White fuel smelling misty smoke from engine bay

Ben12345

Hi All, 

Superb mk1 Awx engine with 172k on.

Lately the emissions light had been on and reduced power mode I believe is being enacted.

There is also a whooshing sound after accelerating, normal.turbo joist then like an anti turbo noise.

Today I've looked under the bonnet and seen misty white smoke coming from either the turbo or the exhaust but it's not possible to tell where it's coming from.

The misty white smoke is a strong fuelly smell (and can be smelt in the car when running).

A code reader says maf sensor reading incorrect which is the cause of the emissions light.

Any ideas what this white smoke may be?

I've asked before re the turbo being on the way out as the whooshing sound after acceleration only started a month or so ago.is this likely or is it something else that's likely to be the cause?

Any advise appreciated

And how do you propose the alleged uncombusted fuel from bad glow plugs finds its way out of the exhaust system to manifest as white smoke in the engine bay?

When my turbo went i had this whooshing sound when accelerating with cold engine, quickly followed by the engine management light. Once warmed up it seemed fine, just needed to stop the engine and start it again. I did try using turbo cleaner for a while - would put a bottle in when the tank was low and drive with high revs to try and clean it out. Worked for a bit but realistically you're just prolonging the inevitable . Think i paid around £620 for a Turbo (Fitted with new oil and feeds etc). Came with 2 yr warranty. Never had an issue with it then (until the gearbox died...)