Rear seat electrical connections

BramptonTrev

Two photos of the Karoq Vario Flex rear seat electrical connections.

One shows the floor pan with the nearside seat connections (the double block of which only one is used on my Karoq) and the red warning triangle flap cover for the centre seat.

Why does only the centre seat have a flip over red triangle warning flap?

As you can seat one part of the cover for the nearside seat has got broken, probably by the heavy seat being dropped on it in the wrong position.  The second photo shows the missing part which has broken into 2.  Is this small flap available as a spare part?  It has the following moulded in - >PBT-GF20< and 10138397?

If not available, your suggestion(s) please as to which type of glue could be used to glue another plastic strip across the back or the front to hold the 2 parts together.

Skoda Karoq rear seat electrical connections - broken flap.jpg

Skoda Karoq rear seat electrical connections - nearside and centre.jpg

Because the side seats are usually in position in either of two connectors and cover the others. They have automatic dirt covers which cover the connectorwhen not in use.

The middle seat can be left out and the connector is then accessible to those in the side rear seats such as children’s hence needs a more robust cover with a warning.

Don’t forget to open it when dropping the central seat base as I think it would break easily!

Edited by kenfowler3966
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

One way used with motorcycle plastics is to form a zig zag with a paperclip, lay it on and 'melt' it in by pushing it down with a soldering iron.  Another way is to 'weld' it by using a soldering iron with a zip tie as the welding rod.

There are many  videos on YouTube, this is but one as an example:

...just search "plastic repair" (without the quotes)

tom 

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike 

If it is the spring loaded flaps that are broken then you need to get the whole connector as I found out ,  the flaps are easy to swap across to replace the  broken one’s 

To replace the whole connector is slightly more difficult as you have to take out a lot of the interior to get to it 

Regards 

Will

On 02/11/2023 at 18:48, Williami33 said:

Hi Mike 

If it is the spring loaded flaps that are broken then you need to get the whole connector as I found out ,  the flaps are easy to swap across to replace the  broken one’s 

To replace the whole connector is slightly more difficult as you have to take out a lot of the interior to get to it 

Regards 

Will

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike 

Sorry just seen this , did you manage to swap out the flaps ?

I just raised the middle slightly until they popped out then manipulated them again in the  middle to pop them back in 

Regards 

Will