Heated Seats on SE L

I have heated seats on my 2019 SE L, so I assumed heated seats were standard on the Octy3 FL SE L spec. (They were not identified as an optional extra when I bought the car used.)

But it seems they were not standard. I don't have heated washer jets or a heated windscreen, so there's no winter pack.

So was there a special "freebie" of heated seats, or did some lunatic specify heated seats without buying the full winter pack?

(Okay, lunatic is a bit harsh. The winter pack is a fair bit more expensive, but I would have liked a heated windscreen.:thinking:)

Full winter pack & heated steering wheel....all there when needed ! Money well spent & why not when having a new car to your specification ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BACUPIAN said:

Full winter pack & heated steering wheel....all there when needed ! Money well spent & why not when having a new car to your specification ;)

Agreed! Shame I just have a warm backside to go with my cold hands and frozen windscreen. :D

My apologies in advance as I'm barging on your topic as I don't want to open another one for a silly question but appropriate for me. Does anyone here think that the new AGR seats that are coming on the O4 are suitable to be installed on a O3 facelift as a retro-fit. Does anyone knows how can I order them, in UK ?

7 hours ago, momentsuk said:

My apologies in advance as I'm barging on your topic as I don't want to open another one for a silly question but appropriate for me. Does anyone here think that the new AGR seats that are coming on the O4 are suitable to be installed on a O3 facelift as a retro-fit. Does anyone knows how can I order them, in UK ?

No worries, it's just a chat thread really as I was genuinely surprised my heated seats weren't standard equipment on the SE L.

But to answer your question, no idea. I can't even hazard a sensible guess.

You might do better starting a new thread with your question, as it might not get noticed in this thread.

Heated seats only standard on new Mark 4 SEL cars, I added them to my SE Tech car. Heated windscreen should really be standard on more expensive versions too, I know it used to be virtually standard on every new Ford car in the past; not sure if that is still the case or not though. I was looking around for a late mark 3 SEL estate car with heated seats and couldn't find any a few months ago, don't think many people paid for that option.

12 hours ago, AllanDJ said:

Heated seats only standard on new Mark 4 SEL cars, I added them to my SE Tech car. Heated windscreen should really be standard on more expensive versions too, I know it used to be virtually standard on every new Ford car in the past; not sure if that is still the case or not though. I was looking around for a late mark 3 SEL estate car with heated seats and couldn't find any a few months ago, don't think many people paid for that option.

Welcome to the VAG world of stinginess my Friend 😀.

I agree with you though, some of the 'Standard' specs of Ford and Vauxhall cars would put Audi, VW, Skoda & Seat to shame...

22 hours ago, AllanDJ said:

The winter pack is pretty good value IMO, and would be a must-have option for me if I was spec'ing a new car.

That said, if you're on a tight budget, heated front seats for £255 sounds like a bargain.

• Like 1