rear led fog light

hi

does anyone have any insite as to why the fog light wouldnt work. i cant find a fuse for it in the manual or online, its a 2014 and i believe its all led on the back.

it just failed the mot on it, thats all...bit irritating really

Screenshot_20210819-162439_Facebook.jpg

It'll share a fuse with other light functions so if it's the only light that's not working, the fuses are fine.

If there is no dash warning for a bulb out, then the most likely causes are a bad light switch or the BCM being miscoded.

It could be a wiring or failed light but I'd expect a bulb out warning.

If I were you, I'd use VCDS to check the light switch works. If it does, I'd then be checking the BCM pin and wire to the rear cluster with a multimeter.

Just checked on mine(also an led facelift twin door)   and the fog light is on the right cluster - could this be the usual twindoor wiring fail? I suppose you'd expect a bulb fail warning but not sure if the led fog light is covered by that?

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-20 at 11.37.49.jpeg

Edited by bigjohn

How can your fog lights work in isolation?

Mine will only come on when I flick through the settings on the light switch, i.e. all other light being on NAD the fog light.

On 25/08/2021 at 13:17, 26DIPP said:

How can your fog lights work in isolation?

Mine will only come on when I flick through the settings on the light switch, i.e. all other light being on NAD the fog light.

I think it's the angle I took the photo / daylight - the rear LED sidelights are on when the rear foglight is on:-

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 20.47.33.jpeg

Edited by bigjohn