Rattles and Creaks

ayrshiredude

Just for info and a sum up.

I put two foam filter strips between both top corners of the digital dash and another between the bottom left corner of the right front vent,  drove along the problem road and all very quiet.  removed each one in turn,  the two at the top of the dash were my main problem but the vent joint was making a slight noise.  The filter foam can be compressed very small so used a very thin blade to push them in and they cannot be seen,  problem solved.

I do still have a slight problem under the passenger side facia but have seen other cures for that and is not a priority ATM.

I also have a hearing aid it amplifies the higher frequencies, so I could have removed it to stop the problem!!

Glad the info has helped.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I did nearly the same thing just yesterday, had some spare rubber door draught proofing, and squeezed it into the top left and top right of the plastic surround of the virtual cockpit. Doesn't move at all now, and no tiny little clicking rattle type sound. But as you have aswell, on the passenger door somewhere there is a slightly similar light rattle, it's the only one to try and find. 

Need to have someone drive whilst I use my ears and hands pressing everything, another tip I saw on YouTube was someone linking their phone to their sound system and playing different types of bass tones, low and high frequency, this then highlighted the rattles whilst just parked up. Might give that a go aswell. 

Photo attached top left of plastic surround

20240315_113806.jpg