Warning light

Marko72

My Kodiaq was showing an amber warning sigh. Looks like an engine sign but apparently its the Emissions Control Light.

Phoned my local Skoda could only fit me in after 5-6 weeks!

In the meantime had it checked it over with my mates diagnostic tool. 

Codes P2456 & P154B came up :DPF Sensor 'A' circuit intermittent/erratic & DPF differential pressure sensor faulty.

Drives OK at the moment. 2 weeks to appointment,  just under warranty so hopefully its covered🤞

Worth calling 'Skoda Assist',  as a driver with a 'Warning light' and no knowledge of cars other than reading the Owners Manual so you are concerned about is it safe to drive.

They can send out a 'Responder' / Tech to read fault codes and maybe even carry out a repair but at the least have the Codes Logged, even have a Courtesy Car arranged while your car gets attention at an Approved Repairer. 

• Like 1

Given it's a 4yr old diesel and you're based in NW London, the most obvious question is how many miles has your car covered and what's it's typical journey? Could your DPF be blocked?

If it's the DPF symbol rather than the engine symbol that's being displayed, then I'd be tempted to take the car on the motorway, drive at a constant 60-70mph for 15mins with the engine revving at a min of 2500. You may have to use Sport mode or put the DSG in manual mode and select a lower gear to achive that 2500rpm. Hopefully the light goes out otherwise it's back to your original plan.

• Like 2

A bit pointless on such a new vehicle when cleaning would probably suffice if it is even needed, it sounds like a sensor or cabling problem, you should get it scanned as a matter of priority, it may not be getting the data to initiate or complete a regen, you probably dont have a blocked DPF but you will have if regens cannot occur and you continue driving.

The absence of a signal or reliable data from the DPF differential pressure sensors may prevent the vehicles normal safeguards, warning lights, limp mode etc, from preventing the DPF from filling beyond the limit where it can be recovered. That is when you start considering DPFectomies, you don't want to put yourself in that situation.

• Like 1

Having come over from a different marque which used catalytic solution injected into the fuel to aid dpf regeneration and little knowledge of VAG products, can anyone inform me whether VAG cars use catalysis, and if not, how they regenerate the dpf? Just for information as I now have 2 petrol cars. Both of these have gpf, so I wonder do they block and if so, do they regenerate?

5 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Given it's a 4yr old diesel and you're based in NW London, the most obvious question is how many miles has your car covered and what's it's typical journey? Could your DPF be blocked?

If it's the DPF symbol rather than the engine symbol that's being displayed, then I'd be tempted to take the car on the motorway, drive at a constant 60-70mph for 15mins with the engine revving at a min of 2500. You may have to use Sport mode or put the DSG in manual mode and select a lower gear to achive that 2500rpm. Hopefully the light goes out otherwise it's back to your original plan.

The light actually went off after 1 day but then after a week it came back and stayed there. So  ,after getting the  code the first thing I done was to get some Wynns DPF cleaner and flew up and down the M40 regually. Still no joy. 

4 hours ago, roottoot said:

Sorry, i did not see it was a 4 year old car when reading on a phone and not looking at the Members profile. 

I wrongly assumed it was just still under the Manufacturers Warranty. 

Well bought it used from Skoda. Still within there used car warranty. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wino said:

Find and visually inspect the DPF pressure sensor, they have been known to melt, which might be obvious at a glance.

Back of the engine bay near the firewall, often. 

Found it and looks in pretty good condition.I did see that some have melted. Ill just see what my local Skoda say. 

20211111_102720.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...