Amundsen MIB2 no internet connection

Tbjay124

Hi, does anyone have a problem like mine? 

I will describe it shortly. Of course the Skoda connect stopped working for me (somewhere in 2021Q2), but only now I got time to fight with it.

I deleted the assignment on the web as well as in the car. I added it once again. I tried to enter the code twice but it didn’t work, so I did the deletion and adding one more time. The code was rejected once, but the second attempt brought me to the screen where “system is checking the configuration (bla bla) it may take few minutes (bla bla)…guess what - system is checking it since last month. I tried to do factory reset, restart…even I left it without the fuse for a night, but still it’s the first screen I see after I (link my WLAN and) press Skoda Connect on the screen of my car

It simply means that I can delete the car on the web and ask for new code, but I no longer have an option to enter it in the car…

14 hours ago, matriw said:

Hi, does anyone have a problem like mine? 

Welcome to the club! The same problem everyone has (different messages on different units depending on SW version)

Looks like Škoda 'fixed' it once again, as it is 'investigating' and 'fixing' it for two months now.

Happy Škoding!!!

Hi guys,

today i brought my 1 Week old Used 2018 Superb III to the dealer. He is trying to fix it (exact same Problem like MRobi, and i tried exact the same things (last Joker was the Fuse, with no success as you could guess).

The Dealer said Skoda requests a Software Update of the OCU (Onboard Communication Unit) is needed.

Lets see what happens tomorrow. I will let you know!

Hi,

i have a new appointment at Skoda on Monday. The dealership said there is nothing they can do, i should call the Skoda hotline. After i talked with representatives o Skoda Germany, they told me i should bring my car again to the dealership and they should check the OCU... We'll see what  they say on tuesday. I'll keep you all in the loop too.

Hi, new to Skoda as collected my new lease car this week, the dealer went through with me and set up Skoda connect and all was good for day one, then ever since the car isn’t connecting to the the servers as I have a greyed out globe and the info call not connecting looks like the eSim isn’t connecting.  I did try to connect the car to my home network which it did but couldn’t get any updates and this doesn’t seem to send any data to the servers as I can not see the charge or my last drives.
Car is back on Monday as they missed a scratch on the car when I collected it so they said that they would take a look but find it hard to set up a new sat nav place as it uses the connection to search for everything including post codes?

any ideas?

thanks 

- reset network (dont know necessary or not)

- menu , ŠKODA Connect (online services)  ,Services Management , Private mode, check

-   Privacy settings and manage services (uncheck)

-  read some service validation date

- check  Privacy settings and manage services

After working me, it works for others as well.

Can somebody verify or confirm?

Sorry for bad english.

6 minutes ago, MRobi said:

- reset network (dont know necessary or not)

- menu , ŠKODA Connect (online services)  ,Services Management , Private mode, check

-   Privacy settings and manage services (uncheck)

-  read some service validation date

- check  Privacy settings and manage services

After working me, it works for others as well.

Can somebody verify or confirm?

Sorry for bad english.

Great will give it a go as car in for a scratch which I picked up on when collecting the car. Already been told the tec will need to look at this when I collect as need my phone?? I am sure this is a car issue as the globe not white. The loan car is a 71 sport line and this connected and the globe went white within a few mins of starting up and gave me traffics and not even set up or linked to the car. 

1 hour ago, amenzel said:

Way back thus was one of the issues. 

20220314_131513.jpg

In my case it is still and always was part of the problem i reckon, the services management screen just stayed blank.

My car is at the dealership, they are checking if there is a problem with the OCU... i hopefully can tell more tomorrow

Got my car back. They told me, that skoda responded and said it is a general problem of the skoda connect servers. I shall try it again and again the next days. At some point it could and should work.

They checked and updated all Software Parts (OCU and MIB) to the latest Firmwares. There is nothing they can do! 😞

3 hours ago, JensW said:

Got my car back. They told me, that skoda responded and said it is a general problem of the skoda connect servers. I shall try it again and again the next days. At some point it could and should work.

They checked and updated all Software Parts (OCU and MIB) to the latest Firmwares. There is nothing they can do! 😞

Exactly the same in my case... i got my car back yesterday, at the moment there is nothing they can do... poor performance from skoda, i count myself lucky, that the online infotainment the only thing is that relies on connection in my case. VW group is lightyears away from where they presume they are and the customer is the one comming short.

Cheers

Breaking news... After trying everything the last 2 weeks... and getting bad news from my dealer I tried the last thing I didn't try before... and guess what... I COULD REGISTER MY CAR AND IT CONNECTED INSTANTLY WITH NO LAGS PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!!!! I had no expectations in it because I already removed the Fuse a week ago with no success... but:

I took off the Battery Wires for 15 Minutes.... etc voila... it Worked instantly!!!

Give it a try.

23 hours ago, JensW said:

Breaking news... After trying everything the last 2 weeks... and getting bad news from my dealer I tried the last thing I didn't try before... and guess what... I COULD REGISTER MY CAR AND IT CONNECTED INSTANTLY WITH NO LAGS PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!!!! I had no expectations in it because I already removed the Fuse a week ago with no success... but:

I took off the Battery Wires for 15 Minutes.... etc voila... it Worked instantly!!!

Give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up! Mine did it, without effect...

But i'll try to connect today, maybe the flopsy servers are running :)

I would say the battery off is the way forward as my new car was in for paint and they disconnect the battery and thus fixed mine. 

Hi Everyone, 

been a while since I have updated my post, basically because I had nothing to report, well my car has been back into the dealership and had a software update installed as requested by the technical team at Skoda Connect, upgraded from 0475 to 0480 was done ok but still no internet connection and have yet again referred back to technical team 😤

unless they come up with something positive I may not bother anymore, see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Hi, new to the forum but wanted to share that I'm also having the same issue on my 2018 Octavia vrs, owned for a couple of months now and its never been able to connect (despite hotspot connection to my phone and having a good 4g signal) - it's in at the local dealership in a couple of weeks so planning to bring it up with them and see what they say, will let you know.

Hi Dan18, welcome

Good luck with the dealership, they will blame anything but their own systems, my car has been looked by the dealership 4 times now all with the same result.

I have as good as given up on it now but letting it run as long as they are willing to keep trying.

Could the answer be to change the Amundsen unit and what ever acts as an antenna for the internet, don’t think there would be much Change out of £1000 so I can’t see that ever happening. 

• Like 1

Hi SurrySlowCoac, in reading your post it sounds like you had been using Skoda Connect but stopped working, if this is correct how long had you been using it for.

sorry to hear you are now in the same boat as many, many more of us on hear all with no real help from Skoda.

I've been using it since new, and while it's had occasional outages these have never lasted more than a couple of days, now it needs to be reregistered which seems to be unlikely to happen any time soon I think I'll be asking for a refund of the fee paid as I only recently renewed it for a further 12 months. I use Tom Tom on Android for navigation but I found it handy to be able to zoom out on the Amundsen and see the traffic situation some distance ahead, though it still displays traffic from the radio not really as good as the much better updates on Connect.