Just now, RachelH said:

Hi, 

Im hoping you can help in anyway at all. 

My daughter started learning to drive last summer (2023) so I brought her a car. A 2006 Skoda Fabia ….

FABIA HATCHBACK - 1.4 16V Elegance 5dr Auto 75hp 

(She passed her test in January 🎉 - no more a mum taxi!) 

The car was all working fine in the first few months of getting it…. And then the winter weather hit! Major damp issues in the back footwells (which my brother has now fixed 🤞) , and the electric windows have stopped working. My brother is fairly good with cars etc, he tested the volts in the motor etc and it was all still ‘live’ but nothing he has tried (fuses etc) has fixed the issue. 

when my daughter got home yesterday she said it was so hot in her car and it was not great that she couldn’t open the windows…. and we aren’t even into the hotter weather yet. 

Will you be able to help in anyway? I’m (we’re) desperate. 

I forgot to say, we have tried a new motor with module ( 6Y2959802 - SK240DDRS) that didn’t make a difference.

On 16/03/2024 at 06:28, paulypaul said:

Morning

Have just emailed regarding motor exchange

Cheers

Have I replied to that email? Been a bit deluged recently and have lost track a bit.  

On 30/08/2021 at 13:20, Breezy_Pete said:

Hello Briskodians,

I would like to offer a repair service for some types of electric window motor module as fitted to a few Skoda models, as well as one or two VWs.

At this stage it applies only to two specific, exact part numbers fitted to the driver's side front door, as follows:

6Y2959802  Fitted to later Mk1 Fabia, from around October 2004.

6Y1959801  Fitted to Very early Mk2 Fabia and Roomster until end of October 2007; as well as 9N3 Polo and a few Transporters. (And some late 9N Polos I have learned).

Private Message me a VIN if you'd like me to check whether your car has this part number fitted. 

(As described a few posts below, either of the above part numbers + suffix A on the end can also be repaired.  Also happy to try with units of the subsequent generation, with part numbers 6Q1959801F, G, H, or J.)

Note that both of these are driver's side units, the difference in part numbering is due to the orientation/positioning of the motor module on the panels they mount to. 

These parts suffer a type of intermittent, progressive failure where they 'sometimes work fine, sometimes don't work at all'.  This is what I can fix for you.

I will test your faulty unit, confirm the problem, repair it to full working order and post it back to you for £59, total.

You'd post it to me (less than 1Kg so can be sent as a 1st class small parcel for just £3.69 using online postage at present, or £4.89 signed-for).  I would aim to turn it round within 2 days of receipt, and send it back 1st class signed-for.

This is the what the part looks like:

20210830_104835.thumb.jpg.48b8beb01209aa08d34422c3a421f169.jpg

Central locking via remote will still work in the absence of the window module, so you will be able to secure the car as normal while it is away. 

Obviously you'll want to ensure that both front windows are fully shut, as in the absence of the driver's side module the passenger side one will not operate.

New units are around £200 from Skoda/VW, and ebay 2nd hand ones with these part numbers tend to go for nearly £100.

I will charge you just £59 including return postage.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi

I would just like to say thanks to Pete for sorting this repair on the Polo window motor.

This is a brilliant service all done and returned within a couple of days. Excellent!

• Like 1