Seeing is believing...

On 29/10/2021 at 13:00, Dappernut said:

Will you give us a wider shot please Yogi so we can see the entire side of the car with the trims off?  Thx.

IMG_0110.thumb.jpeg.f4cc938ce402c738001f9bff0b49676c.jpeg

I'm sold - much better without.

• Like 1

Yes, that's probably the way to go I think.  The wheels are more fussy than my personal taste, but that's certainly isn't limited to the VRS wheels

and are a lot less marmite than the aero covers.  Nice one.

- you will get all 4 wheels !!!

That's a relief...

- you will also get center wheel caps with new logo FOR FREE !!!"

Positively a bargain!

To be honest though, I think I prefer the ones I've got... and it would be a lot cheaper to pay for just the centre caps 😁.

14 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

- you will get all 4 wheels !!!

That's a relief...

- you will also get center wheel caps with new logo FOR FREE !!!"

Positively a bargain!

To be honest though, I think I prefer the ones I've got... and it would be a lot cheaper to pay for just the centre caps 😁.

Just think of it as expensive centre caps that come with free wheels attached 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2021 at 08:39, Yogi-Bear said:

Need to see what happens with directions from the built-in nav on the virtual cockpit, but direction arrows from CarPlay are... inconsistent. They're correct in most scenarios, but when on a motorway and approaching your exit, the arrow is telling you to 'bear right' rather than left. The arrow on the main infotainment screen (i.e. on the CarPlay screen) is correct, so something is getting lost in translation.

Ok, so after a lot more investigation and trials... this definitely seems to be a CarPlay issue. The arrows all point in the correct direction when using the built-in nav, but the issue persists when using CarPlay - and the only time it happens is for 'exit onto slip road' type directions (i.e. when leaving a motorway or dual-carriageway). Unfortunately, I have no other car to test it with... but I suspect a possible iOS15 bug. Would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing the same thing with CarPlay on other vehicles - those with MIB2 perhaps?

daft question but is there a setting in the apple nav for which side oft he road you drive on?  Sounds like it thinks you are driving on the right...

No... and if that was the case, surely all the directions would be wrong? For example, it shows the correct way (clockwise) around a roundabout. It's just this one particular thing that's wrong.

Anyway, found someone on a T-Roc forum moaning about the same thing - sounds like CarPlay passes the metadata to the car, which then display the native direction arrows (CarPlay also supports using the virtual cockpit as a second display, but VAG cars don't support this). So either CarPlay is passing the wrong metadata for this one use-case, or the MIB is translating it incorrectly - again, just for this one use-case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This looks fantastic.. Agree about the covers off, I would def source some centre caps and wheel nut covers for proper OEM look.. Enjoy.. I had the 2.0T 220bhp in my Superb and it was great and got a good bit quicker when it loosened up.. 

On 28/10/2021 at 15:03, Yogi-Bear said:

I'm going to go "without" - if only for the fact that it took me less than 2 minutes to whip all 4 off the wheels. If I don't leave them off, I'm sure someone els will help themselves at some point.

Does mean I need to buy some centre caps though 🙄.

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.be4a35a30fa83c849a0300afc8f9311a.jpeg

Afternoon, have you measured the centre caps yet, I make it a 56mm fitting but didn't know if someone could confirm 🙏

On 28/10/2021 at 15:03, Yogi-Bear said:

🙏

Edited by oliverreed2
Messy quote

13 minutes ago, oliverreed2 said:

I make it a 56mm fitting

Yes, that's correct - but there appears to be something different about the middle of these wheels. The caps I bought (admittedly 3rd party) won't clip into the wheels because there's no groove for them to do so. I'm assuming that's how it normally works - honestly have never taken the caps off wheels before!

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Yes, that's correct - but there appears to be something different about the middle of these wheels. The caps I bought (admittedly 3rd party) won't clip into the wheels because there's no groove for them to do so. I'm assuming that's how it normally works - honestly have never taken the caps off wheels before!

Oh no, so you'd need something kinda deep like the middle of the cheese graters that you pull off?

7 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

What is the diameter of the centre holes please?

5 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

What is the diameter of the centre holes please?

7 hours ago, oliverreed2 said:

Afternoon, have you measured the centre caps yet, I make it a 56mm fitting but didn't know if someone could confirm 🙏

🙏

7 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Hi Yogi,

I’ve ordered a Kodiaq VRS and saw your post about the alloy wheel centre caps, did you manage to find a solution to get them to fit?

Cheers for your help,

Car looks great mate 👍

On 18/11/2021 at 21:31, Yogi-Bear said:

On the left is the back of a cap I ordered… and on the right is the back of the aero trim.

IMG_0145.thumb.jpeg.084bb4715055dd4940be835c2b56e951.jpegIMG_0146.thumb.jpeg.e0fc67d7aae0c5fc6e0f3528e33cfbea.jpeg

Just now, Jamess999 said:

did you manage to find a solution to get them to fit?

In a word, no. But then I haven't really tried...

I did consider putting the aero covers back on - but I've decided I really like the look of the wheels without. It had occurred to me that I could cut the middles out of the aero covers, but that would effectively destroy them and I'm not prepared to do that.

On 18/11/2021 at 13:10, Yogi-Bear said:

I think you need to try some genuine Skoda centre caps. I've had hit and miss results with non-genuine caps bought on eBay before.

There are quite a few Ignite alloy wheels for sale with centre caps fitted.

16 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I think you need to try some genuine Skoda centre caps.

Won't help - they have short 'prongs' too from all the pictures I can find. There definitely seems to be something different about these wheels compared to other Skoda (or VAG) wheels.

22 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Won't help - they have short 'prongs' too from all the pictures I can find. There definitely seems to be something different about these wheels compared to other Skoda (or VAG) wheels.

Something is amiss then, I very much doubt Skoda decided to retool the existing Ignite 20" alloys to allow them to accept the Aero trims, I'd imagine they'd be far more likely to design the new Aero trims to fit to their current alloy wheel design.

There are Ignite alloy wheels advertised online that claim to be off a facelift vRS with Skoda centre caps fitted.

I've also had issues with seemingly identical non-genuine Skoda centre caps bought off eBay, Wish and Aliexpress not fitting my wheels.

Even though the fitment on the Aero trims is longer than that of the centre caps which appears to give the impression that the lip the clips hold onto is in a different position, could it be that the extra length is simply to accommodate the fact the aero trims sit further away from the face of the alloy wheel than the regular centre caps?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Something is amiss then, I very much doubt Skoda decided to retool the existing Ignite 20" alloys to allow them to accept the Aero trims, I'd imagine they'd be far more likely to design the new Aero trims to fit to their current alloy wheel design.

There are Ignite alloy wheels advertised online that claim to be off a facelift vRS with Skoda centre caps fitted.

I've also had issues with seemingly identical non-genuine Skoda centre caps bought off eBay, Wish and Aliexpress not fitting my wheels.

Even though the fitment on the Aero trims is longer than that of the centre caps which appears to give the impression that the lip the clips hold onto is in a different position, could it be that the extra length is simply to accommodate the fact the aero trims sit further away from the face of the alloy wheel than the regular centre caps?

The 2022 Kodiaq vRS has Sagitarius wheels with the aero covers not the Ignite alloys.

21 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

In the UK?

As @Kenny R says above, the only option in the UK is the Sagitarius wheels.