Car in garage tomorrow (Nav, SOS and now collision light) - thoughts.........

SeanyH

Firstly, happy new year all !

So my Octavia estate 21 plate SEL hybrid is in the garage tomorrow to fix the issue that i mentioned on this forum thread a few weeks back :

Octavia Nav issue

As mentioned in the same thread, the SOS system failing seemed to be the start of the issues on that day after i heard the "double pop" through the speakers which was only sorted once the car was turned off and left overnight so i plan to have that looked at also.

As a present from Santa on Christmas day, i was treated to a 3rd issue namely the brief presentation for approx 5 seconds of the following red collision warning sign :

1611922443_Collisionwarningsymbol-20211225.jpeg.6a928547a6d13bee01e8ee81391b04b8.jpeg

I was driving at no more that 40 mph on a quiet "straight" country lane with not a sole in sight in-front or behind

So my $6m dollar question is, what is wrong, are all these issues likely to be related and if so, what element should i be pushing to be replaced and what should i watch out for from the dealer ?

Its my first ever Skoda hence my first dealings with a Skoda dealership (previously had an Audi A6 Avant)

Any thoughts out there ?

Thanks in advance

Hi mate , dont count on the fixes getting done. Your dealer tech guy like mine is in the dark as what needs to be fixed and these tech guys rely on the SW outputs from campaigns.

My car has been in many times for frozen screen , SOS , Sat Nav , ACC etc . All they ever done was update me from 1788 v SW to 1803 , update the AC climate.

Since i have officially complained to VWFS ( personal lease) i was given two options. 

a) Stay with the car as a fix is being "MANUFACTURED" and released by 31st March 2022, if that doesn't happen full rejection will be accepted.

b) Reject now and keep the car till i organise another from any other brand or stay with VW group.

Looking at the wait list and the price of new leases , its not the time to change , so i await the big fix and if they cant fix its bye bye and hopefully the market will calm down by Mid year.

Cheers for the replies guys

interesting thing from my point of view is my car is a company car through Leaseplan so hopefully I can apply some pressure via that route

will update tomorrow evening detailing how I get on 

Hi, I also get a double pop sound from the area behind steering wheel/media centre followed by a “blink and miss it” message saying SOS activation generally 5/10 mins after setting off on a journey.

Sound is similar to a pneumatic valve operating.

Mine is booked in on Monday 10th for a 5 hour update that appears to have reset itself or didn’t get done, oops did I say that out loud

Quick update :

So i have the car back but Service Rep said Nav issue still persists (same as previous screenshots shared) even after major software updates were applied

Evidently, during lockdown, some vehicles were not patched 🙄

Guess that this is plausible considering the vehicle has a production date of 2021-01-04 (its my cars production birthday TODAY 🍰) and it was delivered on 2021-06-04

That said, the "System Information" screen shows exactly as before and as shared so its either something else, or someone is telling porky pies

They have said it needs a new CU which requires the main engineer to install but he is off with Covid.

ETA for arrival of CU is 5-7 days

So i have at least 1 more visit to the garage

Oh, and upon driving off the forecourt, it says it needs an oil change but they didn't think to do it !! :rofl:

Mine was in a few weeks back and since then it's been faultless. Probably completely spew it's guts in the morning now though. 😁

The only thing that they didn't fix and they told me there isn't one yet was the adaptive cruise fault so will need to go back for that.

I still love the car though and have spent a bloody fortune recently on cleaning stuff so that confirms it. Race blue ftw.

I'm a 61 year old professional moaner but can't see me swapping this car for a while yet.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2022 at 12:42, Nightowl said:

Hi, I also get a double pop sound from the area behind steering wheel/media centre followed by a “blink and miss it” message saying SOS activation generally 5/10 mins after setting off on a journey.

Sound is similar to a pneumatic valve operating.

Mine is booked in on Monday 10th for a 5 hour update that appears to have reset itself or didn’t get done, oops did I say that out loud

Update 

Ok picked up the car last night. 
managed to drive about half a mile before the poltergeist decided it had moved from passenger interior light to the driver’s interior lights, ok let’s call dealer, great no speaker connection to iPhone so I can’t hear anything at my end. Guessing I’m not getting a lay in tomorrow morning another visit to dealer.

plus point 🥴SOS appears to be fixed

• Like 1