Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

Just chased my leasing company about the order I placed for a Sportline 1.5 DSG. Been advised that the dealer hasn't yet confirmed the order back with them as there's a new model/facelift to be released.

Goodness knows what this will do to my estimated delivery date! 

Does anyone have any links to what the new update/facelift will consist of? 

15 minutes ago, JuanGandini said:

there's a new model/facelift to be released.

Does anyone have any links to what the new update/facelift will consist of? 

Not much as far as i can tell by the looks of it. But in 2022 there is more info what changes there are (engines, 4x4,..) And when it will be released is a big ??

afbeelding.png.b36f8223e68b0691fcb6df57c0cfa7d7.pngafbeelding.png.787e1e679079af1f8a145ae4b39715a6.png

Edited by soussi

I think the facelifted model was due to be announced anytime now, but in light of the current delays, who knows? I had thought they would announce it in the autumn, make the production line changes over the Christmas shutdown and start deliveries in January, but that seems unlikely now.

Clearly there will need to be changes to the tooling and multiple new parts (new light units, grille etc.) which one would assume have a considerable lead time with suppliers. Equally, however, Skoda will need to use up the inventory of parts for the existing model and if they aren't building as many... 

• Like 1

When there is something to be said then surely a Factory Insider will leak to Auto Express, just as the Media Department usually do.  'Insider = Media Department'.

Or any Press Release will go to Autocar the chosen ones for UK stories from VW. 

1040130546_Screenshot2021-09-19at11_48.18AM(1).jpg.12d8f7ce64cd0749d1a8ba4cf2d5ced7.jpg

43 minutes ago, Seymansey said:

I’ll be fairly miffed if the orders are open for the facelift before I’ve gotten mine, but ours should fall into the “mild facelift” category anyway - new steering wheel etc. 

There's always going to something seemingly better to wait for - trade off is whilst you might gain a little in the 'aesthetics' area you often lose out in others inasmuch as little things are taken away from the standard spec.

4 minutes ago, Dazm said:

Just been reading an article where the head of skoda said reduced volumes will continue until January 2022  

This was posted in the Kodiaq section today…

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/vws-skoda-may-halt-production-due-chip-shortage-2021-10-07/

18 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Argh this does not look good. If that's what'll happen then I'd very much doubt my car would arrive before 15 March when my informal extension on my current lease has to end!

16 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Just had a message from our dealer. Week 28 or 29 build week car has arrived at dealer. Arranged pick-up on 29th October. Not really sure why it is going to take so long, but at least I now know when to dispose of my current car.

Great news! What was your spec?

Latest update on mine, ordered on 30 July. This is from Skoda chat today:

"I'd love to be able to check the order for you but unfortunately, we're experiencing technical issues with the order tracker. Please check back with us in a couple of weeks for any order updates.

Apologies for any inconvenience."

Doesn't sound promising...

2 hours ago, RapidPaul said:

Latest update on mine, ordered on 30 July. This is from Skoda chat today:

"I'd love to be able to check the order for you but unfortunately, we're experiencing technical issues with the order tracker. Please check back with us in a couple of weeks for any order updates.

Apologies for any inconvenience."

Doesn't sound promising...

I noticed that there is some movement from orders up to june, so all from mid/end july onward will be probably built in 2022 :s I hope not but that is what i think as i ordered also in july and there is no estimate build week but have given a 2022 as a most probabel delivery.

My Petrol Blue 1.5 SEL with Virtual Cockpit was ordered in July and had build week 34 assigned, it was built in that week but is incomplete and sitting in a field somewhere awaiting one or more chips!  I guess the Edition models are deemed to be more important (and probably have a higher profit margin!).

18 hours ago, Lussac said:

My Petrol Blue 1.5 SEL with Virtual Cockpit was ordered in July and had build week 34 assigned, it was built in that week but is incomplete and sitting in a field somewhere awaiting one or more chips!  I guess the Edition models are deemed to be more important (and probably have a higher profit margin!).

Which is the same status for me, it might be not so much the high models being prioritised but the blocks of models being produced. I remember the dealer saying that originally we could have the car a couple of weeks sooner if we had it in a colour other than quartz grey. So it’s more likely scheduling. I just want them to schedule line sooner! 😂

1 hour ago, Seymansey said:

Which is the same status for me, it might be not so much the high models being prioritised but the blocks of models being produced. I remember the dealer saying that originally we could have the car a couple of weeks sooner if we had it in a colour other than quartz grey. So it’s more likely scheduling. I just want them to schedule line sooner! 😂

The factory doesn't run on blocks of colour, that's nonsense. First car could be Red the next Black. 

• Like 1

On the back of the initial satisfaction my car our son ordered a new Karoq Sportline 1.5 DSG at the end of July for delivery 1st October. The last update from the Dealer was that the car "is built but waiting for a part" and they do not currently know when they will receive it, literally unable to provide any idea.    

2 hours ago, D1gger said:

On the back of the initial satisfaction my car our son ordered a new Karoq Sportline 1.5 DSG at the end of July for delivery 1st October. The last update from the Dealer was that the car "is built but waiting for a part" and they do not currently know when they will receive it, literally unable to provide any idea.    

Juli 2021? Then he is very lucky it has been built and comes on the 'to finish' list.