Music on SD cards

RSB

Thanks but I use that port for my iPod and want to free it so I can connect my iPhone for ApplePlay. I hope I will have an answer for the SD card soon.

Regards

I have a 2019 Superb and have recently started using the SD card slot for music.

I use  a 64GByte one - see below. It's formatted to exFAT (which is the way it was supplied - I haven't changed or reformatted it at all). It cost about £8.99 - available just about anywhere that sells these things.

I use a Windows PC to create folders on the SD card and copy MP3 files into the folders. It goes in the #2 slot (nearest the centre of the car) and works perfectly.

SD-Card.thumb.jpg.ba4aa108bb9f377c614e13e192c5a252.jpg

In answer to geordiebloke. My Superb does have a Jukebox but it is only circa 12GB so not big enough for me and I suspect a lot of people.

5 hours ago, RSB said:

Thanks but I use that port for my iPod and want to free it so I can connect my iPhone for ApplePlay. I hope I will have an answer for the SD card soon.

Regards

Fingers crossed that we can get this sorted!

you could also find a local superb driver with a SD card that works, meet in a pub car park and try his card in your car and vica versa, just to confirm the infotainment unit is working

Thanks for the suggestion. I am currently going through that exercise thanks to a kind fellow Briskoda member's help. The SD card went by post yesterday so, hopefully, I will soon know if it is the card or the car or even me!

Cheers

14 hours ago, RSB said:

In answer to geordiebloke. My Superb does have a Jukebox but it is only circa 12GB so not big enough for me and I suspect a lot of people.

My thinking was to upload your music to a USB and then use this to upload to "The Jukebox" which hopefully would help to rule out the file format your using, your SD card etc.

Having now examined and fixed RSB's SD card on my Windows 10 PC, it's now sorted. Windows 10 saw two logical disks/partitions on the SD card. One with all of RSB's music and one which Windows wanted to format, but couldn't. The latter was a partition just 20MB in size. The music played fine on my PC but not on my car. 

I deleted the 200MB partition. Didn't help. So there was no real choice but to delete the music partition as well, AFTER I'd copied all the files to my computer.

Then it was straightforward. In Disk Management, I deleted the music partition, initialised and formatted the card (exFAT) and copied the music back. It now worked in my Columbus. 

Hopefully RSB will have the card back in a day or two. 

It was an interesting challenge. I'd never seen a card with two partitions before!

MP3 in a car is fine, too much noise and other stuff going on for a better format to be of any real value, so unless you park up and listen with engine off in very quiet areas - but most people are doing other things in those circumstances 😉

• Like 1