Extended Warranty Renewal

Nick_H

Mines due mid November so a bit to go yet ....

I'm on year 6 of my Skoda purchased warranty does anyone know if Skoda gets in touch before the renewal date with an offer ?

Cheers

13 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Easy to just check the price yourself.

https://insurewithskoda.co.uk/extended-warranty

Yeah I've done that but I didn't want to jump in then receive an email from them saying X amount off if you renew ... Hence the 'anyone know if Skoda gets in touch before the renewal date with an offer'

Edited by Nick_H

Sometime they do and sometimes they do not,

and sometimes the Offer they make is more expensive than shows on that website.  (You can tell us if they contact you before your warranty expires.)

Do not jump in, just wait until due and then if no offer you know what to do.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

Sure you’re well aware of this as you’ve renewed several times previously but make sure to factor in the 30 day delay on the start date. I took mine out beginning of august though my original year doesn’t run out until tomorrow as I spotted the “cannot start for 30 days” clause when checking for prices. Maybe it doesn’t apply to a renewal but I didn’t want to take the chance of a gap in cover so I just put the start date to run from the original expiry.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Sure you’re well aware of this as you’ve renewed several times previously but make sure to factor in the 30 day delay on the start date. I took mine out beginning of august though my original year doesn’t run out until tomorrow as I spotted the “cannot start for 30 days” clause when checking for prices. Maybe it doesn’t apply to a renewal but I didn’t want to take the chance of a gap in cover so I just put the start date to run from the original expiry.

Thanks no I'd not thought of that .... Years 4 and 5 were purchased with the car so this year is my first .... Good spot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ahenners said:

Are you not better taking their "all in' offering now rather than the insured warranty? All in covers servicing as well as MOTs and is cheaper than the quotes I've seen on the insured warranty.

Not sure if that will be an option as I already have a service plan with the dealer that expires next year

• 2 weeks later...

Well that’s great news ! Last time I checked it was between 5 and 600 quid I think. Just renewed now and it’s exactly the same price as last year with zero excess. 

Comes out at £387 ! Bargain !

• Like 1

Slight update for others searching in future.... I've just recieved an email with a special offer to renew Warranty valid for a short time so thats why the price was the same as last years 🙂 

• Like 1

Good to know. I’ve already had the fuel flap solenoid replaced under my new warranty, £17 in parts plus labour out of my £403 - only a bit more to go…😂

Still in two minds if I’ll continue with it after the next year or go Revo instead. Really want to experience the remap on this beast but might end up staying sensible and standard, decisions!!

• Love it! 1

On 27/09/2021 at 17:40, SkudMissile21 said:

Good to know. I’ve already had the fuel flap solenoid replaced under my new warranty, £17 in parts plus labour out of my £403 - only a bit more to go…😂

Still in two minds if I’ll continue with it after the next year or go Revo instead. Really want to experience the remap on this beast but might end up staying sensible and standard, decisions!!

Change the car for a new one or carry on with the existing warranty. Remaps get boring and are easily detectable so best to leave as is or get a weekend play car.

8 hours ago, byteme said:

Change the car for a new one or carry on with the existing warranty. Remaps get boring and are easily detectable so best to leave as is or get a weekend play car.

I’ve got a 280 so that won’t be going anywhere for a long time!!! Got a motorbike too so don’t need a weekend toy, why would I want to change this car when it’s so good?!!

7 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

I’ve got a 280 so that won’t be going anywhere for a long time!!! Got a motorbike too so don’t need a weekend toy, why would I want to change this car when it’s so good?!!

Then as I suggested maintain the warranty and don't have it remapped.

2 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Think we will have to agree to disagree there and if I choose to remap my car is will have sod all to do with you thanks! 

Personally I don't care what you do with your car or your little toys, I'm just offering advice that remaps can be seen with diagnostic equipment and would invalidate much of the warranty cover.

• Confused 1