arm rests and 'ski flaps' done in so the less that moves the better. The twin ones are a project for my VW Sharan & Seat Alhambra. Bought the Stop / Start panel that fits in the centre section of the lower dash panel, they fit in where the 12v & stop / start buttons fit, take a feed from the fuse board to them and there you go, all neat and tidy ready for all the gadgets that need to feed off them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ronnievincent said:

Appreciate all the replies and suggestions about the USB fittings unfortunately when it comes to these things I am a bit of a nerd. Also although it's a relatively easy job to convert the 12v supply to twin USB outputs it requires the storage to be open. Running the vehicle, as I do with all of mine, as a Private Hire (Taxi) service bet your bottom dollar that's going to get broken by one of the customers feet at some point. Believe me those rear bits are just ripe for people to mess with and break, had cup holders, arm rests and 'ski flaps' done in so the less that moves the better. The twin ones are a project for my VW Sharan & Seat Alhambra. Bought the Stop / Start panel that fits in the centre section of the lower dash panel, they fit in where the 12v & stop / start buttons fit, take a feed from the fuse board to them and there you go, all neat and tidy ready for all the gadgets that need to feed off them.

My father has the oem setup with usb and a 220v outlet. These are also covered with a little door. So that would be no option either. 

• 1 year later...

Happy with it.

682587921_16111371623372.thumb.jpg.057ccf80b4afb7f56d1fad731fcd0785.jpg

Hello i just want to update this information,

the usb is not just power it reads multimedia , the cable colors of my cigarrete lighter are brown\white i think its earth  and red\green that i think it is power can anyone confirm please.

20221009_114205.jpg

Edited by Camarao69