Fabia VRS Estate rear rattle video

Jinjawoo1990, perhaps if you could post up some good quality daylight photos (horizontal landscape please to get more info in) of the gap with hatch shut and photos of the seal profile and latch and catch some here that know the model (so that excludes me) might see if there are any variations from factory or usual.

21 hours ago, nta16 said:

The thought crossed my mind but Xmas can be depressing enough without loading anymore depressing thoughts and if the door or seal was fitted wrong then the catch and latch (which is which?) might be stretch to accommodate, I don't even assume the catch latch is factory, strange and unknown and unrecorded things can happen to a vehicle during its use and life.

You both could be right. It could be the latch and the boot is not full closing against the seal. Maybe these panel gaps are not that big (maybe they are) but you can see down into the gap. 

91841658-4828-4454-BABC-D941CED4C008.jpeg

404EB0C8-B3ED-44FC-89A3-FC688EB0819F.jpeg

I had a similar noise on a Fabia Combi some years ago, mine was due to a disintegrating 'tower rubber stop' on the rear suspension dampers which allowed the hard plastic cover to slide to the bottom of the damper and ratle with every imperfection in the road surface. 

I know you said - probably not under the car. Have you checked the rear coil springs? We had a coil broken. It was not really visible but the broken end does clonk around in the seat.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 17:49, Jinjawoo1990 said:

Maybe these panel gaps are not that big (maybe they are) but you can see down into the gap. 

91841658-4828-4454-BABC-D941CED4C008.jpeg

404EB0C8-B3ED-44FC-89A3-FC688EB0819F.jpeg

Perhaps those with a Mk2 could comment (they look fine to me).

On 22/12/2021 at 23:56, UrbanPanzer said:

In all honesty, very hard to tell anything from that apart from that there IS a rattle 😁

If I took a pot shot, I would be looking at the boot catch / latch and boot stops to ensure its pulled tight when closed.

After that would be rear seat latches...................Does it make the noise with the rear seats folded down / unlatched ?

Edited by UrbanPanzer

The best thing to do is check all the rear suspension system out make sure it all good.

The rear storage compartments in the boot can come loose and rattle and there is a vent behind the rear bumper that can come loose and rattle it all so allows water into the boot spare wheel well.

The panel gaps look okay to me look about the same as my vRS estate the MK2 is know for not having perfect panel gaps 

On 29/12/2021 at 08:45, Jinjawoo1990 said:

Rattle found. Rear door latch faulty and replaced. Nice and quiet now! Thanks for all your help 

8 hours ago, Rsrob said:

The best thing to do is check all the rear suspension system out make sure it all good.

The rear storage compartments in the boot can come loose and rattle and there is a vent behind the rear bumper that can come loose and rattle it all so allows water into the boot spare wheel well.

The panel gaps look okay to me look about the same as my vRS estate the MK2 is know for not having perfect panel gaps 

Hi mate, see above, sound found 👍