2022 F1

camelspyyder

45 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Amazing how much the pre-show can be improved by using talking heads of Lee MacKenzie, DC and Billy Monger.

Just a shame Lee can't be the lead presenter at all races, a true professional presenter who does research before the event to ask relevant questions and doesn't try and turn it into a comedy show like the Welsh t**t  

• Love it! 1

It seems Ferrari made yet another tactical mistake by sending Charles out on a set of new softs in Q3 that were meant to be saved for the race, meaning that Charles doesn't have a new set of softs available but Max does 

On 26/08/2022 at 22:14, nige8021 said:

The time difference between Max and the rest in FP2 he'll be up with the leaders in a few laps 

OK it took 12 laps but still an outstanding drive from P14 to P1

• Like 1

Well it's amazing what he can do now he has such a big car advantage.

Hes been so close to the front in inferior RedBulls for many years.

Now it's competitive the others don't have a chance.

Edited by camelspyyder

8 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Hamilton wasn't a happy bunny with the team tacticians, but it was Russell's call at the last minute for softs otherwise they would of both been sitting ducks. 

You’d’ve thought either Lewis or the team would have learnt from AbuDhabi - it seems GR and MV had made note…

Engine penalty rules are ridiculous, as is RBR's straight line speed advantage.

Max can afford to take the just 5 place penalty to have a new engine he doesn't even need yet.

Should have to start from the back every time when using extra engines.

He'll probably be in the lead by lap 3.

What a shambolic end to the race, seems the FIA haven't learnt from last years fiasco or are just s**te scarred of being seen to do the wrong thing again ?

One good thing was Ch4 having Lee as the lead presenter, to show real sincerity about HM The Queens passing, as I hate to think what the Welsh guy would of done !   

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Does anyone know of a case where a crashing car has hit the right hand side of the circuit between the Lesmos? I don't.

The FIA are just s**te scarred of applying the rules they set out, and when the winning team principle says it shouldn't of finished like that, not the second place principal tends to strengthen the arguement that the FIA is in a mess and maybe Mr Masi freestyling wasn't such a bad thing ?

On 11/09/2022 at 21:35, KenONeill said:

Does anyone know of a case where a crashing car has hit the right hand side of the circuit between the Lesmos? I don't.

Possibly John Watson in a McLaren.

Ah no, spun off the kerb at Lesmo 2.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

2 teams have been found to have exceeded the FIA cost cap last year,one of them substantially.

Will said teams be punished retrospectively for 2021?

Punished for overspend on R&D for 2022?

Or punished for gaining a lasting advantage into 2023?

If it's brushed under the carpet, the cost cap is dead.

49 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

2 teams have been found to have exceeded the FIA cost cap last year,one of them substantially.

I thought it was still under investigation? I've not seen anything from the FIA ? only a couple of the usual team principles slinging mud at each other 

7 hours ago, nige8021 said:

I thought it was still under investigation? I've not seen anything from the FIA ? only a couple of the usual team principles slinging mud at each other 

The FIA are supposed to announce their investigations into breaches of the 2021 cost cap on 5th October.

It's widely rumoured that there has been a minor breach (Aston Martin?) and a major breach (Red Bull?) - minor breach means less than 5% over the cap. Penalties can range from a fine or points deduction to exclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Today Red Bull and Aston are accused by the FIA of proven cheating, exceeding the spending cap for 2021.

RedBull by less than 5% so classified as a minor breach.

Ferrari team boss Binotto says 5% equals 0.5 seconds a lap, so its significant.

What will the punishment be?

Did overspending make their 2021 cars faster, their 2022 cars faster or both?

• Like 1

‘A minor breech’.

It’s a breech by a team that won the 2021 WDC, which went to the last lap of the last race.  That 5% could have been all the difference during the season.

I bet Mercedes and their driver will love this.

1 hour ago, nige8021 said:

Considering Ferrari have for years diverted some of their R&D costs into the production cars and have not been penalised 

2021 is the first year of the controlled cost cap??

Edited by camelspyyder

1 hour ago, camelspyyder said:

2021 is the first year of the controlled cost cap??

Yes before it was more of a Gentleman's agreement and not up for inspection by the FIA but Ferrari have historically been the biggest cheaters over the years and probably are still just they can employ better accountants 

• Like 1